Author Topic: anyone with blender experience  (Read 3196 times)

Anna1.0/hal6.2

anyone with blender experience
« on: August 25, 2012, 07:14:56 pm »
what do i need to export a finished character project as and how do i get hal 6.2 to use it animations and all??

tedathome

• View Profile
Re: anyone with blender experience
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 03:18:03 am »
 Welcome to the forum Anna. Hal currently supports Microsoft Agents and Haptek. I don't think an Agent would do much for you. As far as Haptek, I have done a lot of work with haptek's starter software, called People Putty. Sometimes I can even replicate some of what their more expensive software does by use of Hap temp folder.  I have been told that .obj files are needed along with the more expensive Haptek software for conversion to .haptar or .Htr , the accepted files for Haptek.   Also, I understand that .3DS can be converted to .obj with other software, free or paid. However, the file limit is about 2MB. Very limited.  Animation in haptek is done with .hap files.       
 Ogre support has been in the works for some time now, and will offer more options and larger file sizes for us in the future.
 These are my opinions only! I don't speak for Zabaware or other members here. May I suggest you click on the search box in upper right hand corner of this page. Many years worth of information and wisdom can be found there! Best of luck to you in your quest!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 03:21:52 am by tedathome »
ted

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: anyone with blender experience
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 09:31:24 am »
Good explanation Ted.

In addition, you need to have purchased the Character Expansion Pack in order to use characters other than the Frog and a couple of Default ones.

You do (at this time) need to create your character via People Putty and save the resulting Haptar file then rename it with a .hap extension.

There are a HUGE variety of character types that can be created (your imagination) and used within the UltraHal GUI but they do have their limitations.

Hopefully, in the Very near (hint) future, we will see the ability to use much improved characters with regard to fluid motion and graphic quality as well
as diversity of character creation.

Hang in there...it's coming!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -