Author Topic: Error 500-Server not Responding  (Read 4939 times)

johnadang

• View Profile
Error 500-Server not Responding
« on: September 26, 2013, 10:13:03 am »
Hi,

I have been trying to purchase Ultra Hal Assistant since the beginning of September via Paypal. I go through the purchase with your website, then get switched to Paypal and complete the sale. I then get switched back to your server for the completion of the order, but get an error message that your server is not responding and I cannot complete the purchase. If my foggy brain remembers correctly, I emailed you about the problem, but have not heard back from you. I just tried again to no avail. Any hints as to what is going on?

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: Error 500-Server not Responding
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 06:38:37 pm »
Hi,

I have been trying to purchase Ultra Hal Assistant since the beginning of September via Paypal. I go through the purchase with your website, then get switched to Paypal and complete the sale. I then get switched back to your server for the completion of the order, but get an error message that your server is not responding and I cannot complete the purchase. If my foggy brain remembers correctly, I emailed you about the problem, but have not heard back from you. I just tried again to no avail. Any hints as to what is going on?

Hi John.

Just be patient, Rob will contact you as soon as gets time to get on the forum, he's a pretty busy guy.

Oh and welcome to the forum.
Jerry

johnadang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 10:34:07 pm »
OK, Thanks Jerry, much appreciated. :D

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 10:15:36 pm »
Either try again or do the credit card payment option instead of PayPal. It's actually PayPal's server that is not responding to our server within 5 seconds and then our server delivers the timeout message with the 500 error. If you try again , it may work on your second try.

If you do the credit card payment option instead of PayPal it processed securely through our credit card merchant bank Itransact. That doesn't have any of the problems as the PayPal option does.

A little over a month ago we switched to a new server and launched this new web design. I had to install a new PayPal payment script to work with this server and its been a bit finicky as you noticed. I'm trying to work with PayPal and the creator of the shopping cart we use but haven't gotten anywhere yet. I may decide to remove the PayPal option soon if it can't be worked out.
Robert Medeksza

johnadang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 09:37:18 pm »
Thanks Robert,

I'll do the credit card method. I had some things I had to do at home and was unable to use Ultra Hal for a while. I decided to "stop the clock" since I was not using the program by uninstalling it, because I wasn't sure when the problem could be fixed. I'll do a new install.

Thanks again!