Author Topic: two bots or hal talking  (Read 9338 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
two bots or hal talking
« on: June 19, 2016, 09:10:32 am »
i have seen in the past on you tube probably showing two different bots or hal? talking haveing conversations with each other , was that for real , or just fed txt files and saved seperate as comunication between the two , and if real , how did they do it , it would have to be based on written txt files for each one to read and know to relpy or voice recognition .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: two bots or hal talking
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 08:04:20 am »
How about TWO Separate computers both running the Same program and Both with microphones and Speech Recognition and Speakers?
Start one program by typing in a simple, "Hello there", press Enter then let the other computer "Hear" that statement...

The race is on...

Just a thought as I'm not sure it could be done on just one computer as things might get a little mucked up.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 09:04:11 am »
yes that's probably how it was done , but even dragon speak has to be taught , of course their is a way around even that using a computer , inb my dragon speak it has different levels of teachings , if one could copy the text then drop the text into hal using the voice of chouce , the dragon speak would hear that voice and learn from the pronounciation and levels of training , then would be able to recognize the hals voice , and doing this with two seperate hals or bots it could be done .
i recommends anyone teaching dragon speak training to learn how to back up the traing sessions , it just as with hal makes it easier if a corruption happens or moving to anther computer .

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 10:44:10 am »
That is part of what I am trying to achieve with this thread; http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=13091.msg75395#msg75395

If we can get Hal to interact with an irc program of some sort then we could have multiple Hal's talking with each other.

I have seen the videos you are talking about. It does look as if two separate nots are talking on the same machine.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 07:52:39 am »
Calhoone,

You should really try an email to Robert (or several) (in case you haven't).

- Art -

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 08:23:38 am »
Been playing with haptek & have 2 girls talking.
Just thought you might like to see them.
If you do decide then make a folder somewhere & name it 2Girls.
I have attached the links in notepad.
Grab all the files & put them in the folder you made.
Read the instructions cos you will need to change some things.
If all goes well i hope you like them.

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 11:22:56 am »
@Art I will definitely have to contact Robert about it. Thanks for the advice.

@Nige  I'm going to give that a try when I get home from work. Thanks!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 08:38:26 am »
@ Nige (et. al.) - It appears that you are using ogg files that would contain the speech of each participant (bots).

What I was thinking (and possibly Calhoone) was to have the Hal bots actually chat to / with each other in real time, not a simulated conversation.

I apologize if I'm wrong here so do advise.

Thanks as always.

- Art -

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 07:21:20 pm »
Art, you are not wrong.
If i post anything again i shall read through properly.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 08:49:56 am »
Nige,

I think you read one part of Lonnie's conversation and I read another section of it.  ;D

Not to worry as you did offer a fix for your part! English! What's a mother to do?!  ;)

- Art -

peace

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 07:34:09 pm »
this could be done useing the lonelyness plugin and the file reader from hal com. each time the lonelyness plugin triggers it would read from the file as origional sentence and post to the file hals responce. in effect hal would talk to him self.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 08:16:03 pm »
Nice but not quite, as the loneliness plugin has a fixed or limited number of canned responses. Number two, the responses contained in the plugin would not necessarily be or keep on topic with Hal's (other bot's) conversation.

Reading Lonnie's original posting once again as: "i have seen in the past on you tube probably showing two different bots... or hal talking haveing conversations with each other"

Perhaps the video was edited to give the illusion that Hal was having a conversation with himself, but it is pretty cool none-the-less.

Lastly, keep in mind that the responses of the loneliness plugin appear down the list, not in order of any question or reply.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:19:04 pm by Art »

- Art -

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 08:34:32 am »

- Art -

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 09:51:59 pm »
I'm not sure about the Zabaware video but it appears to me as if he spliced videos together. However, if anyone knew how to link Hal together with Hal on the same machine, it would be Robert.

The second video is an approach I have thought about for having two hals talk. (Using Speech recognition on two computers with speakers to get a conversation going).  I would imagine that would take quite a bit of training to get working properly.

The others, I'm not sure. They could be on separate machines or maybe they are two instances on the same computer. The one thing to note with those is that they are not Ultra Hal so it may be possible for more than one instance with that program. (I have no experience with them)

peace

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 11:13:35 pm »
you would have to tweak it but the lonelyness plugin would work..... you could have each bot email eachother and when the lonelyness plugin triggers it could read the email as the origional sentence. the output would then be emailed to the other hal and would be read on the next cycle..... but why?