Author Topic: Hal Aim bot trouble.  (Read 13296 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Hal Aim bot trouble.
« on: August 18, 2005, 10:41:03 pm »
As of 9:00am thursday August 18th my Aim bot doesn't sign on at all.

I backed up the Zabaware folder, Uninstalled UltraHal and deleted existing Zabaware folder, Fresh install, Aim bot panel comes up, Click sign on, Nothing happens, Anybody having this problem? This was HAL 5 upgraded to HAL 6.

After discovering that the unaltered original and upgraded program didn't sign on either, Everything else seems fine, Except now as I went to place my backed up files back into Zabaware folder only to discover that the ultrahal6.uhp had not only replaced my database with a fresh copy but some how had also replaced my back up copy that had at least 50 hours of solid programming done to it, This is very frustrating that my back up ultraHal6.uhp has been altered back to the original and it wasn't even in the same folder!

Luckly I still have it all in other brains, just got to re-convert it

again.

Any help Rob, Von, Anyone?

50 hours down the toilet I guess.
Jerry.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 10:46:05 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

mch

• View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~valaith/
Hal Aim bot trouble.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 12:31:25 am »
I noticed this too but prior to attempting to log in the AIM bot I installed Norton AV 2005 and I thought that it might be blocking the AIM bot but I guess i'm not the only one having issues.

onthecuttingedge2005

Hal Aim bot trouble.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 02:24:53 am »
Is anybodies AIM Bot working?

Three days have gone by and mine no longer functions at all.

I have tried on two different systems and the HAL AIM 2.2 will not even produce an error panel, The AIM panel just sits there and does nothing.

Please, Try your HAL AIM bots so we can see if its an inside or an outside problem.

Jerry
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 02:26:04 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

kevinvr

• View Profile
    • http://kevinvr.tripod.com
Hal Aim bot trouble.
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 05:21:40 am »
My aim bot has been working fine so far. I will run it again now and leave it online a few days to see.
I dream of creating a self replicating, self maintaining, autonomous robot :)

kevinvr

• View Profile
Hal Aim bot trouble.
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 05:26:08 am »
AAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! yep mine has bombed out too! doesn't connect or do anything at all.  Does this have something to do with the date??? eg Aug 20 or Aug 18?? or maybe because I upgraded my aim to ver 2.2?? even my old belvinhal does't connect and Kendy on my notebook won't work either.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 06:06:16 am by kevinvr »

onthecuttingedge2005

Hal Aim bot trouble.
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 02:11:49 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by kevinvr

AAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! yep mine has bombed out too! doesn't connect or do anything at all.  Does this have something to do with the date??? eg Aug 20 or Aug 18?? or maybe because I upgraded my aim to ver 2.2?? even my old belvinhal does't connect and Kendy on my notebook won't work either.

Hi Kevin.

Then our problem has to be with Zabawares server or AOL/AIM TOC Server has been removed from available service, If AOL/AIM TOC has been eliminated then AIM bot is useless forever, there was talk years ago that they were going to eliminate TOC to get rid of Bots online.

Just a theory, So far.
Let me know if you find anything out and I will too.

Jerry.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 02:19:40 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

Hal Aim bot trouble.
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 02:18:44 pm »
Hi Rob.

Please, Re-sign on your AIM bots, Is your Bots working or are you in the same boat we are?

If so, Can we get the newer version of HAL to be compatable with the newer AIM programs and eliminate TOC altogether?

Jerry.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Hal Aim bot trouble.
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 07:09:50 pm »
Hi Jerry,

I noticed this a few days ago also. It seems AOL has blocked TOC clients from logging on for some reason. I followed the login script and I can see that TOC server still exists, it lets clients establish a connection and send a username and password to the server, but it simply never replies back. It doesn't break the connection, it simply ignores everything sent to it. I'm not certain if they changed their protocol, if its a temporary problem caused by updates to their Oscar server, or if they decided to block TOC clients.

People have reversed engineered the OSCAR protocol that the real AIM uses and I found some sample code I can work off of. If the TOC server doesn't come back online in a few days, I will begin working on changing the Hal AIM Bot to use the OSCAR protocol instead to include as part of Ultra Hal Assistant 6.0.
Robert Medeksza

kevinvr

• View Profile
Hal Aim bot trouble.
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 09:44:27 pm »
Hi Jerry
Is it possible to hal communicate with another hal just using an ip number/address and log on name and password?  My er1 robot can be remotely controlled and i can pass messages to and from it using any pc whether using my isp ip number/adress over the inetrnet or I can use my home lan for local access. I just wondered if this was possible with Ultrahal?? Maybe Bill can tell you more about this because his er1 has been working longer than mine and he knows much more about programming than me[:)][:)]
Thanks, kevin
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 09:50:30 pm by kevinvr »

onthecuttingedge2005

Hal Aim bot trouble.
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2005, 10:55:56 pm »
quote:

Hi Jerry
Is it possible to hal communicate with another hal just using an ip number/address and log on name and password?  My er1 robot can be remotely controlled and i can pass messages to and from it using any pc whether using my isp ip number/adress over the inetrnet or I can use my home lan for local access. I just wondered if this was possible with Ultrahal?? Maybe Bill can tell you more about this because his er1 has been working longer than mine and he knows much more about programming than me[:)][:)]
Thanks, kevin

Very possible.
All possibilties are only limited to ones programming skills and creativity and logical understanding.

I have seen some chat rooms that are written in vbscript and vbscript is compatable within HTML programming if written correctly could run off of an IP address.

It would be better if it was hard coded though, lots quicker.

Jerry.

onthecuttingedge2005

Hal Aim bot trouble.
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2005, 11:09:16 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

Hi Jerry,

I noticed this a few days ago also. It seems AOL has blocked TOC clients from logging on for some reason. I followed the login script and I can see that TOC server still exists, it lets clients establish a connection and send a username and password to the server, but it simply never replies back. It doesn't break the connection, it simply ignores everything sent to it. I'm not certain if they changed their protocol, if its a temporary problem caused by updates to their Oscar server, or if they decided to block TOC clients.

People have reversed engineered the OSCAR protocol that the real AIM uses and I found some sample code I can work off of. If the TOC server doesn't come back online in a few days, I will begin working on changing the Hal AIM Bot to use the OSCAR protocol instead to include as part of Ultra Hal Assistant 6.0.

Hi Rob.
Very cool.
Oscar is a better deal than TOC for sure, I always wanted HAL to be able to use a real AIM panel with all the options, Trillium 3 is also another good Instant messenger, MSN,ICQ,AOL/AIM,Yahoo all in one messenger.

Trillium would be a kick butt program to use for HAL, Awesome indeed.
HAL is already the best over all bot around but with a trillium messenger would make HAL's popularity sky rocket.

You can check out trillium 3 here:
http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/downloads/

Would it be possible that you could also make a patch for us using the old AIM bot so we can get our Bots back online with the newer Oscar if TOC has been removed from service.

Thanks.
Jerry.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 06:00:31 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

kevinvr

• View Profile
Hal Aim bot trouble.
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 01:41:07 pm »

[/quote]

Very possible.
All possibilties are only limited to ones programming skills and creativity and logical understanding.

I have seen some chat rooms that are written in vbscript and vbscript is compatable within HTML programming if written correctly could run off of an IP address.

Jerry.
[/quote]
Thanks Jerry,
We have a few programs that initiate this one is called er1 remote and even have some that have the original source code for connecting via lan or internet.  Do you think Robert would be interested in some of these and do you think he would add this functionality to hal?? If you want to check them out I can send them to you or to Robert, but I do not want to waste your or his time with stuff that is irrelevant because I know you are all very busy trying to get hal 6 up and running.
Thanks and best regards
Kevin

onthecuttingedge2005

Hal Aim bot trouble.
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 03:29:13 pm »
quote:

Very possible.

Jerry.
[/quote]
Thanks Jerry,
We have a few programs that initiate this one is called er1 remote and even have some that have the original source code for connecting via lan or internet.  Do you think Robert would be interested in some of these and do you think he would add this functionality to hal?? If you want to check them out I can send them to you or to Robert, but I do not want to waste your or his time with stuff that is irrelevant because I know you are all very busy trying to get hal 6 up and running.
Thanks and best regards
Kevin
[/quote]

Hi kevinvr.

It would be a pleasure to look at the er1, I haven't got a chance to inspect it myself but it does sound like it has measure, How large is the er1 program for download?

I think Rob is supporting a special plug-in feature that might be compatable with er1 with the new HAL 6 features, I'm sure in time everybodys dreams and wishes will come true in the future in HAL.

Time and money and study are what limiting HAL at this point.

I tend to study the conversational attributes of HAL more than anything but the er1 could be a benifit for building a body for the
main mental functions.

This new HAL 6 has opened up a whole new world of functions and some tighter coding to explore and study.

I am just one of many people who are proving that there's no such thing as science fiction, Anything one can dream can be simulated through creativity and logic.

For everyone in this forum, I would like to turn you on to one of the groups I belong to who study and build flying saucer technology.

We actually do research and build Electrogravitic systems, You can do some research yourself here on Electrogravitic systems we build:
http://jnaudin.free.fr/lifters/main.htm

Our Electrogravitic systems are called Lifters which use very high voltages.

This technology has been around for over 50 years during the time T.T Brown was alive and Tesla and various other scientists, This is just one example when I say there is no such thing as Science Fiction, Maybe I will put Ziggy into one of the future crafts of tomorrow.

Jerry

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Hal Aim bot trouble.
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2005, 03:44:50 pm »
After further research, I found that AOL has disabled support of its TOC 1.0 protocol last Thursday, however it still works with TOC 2.0 which was implemented sometime in 2002, but not publicly documented by AOL. I found some documentation online of the changes made to TOC 2.0 by people who reverse engineered it and have made the changed to Hal. Attached please find a TOC 2.0 compliant version of the AIM Bot. This is a beta version, please use at your own risk. Let me know if you run into any problems.

Download Attachment: HalAimBot2.zip
72.86 KB
Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

Hal Aim bot trouble.
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2005, 09:06:18 pm »
Thanks Rob, The AIM patch worked, Sweet!

Thanks
Jerry.