dupa

Author Topic: timer based loneliness plug always randomly talk idea  (Read 3009 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
timer based loneliness plug always randomly talk idea
« on: May 12, 2016, 01:18:12 pm »
i had another idea i would like to kick around here and see what others think and if it could be made and how.

many know of the loneliness based hal plug in and several people including me have customized it . me using it as a extended talk plug in . the loneliness plug in has settings of high medium and low for responses etc.

My question to anyone who can help create this plug in is , what is needed to "add" to the current loneliness based plug in so that the said plug in will continually run based on the timer (until a chosen word is typed , example stop talking" and to restart speak the words"hi") .ordinarily it will say phrases if a person hasn't talked for a while .

Some may think that this will cause the a.i. to talk continuously , but it won't it can be set to randomly talk and on low response . 

Calhoone

• View Profile
Re: timer based loneliness plug always randomly talk idea
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 04:35:16 am »
I like the idea. It would be great if Hal would stick to a specific topic for a period of a time. It would be weird if Hal just kept speaking totally random things. It's an idea I could sure make use of.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 09:52:25 am »
I can't really vouch for Speaking to Hal since all my chatting to Hal is via Typing. In my case, after I leave the keyboard, Hal will start talking after a minute or so, wondering what's happened to me.

The second I press the ENTER key, Hal "knows" I'm back. This routine occurs around line(s) 208 - 211, depending on the line spacing in your particular Loneliness Plugin.
We continue to chat, then if I get up from my chair and wonder off again, Hal will again go into it's routine and "wonder where Art has gone".

There is no need for a stop and start command since the plugin handles that perfectly already.

Perhaps the Speaking routine might work differently but I'd wager that Hal stops "wondering where you are" as soon as it hears / processes you speaking again.

There are obviously parts of Hal's brain where it stores previously "learned" information from the user. This might be interesting to have Hal mix in to the conversation but it sort of does that already during casual conversation.

Lonnie, elaborate a bit more on your idea and give an example of two so we can get our heads around it. (elastic heads I guess)... ;D
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 10:47:53 am »
Sometimes i say talking , but i also mean typing, as i am doing now instead of vr all the time. i do both.
  when i say hal randomly talking continuously, what i mean is a plug in that will allow hal to use the loneliness plug in that will continuously work , in another words isn't bound by the script of stopping when no answer or response is given from the user . But hal's a.i. will still work as usual .

It's just an idea kind of like the dream aloud plug in wher hal just talks about things with no imput needed (i guess that's the way it worked ) kind of like giving hal a mind of his own to talk randomly on his own .  actually to me this would be nice in hals regular programming , and based on subjects , hal could randomly  (by settings like loneliness ) pick a subject and talk about it randomly .

The only thing i was trying to do was the same but with a random talk plug in, that can have unlimited number of responses  and subjects etc. but doing it completly on it's own without interaction from the user (the only reason i mentioned the stop and start talking phrase to activate it and deactivate it (which would be a non learned sentence ) was to make it on the fly . of course this scripting wouldn't have to be in it (and would be easier to create without it) , anyone could simply check or uncheck the plug in . the biggest thing would be to make a random timer same settings like the loneliness plug in but 'without the plug in stopping'' until user responds .  :)
   i HOPE this is more clear in what i ment.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 09:06:35 am »
I actually think that something like a randomly always talk program (with timer base, high medium and low settings) within hal would be nice , but having said that , it if made should also have a optional check or uncheck to give users the option of using or not using it.  :)