Author Topic: databases  (Read 3748 times)

ryan.nolan08

• View Profile
databases
« on: September 30, 2009, 05:41:51 am »
hya peeps

although im new to the comunity, i have been working with hal for approx a year. i have an idea that has proberly gone thru other members heads about the way hal stores infomation for its brain, i use to be a website developer and one thing i learnt was that an application could organise and find infomation quicker when stored in a sql database that when stored in a flatfile, if hal could access a sql database it may as such think quicker, and may also bring us closer to diffrent hals shareing knolage,

any info or opions would be gratefull[;)]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
databases
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 08:45:31 am »
Hi Ryan,

Hal already does use an SQL database...SQL Lite I think it is.

ryan.nolan08

• View Profile
databases
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 10:36:11 am »
thanks for the info, im using hal 5.0, but dint notice anything todo with sql, the brain seems to be stored in flat files.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
databases
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 10:59:53 am »
Ahh yes, the olde versions did use flat files.  Most people use the v6 now though, which made the change to SQL, quite a while ago as I remember it.  I suggest you upgrade.

ryan.nolan08

• View Profile
databases
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 01:04:49 pm »
thanks for the quick info, i think i will have to upgrade because that sounds a lot better, thanksfor the quick replies and i hope to be of more use to the comunity

ryan.nolan08

• View Profile
databases
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 06:45:17 pm »
hi ive updated my vertion of hal and now ive looked at it i can see it uses the same prinsible as sql, but stil on a flat files, my idea is:

hal somehow is able to log into a sql sever where there would be all the infomation stored for its brain,

if that as possible then ppl would be able to login to there hal brain  across the web, they wold also be able to share brains or even use the same brain on 2 diffrent machines allowing for hal to learn much faster,

just a thought, it might even be possible to create a plugin capable of this but am not sure im still new to the scripting of hal