Author Topic: New Features we would like in HAL 7.1  (Read 29091 times)

MacGyver

• View Profile
Re: New Features we would like in HAL 7.1
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 11:03:15 pm »
Hi again, I'd like to also suggest to add a checkbox option so when Ultra Hal program is started, it opens rather than "just" sitting in the tray.

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 11:23:40 pm »
I noticed some misspellings in unit conversions. Fahrenheit is spelled fahrenheight, for example. 

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2018, 04:57:16 pm »
I would like to see a two tier info or even more . responses when hal interacts back , in another words if a person is talking about the 1950's .
hal responds and tells things about the 50's from a tier one answer , if more is mentioned about the 50's a second , etc. etc. tier answer would be followed up , maybe if no info. is available after hal thinks(checks ) hal might say i really don't know that much about the 50's , what other things can you tell me about the 50's . after a person says or tells hal more info . on the 50's or whatever, hal might say "that's pretty interesting about the 50's, thanks for telling me about it.  :)

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2018, 12:13:53 am »
I would like to see HalScript compiled to a dll to eliminate the limit size of vbscript, while keeping HalScript for debugging purposes.

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2018, 11:32:35 am »
Also, I would love to see Hal have an understanding of time.

For whatever reason, Hal is unable to tell me how many days are in a week, how many weeks are in a year and how many hours are in a day. If this could be expanded, Hal could say things like, "There are X days left in the year" or "There are X hours left in the day."

-Spitfire

MacGyver

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 01:23:49 am »
I recommend in ver 7.1 to remove the word "Assistamt" from Ultra Hal's welcome.html file and certain dialog boxes, to align with Robert's intention.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 01:26:56 am by MacGyver »

MacGyver

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2018, 01:40:16 am »
I recommend in ver 7.1 that the "Upgrade Ultra Hal" is hidden/not shown on the context menu when running with a purchased, or current version, of Ultra Hal.
Related, it mildly conflicts/misinterprets with the "Upgrade Program/Help Database during start up" checkbox in the startup options area.

MacGyver

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2018, 01:46:59 am »
The "Upgrade Ultra Hal" context menu selection points to URL page  https://www.zabaware.com/assistant/plugins.html
which comes up 404 - File or directory not found.
So, a recommended item to address as part of ver 7.1

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2018, 07:56:21 am »
Also, I would love to see Hal have an understanding of time.

For whatever reason, Hal is unable to tell me how many days are in a week, how many weeks are in a year and how many hours are in a day. If this could be expanded, Hal could say things like, "There are X days left in the year" or "There are X hours left in the day."

-Spitfire

There is the plugin by ramccoid called KnowledgeOfTimeV2.uhp that works nicely with my Hal 7 version.
I put the plugin in my Ultra Hal 7 Folder then select it from the General Options > Brain then Plugiins section.
Restart Hal and ask away.

Here the link:https://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=4115.msg24061#msg24061
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2018, 09:31:37 am »
ART, I think most all the Old Posted Plugins are gone and like that one takes you to a 404 page when you click to download the file...

The file would have to be re-posted.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 10:08:10 am by LiFeTimeGamer »
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2018, 02:54:38 pm »
I do remember the KnowledgeOfTime plugin, however, I also recall it not working correctly or corrupting Hals Brain last I used it. Some error with the hemisphere function.

-Spitfire

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2018, 07:49:35 am »
Sorry about that 404 error but the Version 2 of that Plug-in works fine with my Windows 10, Ultra Hal 7 install!!

I asked it all the same questions that Spitfire has asked and more. Everything worked fine.

Here is the file. Yes, it's old but it works. So did I up to a few years ago. ;)

- Art -

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2018, 11:53:26 am »
Unfortunately, V2 of this plug-in corrupted my Halbrain as well. Setting the hemisphere and date format in the general options on the plug-in cause all tables to be wiped in Halbrain, according to Hal Editor.

I'm not sure if it helps, but the plug-in is always highlighted in the plug-in menu, regardless of what plug-in I'm selecting.

-Spitfire

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2018, 10:15:15 am »
The reason that Plugin is always highlighted is that the Plug-ins are sorted in an Alpha Descending order and as such, any Numbers are displayed before any letters.

Simply Rename that Plugin and remove the numbers so that it just reads KnowledgeOfTimeV2 or similar and it will no longer show as being highlighted. The AIAddress Book should be Highlighted and First in your list.

Had to think a bit on that one but even though you state that the Plugin corrupted your Halbrain, my Hal still replies and remembers everything that I've taught it for years.

Perhaps OTCE will weigh in on the KnowledgeOfTime issue since he had his hand in it with Ramccoid (Spelling?).

- Art -

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2018, 10:39:03 am »
I have a similar problem with my HAL 6.28 HalBrain.db, if I load it into the brain editor none of the tables show up, they just display as Empty Folders but HAL 6.28 works just fine...

It wasn't a plugin that corrupted mine, I'm still looking at what caused it because I think LightSpeed and one other guy had the same problem a while back...
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.