Author Topic: random conversatian plug in idea  (Read 2612 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
random conversatian plug in idea
« on: June 22, 2007, 11:11:01 am »
i was wondering if cutting edge or someone who is willing to make plug ins for everyone to share could possibly make a plug in that would randomly pick out something from a list if this is possible . maybe from the question and answer section since things can be pre written , etc. in their . and have a setting of 1 to 5 ? as to the minutes of random speach . in another words if you write to hal and have stopped for a while hal will bring up some conversation on his / her own just like a real person does . it would work simular to the loneliness plug in .  what does anyone think about this ??[:)]
 again this is to make hal sound more human like .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 03:24:12 pm »
We had several auto-idle plugins that worked well with Hal 4 & 5 but none of those seemed to work with the latest version 6.1.

It added remarks based on any one of several lines of text and the time period could be set within the script file which I think used .04 to equal a minute. 1440 minutes in a 24 hour period. Divided by 60 = .04

Seemed to add a nice touch of realism to Hal. Perhaps someone will try again to recreate a working plugin.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 05:05:57 pm »
well art , do you have any weight to throw around , it sure would be nice to have a plug in like that . anyone out their willing to make one that will work with the 6.1 version ?? i hope . by the way thanks art for answering back on this ![:)]