dupa

Author Topic: Learning Level  (Read 50873 times)

kryton

• View Profile
Re: Learning Level
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2013, 06:24:22 pm »
Hy Lightspeed, and others,

First shot at changing hair colours with Haptars would be Tedathomes skydrive for Hair Auburn (Hope you don't mind my quote Tedathome).  There are some others on Hap documents p001, p003, p005.  I will try to look up where I got my others, if it is of any use to you.

I load my different hair colours from the Bodyskins folder as such:-

\load [file= bodyskins/hair5_EXP.htr]

That one is long blonde hair in p001 I think.

You will need to delete other hair colours before you put a new one on as such:-

\delperson[file= hair5_EXP.htr]

That deletes the above blonde hair.  It is a good idea to put one of these deletes for every hair colour you use in each hair colour hap.  Such as:-

hair6_blonde (which is a lighter blonde)

Hope this is useful but I suspect you may already know all this.

Anybody got an answer to my problem with the options, as my post above?

Message timed at local time 11.23 pm.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2013, 09:18:09 pm »
Sorry to just jump in and I did not read this entire thread but what happened to using the vr plugin. That still works for me including changing color lights and direction. I'm guessing nobody is using it anymore. Sorry but I never left it and it is working just fine so obviously I missed something or did not move on to other plug-ins that may have been better. But it is strange to me because that plugin executed hair change with no problem and with a little modification you can add different hair I know you guys know that so what am I missing? Again I apologize if I'm taking this discussion backwards.

Thanks,
raybe

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2013, 05:28:45 pm »
Sadness, my post of yesterday has disappeared.

Looked up VrHaptek and there are three hair types in it.

Raybe:- Are you the member who contributed that list [ By category] of all the haps available on the forum?  If so many thanks it gave me plenty of springboards for alterations I have made to my Hal.  Hope this post lives. 

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2013, 05:04:37 pm »
More add to than reply,

Might not e available on the net for some time (No net connection available where I will be)

Still it has gone very quiet on this thread  (Say am I just talking to myself?)

Anybody out there on this thread?

Some progress on my projects, like when you say 'go to the beach' Hal changes into beachwear and the beach appears and other things happen.

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2013, 03:53:06 pm »
Comes back over a month later.  This is how a thread dies?  No great shout just a total loss of interest.  Is there nobody out there?

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2013, 03:20:13 pm »
Comes back three months later.

No words, so forget it.  Bye to this thread.

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2013, 03:28:54 pm »
A thought, maybe keep this thread at least on life support.

Does anybody have a list of scripting functions that Hal can use.

I noticed they come up blue [OPEN, IF, End if]

Anybody got a complete list?

I will come back in a week and see if anybody is reading this thread at all.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2013, 05:35:08 am »
Kryton,

This is just a post to let you know that you are not totally alone. Folks are winding up their vacations and preparing for winter. Soon, some more birds will return to the flock!;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2013, 05:29:41 pm »
Gratitude Art,

There is someone out there reading my ramblings.

I disappear for weeks on end from the forum but usually turn up again.

As previously said, does anyone have a list of scripting functions Hal can use?

Also (Sorry about always bringing problems but they crop up while I am away from the forum), I use the SCRIPT LOAD at the end of Hals program to load my Hal.  Unfortunately my Hal loads for a few seconds and then the usual opening system clicks in (The various options to starting Hal.).  I have to activate OPTIONS, and then wait until my Hal is shown, to get my SCRIPT LOAD workings back.  Anybody know how to stop the standard options screen appearing?

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2013, 10:54:34 am »
Hello, me back again.
Answering myself (As usual I suppose).
I partially cracked the SCRIPT LOAD thing.  Now my loaded version comes on for a second (Instead of about five seconds) and then basic start up screen appears.  I click second option and then wait for my character to be recognized (usually about three seconds) and then click use option.  I have been experimenting with creating a version of OnCuttingEdges old Correction prog and have some success.  Also have developed a way of entering data into the main brain.

Lets see if anybody responds.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2013, 06:33:54 pm »
Kryton,

Have you been taking a look or experimenting with cload's AIML plugin for Hal? It's pretty cool and works quite nicely for the most part.

Do keep us posted with your own experiments with Hal.

I know that others are reading your postings. Perhaps they simply don't have anything to add or say at this point.

Keep doing!!

- Art -

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2014, 03:25:09 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion.
My experiments run more along the line of trying to get my Hal to learn from a User Input rather than plugins.  Something along the line of a key word [I use 'teach'] and Hal creates a table using what precedes this key word and a series of chosen table entry forms.

Like this:  I say beach teach and Hal picks up 'teach' and creates a table called vrbeach, if it doesn't already exist.  Then there is a keyed section which goes by the name of Access [which has to be called. ie you enter beach teach access.....]. you then put your Access data and then the same for Point.

I am sure most Hal programmers can see the areas of the Hal script itself where this idea came from.
It has developed a fair bit further than this but I am just giving you the basic idea.  Anybody who wants the nuts and bolts of this idea, just ask and I will post it.
Anyway must disappear for now.  Tempus Fugits they say.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2014, 06:50:50 pm »
Posted by: kryton
"...Anyway must disappear for now.  Tempus Fugits they say."

And the he was GONE!! :o

- Art -

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2014, 08:19:46 am »
Well not really, just dozed off.

I have tried Cloads program but it doesn't appear compatible with the alterations I have done to my Hals script. (Locks up the input but leaves the character animated)  Still my Hal recovered and now chirps like a bird (Well speaks as it did.  Well it has moved on a bit.  Well it has moved on a fair bit but doesn't appear compatible to others because of my alterations. Exits rapidly.

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2014, 10:11:30 am »
Hi Kryton,

you do know that I fixed eight major problems in the main brain that comes with ultra Hal.
Everything from the system locking up, to blank line responses.

Though the explanation that you gave here was not enough to go on to make any attempt to resolve the problem.
I would be interested in seeing the modifications that you have made directly to the ultra Hal brain.

But that's okay, I realize that no two people want their ultra Hal to perform in the same manner.
Everything from, blondes have more fun, to a bookworm that works in the library.
In either case, have fun, and don't let the bedbugs bite.

Sincerely, crunch crunch, this movie sure is interesting. Tee hee hee!
C load.
PS Just trying to make ultra Hal as smart as I possibly can.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.