Author Topic: Deskmate, Hal 5 and Cyberbuddy  (Read 2963 times)

dobbie

• View Profile
Deskmate, Hal 5 and Cyberbuddy
« on: April 16, 2005, 08:26:12 pm »
I don't know any thing about writing script, but I think I have discovered something excicting, in Hal 5 You can talk to Deskmate, but if you toch them they don't feel it or coment on it. In Cyberbuddy you can't talk to the deskmate, but if you touch them, they react and say different things when you touch them, mostly they don't like it. Bbut I thing i would be great if some one could combine the two programs, to where you could talk to the Deskmate,and they would responed when you touch them. Please help if any one feels the same way a I do.

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
Deskmate, Hal 5 and Cyberbuddy
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 05:43:34 pm »
In Docking Station and the Creatures games--probably the best a-life simulation ever created--the creatures respond in two ways to being touched. There's a "friendly hand" which strokes the creature, and elicits laughter and cries of pleasure, and an "unfriendly hand" which gives them a hard smack on the behind, with resultant ouches and grumbling. If someone were going to make Hal characters touch sensitive, it would be great to carry over the same "stroke or slap" options to Hal.