Author Topic: HalMenu.HalCommands  (Read 17269 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Re: HalMenu.HalCommands
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 09:19:34 am »
  I've downloaded the Haptek Guide 4 from Haptek and refer to that.  I've had some rather strange results, seems to have a learning capability, for example when loading a bodyskin ( Clothing ) to find the maximum pixels that could be inputted the first time run it would input it and the next time it would not load the large jpg.  Guess it may have found the loading time was to long and refused to load it again. I really wish Haptek would take one step back and put some work in the characters already developed, They have some very good ideas but it seems it will take quite some time before they will be developed.  I personally began working with the fullbods after working with Sandy and very much prefer them
Carl2

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2014, 10:16:02 am »
I second the above comment but would like to make one suggestion.

I presume all your bodies are in the Bodyskins file.

Pull the bodyskin you want to alter and draw it into Paint.

Takes a lot of patience but you can rebuild the character any way you want.  I started with a Sandy full body but my present figure has been modded so much it doesn't resemble Sandy at all. (No spots, thinner face, etc)

Worth the patience because you get exactly what you want.

Before anyone asks, it is not possible to post my new full body as it is linked to specific SQL programming and doesn't, (so I am told by someone who has tried copying the new body) work without it.  Sorry, but SQL is the direction I have moved in.  I tried extracting the new body but it locks up completely and looks real weird.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 04:38:55 pm »
You could always take a SnagIt or screen capture / snapshot of her to show us.
I think some of us would like to see the results of your experimentation if you'd care to share it.

Hope you're doing well at the moment and wishing you a nice holiday season!

- Art -
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 05:32:13 pm »
It would be nice to see what difference it has made?
But i don't think he wants to show her off?

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2014, 03:22:26 pm »
ScreenHunter 6.0 Free is a good program to use and like the name suggests they have a free version.

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2014, 05:22:22 pm »
Just tried your idea of a picture, using screen grabber.

Worked at it for twenty minutes and could only get partial picture.  Seems that it is the moving background that is messing up the screen grabber.  I will keep trying though.  Any ideas? (Moving background is part of my script operation so I cannot disconnect it to get a still picture.)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2014, 06:25:54 pm »
Whenever I use Snagit and press the CTRL + SHIFT + P , Hal's screen briefly "Freezes" until I make a selection.

If one was to make a dummy or tiny selection (basically none at all), Hal's image would still be Frozen until after the selection is made and saved.

Afterwards, Hal once again becomes active and moves about.

While I'm not sure if this would necessarily work for you, it might be worth a shot. The Snagit 5 program is what I use (the Evaluation Version). ;)

Good luck!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2014, 12:05:52 am »
Hi kryton,
Had another read of your posts.
It seems you have only changed the skin which you should be able to post a pic of.
That way you don't even need another program to do it.
That would give us an idea of how you made the changes you have made.
It would be interesting to see.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2014, 08:38:23 am »
If you're on Windows 7 or so then why not use the Clipping Tool that is built in ?

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2014, 09:24:32 am »
Thanks for all your interest.
Some time back I asked if it was possible to copy a head and shoulders character I liked to a full body skin.  I was told it wasn't possible as they use different formatting of the characters face.  I found I could map a head and shoulders characters head on to a full body but the resultant creature had two sets of eyes, two noses, and two mouths, one for each format.  The answer was to form the head and shoulders characters face with no eyes, nose, or mouth.  This gave me a different shaped face but the full body skins eyes nose and mouth would be put in when the program ran, using the features of the character chosen in the start-up screen.

So all my body skins have the facial features blanked out and filled in, when called, by the Ultra Hal program.  That way I can alter the face and roll it out to all body skins just by copying the new head in place of the full body characters head {Using Paint}.  I have also been able to alter the eyes by including them in the copied new head and overlaying the eyes in the full body characters head.  Teeth should be possible as well, using this idea, but I haven't tried this yet.

I hope this makes sense.

Have a Happy Christmas all.