dupa

Author Topic: error of character to hal program  (Read 4688 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
error of character to hal program
« on: September 14, 2005, 03:07:18 pm »
i downloaded a kimi acs.  character and it works o.k. in cyberbuddy but when i moved the file into ultra hal's character file and then tried to open it in ultra hal ( the name kimi shows up and i hit apply and o.k. and have even restarted the computer but when i try to open it up with her cgharacter it says : error loading agent character 2147024894-2 the system cannot find the file specified . what am i doing wrong as i need to know as i have some other characters that i also want to install in ultra hal if i can get this solved , any help would be greatly appreciated . !![:)]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 06:44:30 am »
Your .acs character files should be placed with any others in:

C:\WINDOWS\msagent\chars

Should work fine from there.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cinematec2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 10:13:32 pm »
I'm having the same problem I'm using XP Pro. Everything is installed I have dowloaded the free Brandy  and the Crystal, ,Alexis plugins and the only one that shows up in the C:WINDOWSmsagentchars are the  free brandy, merlin and random. The crystal and and alexis jpgs are in the C:Program FilesabawareUltra Hal Assistant 5Characters. I can get the  free brandy to work in hal and cyberbuddy but no other characters. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 05:27:27 am »
Again, if your agent character file has an .asc extension it belongs in the above referenced location in order to work properly.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cinematec2000

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 08:37:27 am »
Ok I do understand fully that the .acs file needs to be in the C:WINDOWSmsagentchars

I did a computer search and the only acs characters in my computer are at the above location are free brandy, merlin and random

The Crystal plugin I paid for at http://desktopmates.com/PhotoRealGallery/PhotoReal-gallery.html
only contains two jpgs the welcome screen, her picture and a uhp file. there is no .acs file in the download this is the same for any other plugins at the bottom of this link http://www.desktopmates.com/AI/plugins.html

I also read that   NOTE: The Character Plugins on this page ARE NOT character programs, they are plugins that patch your Existing DesktopMates Character into the Ultra Hal program and you must already have the full version of the DesktopMates character installed on your system for the plugin to work

Ok I have the free brandy character and paid for Crystal character.

Do I have the wrong character installled to make the other plugins work.

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 12:56:35 pm »
Cinematec2000, I have never bought a Desktopmate, but as far as I know Desktopmates are just realistic looking msagent-characters. They work exactly the same as good old Merlin & Peedy, but only look more attractive. That's why you must have downloaded or received a file with the extension ".acs" from Desktopmates, or something went wrong.

pactive

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 01:39:35 pm »
Desktopmates sells msagent characters. To easily use an msagent character in Ultra Hal, desktopmates supplies FREE plugins.

It sounds like you didn't download the character you paid for, you only downloaded the free plugin.

You should download and install the character, make sure it's in the c:/windows/msagent/chars folder, then run the plugin.

The jpegs are part of the plugin, they're not part of the character.