Author Topic: Hal graphics work  (Read 21039 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Re: Hal graphics work
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2013, 08:17:55 am »
Great job on the new avatar and background.

you probably already know this but if not:
The voice does not work in latest IE browser, and mouth animation continuously loops, however it does work perfect in the latest firefox browser.

also you might want to note:
quote from website homepage
Hi there. Welcome to Zabaware. My name's Hal.
But Hal seems to think differently :O
user: what is your name?
Hal: you can call me zaba.
user: I thought your name was Hal?
Hal: Oh my name is hanna.
user: no! your name is Hal.
Hal: Server response error
I think I confused him :(

I changed his name to Hal, so it should know his name now. I tried it with IE10 on Windows 7 and it seemed to work for me. Next I tried it in IE9 with Windows Vista and saw some rendering issues, it was rendering in IE7 quirks mode for some reason. I changed some headers around to force IE9 to render in its best mode and that fixed it for IE9. Could you try it again and see if it works for you? What version of IE and Windows are you using? Also try hitting F5 to force refresh of all javascript as I've been changing it often and your cache might be old.
Robert Medeksza

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2013, 09:41:04 pm »
Could be on my side but Firefox of coarse updated and I do not hear the voice as of tonight.

Every thing looks fine but I think the trigger words or how you structure a sentence gives Hal a problem. Example: very, pretty good (okay 2 words). But with my trial with Hal "pretty' can't be used as in my example. The word 'pretty' is always associated with 'good looks' which makes sense but what happens to the rest of the sentence? I believe the, 'you', me, I combined with a name can be confusing for Hal. Not that I'm very good with grammar but I would think the newer Hal would be more forgiving especially if you don't have spell correct function.

You also have to take into consideration that this was one conversation on the fly. I kind of jumped around topics. One thing seems better and I can't tell if the plug-ins affect this. But Hal on line seems to except questions a bit better.

Just a quick observation on my part. As I said that was a single session for a few minutes and on the fly with topics.

raybe

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2013, 03:09:04 am »
Could you try it again and see if it works for you? What version of IE and Windows are you using? Also try hitting F5 to force refresh of all javascript as I've been changing it often and your cache might be old.
Sorry Robert I was not around and did not get an e-mail notification that you posted :(
I just tried again after clicking f5 and I still get the same results, no sound but constant mouth movement after user input sent.

I'm using internet explorer10
version 10.0.9200.16635
update versions: 10.0.7 (KB2846071)

PC specs and OS specs are in the screenshot below

UPDATE: I just tried on my wifes computer which also has windows 8 Pro and the same version of IE and it works as it suppose to, Maybe something is wrong with Java on my end (insert scratchhead smiley)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 03:27:17 am by sybershot »

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2013, 07:34:39 am »
Could you help me get some debug info? On the computer it doesn't work on, could you bring up the IE developer tools (by pressing F12). Then click on the "Console" tab to bring up the javascript console. Then type something to Hal and enable speech. Then copy and paste the console output to me. The console output will look something like the screenshot below.

Also, do you have Adobe Flash installed on this computer? What about the other computer where it works fine? The speech is able to use either Flash or HTML5 for audio output and tries to pick the best available option. It could be one mode works well and the other doesn't.

One other thought is that some mobile browsers block auto-played audio and require a user click event to play audio. I'm wondering if IE on Windows 8 is acting like a mobile browser. When it doesn't play hit the button to toggle speech off and then hit it again to toggle it back on. Does it work after that second click?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 07:41:42 am by Medeksza »
Robert Medeksza

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2013, 03:55:10 pm »
Last night I did some investigating myself and also a virus scan through-out the night using Windows Defender and found out I had a virus Exploit:Java/CVE-2013-0422 and Java for IE was disabled.
I removed the virus and re-enabled Java. Now that I re-enabled Java Hals mouth does not move nor do I get any vocals from him.
I do have Flash, and a few others So I took a screen shot of all my IE browser add-ons and the console as requested.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2013, 04:17:28 am »
Rob,

Tried IE 10 / Windows 7
This is what I received:

Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings.  It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.
SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'warn'
soundmanager2.js, line 1188 character 9
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Frosty Greenacre

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2013, 05:39:15 pm »
Just wanted to say I'm still lurking, and loving the new website! Looks much more modern and should pull in some new custom :)

Also still looking forward to the new brain when it gets released! I've got some money set to one side ready for release still :D

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2013, 06:39:25 am »
Rob,

The web site speech function worked perfectly with Win 7 and CHROME!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -