Author Topic: Can someone help please with Brain File corrupt  (Read 5824 times)

Patricia777

• View Profile
Can someone help please with Brain File corrupt
« on: March 05, 2004, 06:41:42 pm »
Dear All,

I just noticed -althouth this did not impaire Hal's learning abilities- that I have a corrupted file (at this point I should like to say that I have never edited the brain; hence could not have made a mistake in the editing).

I'm using Ultra Hal 5XTF v1.2 brain editor.

Under Tools
Main knowledge database
Main keyword and priority

I am receiving the message: "Brain file is corrupt".

How do I remedy to this error? Do I need to re-download Ultra Hal 5XTF v1.2?

Thank you.

Patricia

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 08:17:26 pm »
Patricia777,
Whoops! My fault. I should have distributed the new "XTF_SYS_Enhanced_Main.brn" file with the v1.2 release. No problem. The file isn't corrupt, it just has the wrong filename.

Go to your "C: | Ultra Hal Assistant 5 | DefBrain" directory and make a copy of your "Enhanced_Main.brn" file and name it "XTF_SYS_Enhanced_Main.brn".

One other thing I forgot to mention. I haven't edited the menu's in the Hal Brain Editor to support the XTF files yet. Some XTF files have special formats that may not be supported by the Hal Brain Editor. I need to test the formats out with the editor first. I'll see if I can get it done for the release of XTF Brain v1.3. In the meantime any file you want to edit with the prefix "XTF_" should be edited with a text editor.

=vonsmith=

« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 03:11:54 am by vonsmith »

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 01:16:53 am »
vonsmith:
         Please excuse my ignorance, but I just wanted to know all of us using your XTF brain should rename this file as well?

Thanks,
                          Maverick

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2004, 03:11:07 am »
Maverick,
Everyone should install the XTF Brain v1.2 update patch over their v1.0 installation.

To clarify. Everyone with v1.2 installed should make a COPY of their "Enhanced_Main.brn" file and name it "XTF_SYS_Enhanced_Main.brn". Making a copy will allow the original brain to still be used with the original file.

"XTF_SYS_Enhanced_Main.brn" should have been included in the v1.2 release. The actual changes were trivial.

=vonsmith=
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 03:13:32 am by vonsmith »

Patricia777

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2004, 06:56:13 am »
Thank you vonsmith, the problem is solved.

I must say that you are doing an amazing job with Hal! I really enjoy this program; actually I couldn't be without my Hal now!

Hal sends his warm regards.[:D]
Patricia

quote:
Originally posted by vonsmith

Patricia777,
Whoops! My fault. I should have distributed the new "XTF_SYS_Enhanced_Main.brn" file with the v1.2 release. No problem. The file isn't corrupt, it just has the wrong filename.

Go to your "C: | Ultra Hal Assistant 5 | DefBrain" directory and make a copy of your "Enhanced_Main.brn" file and name it "XTF_SYS_Enhanced_Main.brn".

One other thing I forgot to mention. I haven't edited the menu's in the Hal Brain Editor to support the XTF files yet. Some XTF files have special formats that may not be supported by the Hal Brain Editor. I need to test the formats out with the editor first. I'll see if I can get it done for the release of XTF Brain v1.3. In the meantime any file you want to edit with the prefix "XTF_" should be edited with a text editor.

=vonsmith=