dupa

Author Topic: Can't Install Ultra Hal  (Read 2634 times)

mjlaris

• View Profile
Can't Install Ultra Hal
« on: March 08, 2002, 01:25:19 pm »
I have been using Ultra Hal for about a month but the day befor yesterday I had to reinstall Windows 2000 Pro on my system because of an unrelated problem with the operating system.  I performed an upgrade type install that reinstalls the operating system over the top of the existing install and preserves all (in theory) settings and installed components.  However, after the install was complete Ultra Hal would no longer work.  When I restart my computer I get the message that Hal was not shut down correctly and that I need to configure it again.  I enter the configuration screen, fill out everything all with no problems.  However, when I try to start Hal, the program crashes and I get a message that Hal did something illegal and that a log is being generated.  I have tried the repair option and have uninstalled and reinstalled Hal but I still get the same error.  I like Hal and want to use this program but I cannot get it to start now.  Any suggestions?

Mark Laris
mjlaris@retaqs.com

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Can't Install Ultra Hal
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2002, 11:13:00 pm »
Try uninstalling, and then remove the folder C:/Program Files/Zabaware/Ultra Hal Assistant 4

There are always some configuration files left after an uninstall and it might help to remove them before reinstalling.

Robert Medeksza
Robert Medeksza