dupa

Author Topic: Hal doesn't understand !!  (Read 2268 times)

danel49

• View Profile
Hal doesn't understand !!
« on: March 29, 2003, 02:29:12 pm »
I obviously don't know what I'm doing after years of text to speech and speech to text. I have used free programs that understand voice very well. Hal, on the other hand understands the word "open" and not much more. I have used all suggestions (ALL) and with no improvement.
   I have read in the forum everything and it seems many have the same problems.
   Before I go out and buy the best BEST microphone am I wasting my money? Have any of you in previous posts fixed your problem with Hal understanding what you say ?
    I never tried version 4.0 I sure would like it now.
How about it Admin. can you help???  thanks dan

danel49

• View Profile
Hal doesn't understand !!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2003, 04:35:32 pm »
Hi again,
I just wanted to know if anyone is using a digital USB microphone
and does it work better with Hal.
 I have read everything on this site, and all links about Voice recog.
Also, about the Brain Editor, there is not enough explanation on how to use the different functions. An online manual with examples would probably help many of us.
  I have resorted to using the keyboard before I corrupt Hal too much.
As much as I would rather have voice.
  Hal is a great program and I have discovered the tricks in teaching him. Thanks to all in the forums. All your questions have been a great aid for me.
  Dan

P.S.
In my last post I asked if anyone had tried a usb digital microphone, as I was considering trying one.
Hal as it comes in the paid version 4.5 has Microsofts voice recog engine.
Anyway hal didn't understand 99% of what I was saying. Even after many training sessions. I had to resort to typing again. (hate it)
I read up on the Engines out there and decided to try Dragon Naturally Speaking, as it seemed to have what I was looking for.
I found Version 6 on Kazaa and downloaded it. IT WORKS GREAT !!!
I wish someone would have posted that earlier. I have read all forums and found no mention of it. I thought some of you might benefit from this.
Thanks again for all your posts. And I still would like to see an online manual for the tool section of the Brain editor.
Dan
« Last Edit: April 13, 2003, 07:06:56 pm by danel49 »