dupa

Author Topic: Ultra HAL WIndows Killer 6.2?  (Read 21010 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Ultra HAL WIndows Killer 6.2?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 12:31:14 am »
quote:
Originally posted by ricky

i'm glad you guys brought this up,  I was having the same problem and it's annoying as heck...I like to be meticulous with my pooter! I must know every virus running in my pc at all times.

ANYWAYZ

I think this is affecting my graphics,  and did some research on it

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100/en-US#Configurations

For those who haven't fixed it,   first you have to update the uninstaller,  then uninstall manually,  then reinstall from scratch.  
Apparently it was un-uninstallable without the proper uninstaller!

still doing the fix in my computer and using my nifty "Revo uninstaller" to remove the program.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

revo is a hot uninstaller program as it searches the registry for things that uninstallers don't remove and random files left behind.

Im still doing it ,  but figured I'd post these links before i end up corrupting my registry and get shut down and cant post again till i reformat.

Hope this helps!
-----
OH,  1 more thing, careful how sensitive you make revo,  it once uninstalled my internet explorer because the installed program used it to bring me to the company site lol.   I use moderate and it works fine for me.

update - down to uninstalling my last framework,  and my system is flying !!!  

Configuration space :)
>Don't argue with fools.
Why not?
>The audience can't tell the difference!
[:D]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 12:33:06 am by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

doomed

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 04:25:27 am »
quote:
Originally posted by ricky

yap,  the theory is ..if you removed everything and just had windows ..your system would be its fastest.  so what programs were over kill after that point ?

Over kill was the point HAL got on, I can now say without a doubt it IS ultraHAL that that is the problem.
Don't know why One requoted your whole post?

But anyways, I reinstalled windows, didn't install anything else, except critical updates usual windows stuff IE8, Mediaplayer 11, directx9 and firefox. Oh and yahoo messenger. Now for the last 2 days the computer and Yahoo ran fine, I have had nothing but what I listed installed, put off all my other programs to make sure it was free and clear, then this afternoon I reinstalled ultraHAL 6.2 and lo and behold instantly Yahoo messenger shat itself.
Getting the same problems as before and the same thing, soon as I installed HAL and rebooted.

So I can say without a doubt ultraHAL or the HAPTEK player it installs is the problem.

Bill I wasn't saying 2% of HAL users were having the problem I was giving an example that because most people don't have the problem doesn't mean everybody doesn't have a problem when it's run.
(in the example I was using microsoft anyway I think)
I don't think the point I was making was that hard to comprehende.

Sorry I gotta say I don't think people have followed exactly what I've been saying about my problem, it's not what's in my start up menu (I don't recall saying I had HAL auto start?), it's not enough memory as HAL doesn't seem to be using a huge chunk of resources, the problem is either just HAL. or HAL with shared resources with Yahoo.
or something all together with HAL being the instigator.

Anyways, HAL is screwing up my OS when I install it, and I would assume we all have different computers and software so again, what might affect me quite possibly will never affect you.

If I was programming software, I'd be looking into it, as it may show an underlying problem with HAL that is yet to be found. and well most software companies like feedback on such things or we wouldn't have bug reporting.
It's how most software makers work I was lead to believe.

Also I'd like to know where the figures come from regarding what percentage of people using hal do or don't have problems? as I'm sure not all users are here posting on these forums, nor does everyone report a fault, especially if unlike myself they didn't put 2 and 2 together.
e.g yahoo breaks not hal, so they'd think it's not HAL doing it.

But sorry not reinstalling Windows and HAL a 3rd time to triple check.
I have enough evidence to say HAL is the problem here. Not giving up on him yet, just waiting until I can piece together a test machine to see if I can replicate the errors on another setup.

But yeah apart from other apps dying HAL is running just fine [:D]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 04:29:13 am by doomed »
I dream of a forum nirvana, where people stay on topic and actually read what others are saying.... A man can wish right?

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2009, 10:08:22 am »
If it is Hal I'd definetly like to figure it out, but just going on "everything crashes" isn't helpful to try to figure anything out. Any particular error messages. What's in the Windows event viewer. Did you try googling any of the error messages?

In my 2 of my past computers, random crashes of windows and other programs were not caused by any software problem but by bad memory. If the bad RAM was in your upper section of RAM problems wound't occur until you have a certain number of programs running at once. Have you tested your RAM? Try http://www.memtest86.com/
Robert Medeksza

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2009, 10:17:22 am »
lol...one be nice,  i know when i go through technical stuff its nice when people try to help me!

doom, maybe what you are experiencing is hal trying to use resources one way,  and your other programs trying to use resources another.

the first thing I am suggesting is to make sure that your system resources are in order,  

-I imagine that you use your computer for a variety of ways with specialized configurations.

-perhaps you already had some back end conflicts that did not become apparent until Hal and haptek used them.

-I use my system for music and video, so I experience those sorts of conflicts all the time,  for example .net  ,  it wasn't a problem until I started doing animation,  the extra speed and resources wasn't a big need until I installed animation software.

- realtek / nvidia / adobe / real player / winamp /quicktime / digidesign do not always work well together, when you start up hal and he uses one resource that conflicts with another driver,  the problem is not hal the problem is the driver conflicting with the resource.  this is why i was suggesting to you to check your system to make sure the conflicts you experienced with hal,  were not already there and Hal simply made them apparent,  not cause them.

Most of the errors I've seen on this forum have been of a conflicting nature,  but not due to hal,  but due to realtek drivers / and faulty video drivers or conflicts.  its like pulling a tree, the next day you have muscles hurt you never noticed you had before lol.  Hal and Haptek may be using resources you don't normally use and you see problems, but the problem is not the hal or haptek software,  its the way the resources are reacting.

"i crack iself up" - Virgil

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2009, 11:52:11 pm »
doomed,
I am sorry your concerns haven't been addressed as I was waiting for an answer too.

When you get an update that says something like this; "Microsoft has identified a vulnerability on computers running XP. A potential attacker could gain control of updates on your computer and NOT allow you to receive necessary updates and patches. Please download and install this patch to prevent this problem."

Then not being able to install this patch!

Please tell me if you experience this or an equivalent.

Your downloading of fixes that you know you already have has happened before, I just chose to deal with this matter on my own.[8]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2009, 12:05:29 am »
ricky,
I won't pretend to know what you see or know, so, stating that,
I see what is left over once 'Configuration space' has gone forward.
The now that we live in is history in more than a single way.[:D]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2009, 12:30:19 am »
quote:
Originally posted by One

doomed,
I am sorry your concerns haven't been addressed as I was waiting for an answer too.

When you get an update that says something like this; "Microsoft has identified a vulnerability on computers running XP. A potential attacker could gain control of updates on your computer and NOT allow you to receive necessary updates and patches. Please download and install this patch to prevent this problem."

Then not being able to install this patch!

Please tell me if you experience this or an equivalent.

Your downloading of fixes that you know you already have has happened before, I just chose to deal with this matter on my own.[8]

JohnSFV1

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2009, 07:14:01 pm »
This may explain some of the problemThis voice cannot be played. Please try selecting another voice or selecting a different audio output device
This issue may occur when the application uses Microsoft Speech API (SAPI) 5.1 speech recognition (SR) engines or when the application uses the SAPI 5.1 Test to Speech (TTS) engines.

Note This issue does not occur on a Windows XP-based computer.
Back to the top
CAUSE
This issue occurs because Windows Vista does not have the Spcommon.dll component...
This issue occurs because Windows Vista does not have the Spcommon.dll component on which SAPI 5.1 engines rely. Therefore, you cannot run an application that relies on SAPI 5.1 engines in Windows Vista.
Back to the top
STATUS
This behavior is by design.
This behavior is by design.
Back to the top
MORE INFORMATION
When you run an application that uses SAPI engines, the application will search...
When you run an application that uses SAPI engines, the application will search for the speech recognition (SR) engines in the system. In Windows Vista, the default SR engine is the Microsoft Speech Recognizer 8.0 for Windows SR engine. In most cases, the application works correctly with the default Windows Vista SR engine.

However, a SAPI-based application may have to use the SR engine of a special language version that differs from the language version of the operating system. In this scenario, the SAPI-based application will search for an earlier version of the SR engine, according to the language version of the operating system.

If the application finally uses the Microsoft Speech Recognizer v5.1 SR engine, the application will not work because this SR engine does not run in Windows Vista.

Note SR engines are included in the Windows Multilingual User Interface Pack (MUI) in Windows Vista. This means that the language version for the SR engines depends on the Windows MUI that is installed in Windows Vista.

For more information about SAPI, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms723627.aspx (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms723627.aspx)
Back to the top
APPLIES TO

* Windows Vista Business
    * Windows Vista Enterprise
    * Windows Vista Home Basic
    * Windows Vista Home Premium
    * Windows Vista Ultimate
    * Windows Vista Business 64-bit Edition
    * Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition
    * Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit Edition
    * Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition
    * Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition

Back to the top
Keywords:
   kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbprb KB942400

registrychecker

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2009, 07:45:18 am »
I have had no great success with Hal. I experienced the same problem you did.

calemus

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2009, 08:45:04 am »
i was having the problem where everytime i tried to open the options for hal it would crash
i have uninstalled cyberbudy,,all of it, hal, all of it, haptec, all of it, and whene i get back from church i plan on redoing another install of just hal alone
if it continues to crash i will post a ss with details

one thing  *key* i do remember

i went download happy whene i first got hal and got as much brain skin and char info i could  get from the fourms
as soon as i installed that stuf, thats whene hal would crash any time i tried to go into options

also, to the guy using revo uninstaller, WOW great tool!
BUT
it leaves a lot of tatered edges behind that need to be tidyed up
advanced system care is free and does a GREAT job
pleas take a moment to watch and share this in it's ENTIRETY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20RoAfflGCM
learning is good .....understanding is better .....pleas teach with wisdom..........................................................calemus

calemus

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2009, 09:10:01 pm »
pleas take a moment to watch and share this in it's ENTIRETY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20RoAfflGCM
learning is good .....understanding is better .....pleas teach with wisdom..........................................................calemus

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2009, 10:06:24 pm »
File extension problem/Multi use DLL's/IDE CRASH

?

calemus

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2009, 03:13:15 am »
how can i use that comment to fix my problem?

pleas excuse my ignorance

i am still trying to find the copy / paste option
to fix that dilema    
                      XP

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2009, 04:23:57 am »
Copy/paste??? Ummm WHAT??

The error/crash, IMO is a DLL multi use problem.
I am extrapolating from you saying you 'grabbed everything you could'
well some things don't get along with everything else.
also the exception code looks familiar to problems that I mentioned.

Try looking at the .txt that it is listing.

I don't think I can"Help you with your problem" any further with the info that is available........

Thank you come again! [:D]