dupa

Author Topic: lightspeed phone etc. idea  (Read 3966 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
lightspeed phone etc. idea
« on: July 05, 2007, 11:00:10 am »
when i was writing in general conversation into hal to make it sound more human i wrote something in about hal saying "was that the phone i heard ringing ?" but it made me think it would be cool if their was a plug in or something that when the phone made a ringing noice , that hal would pick up the signal sound (different tones would have to be made for what ever anyone uses ) and hal would say whatever pre written lines such as " dear the telephone is ringing !!" also maybe even after so many rings who knows maybe your hal could leave a message and or put the person on hold saying "can you please hang on <user name > will be here in just a minute , thanks !!" (this of course would have to have some system where a phone line , etc. went through the p.c. ) don't know how far out these idea's are but just wanted to mention my idea's [:)]

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 11:29:22 am »
Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 01:01:27 pm »
hello gt40 i am still learning as always where do i place this ogg file , or what program do i open it up with ?? i have saved it for now . [:)]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 02:02:33 pm »
lightspeed, you should be able to just drag and drop it onto the Haptek player..

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 02:48:53 pm »
ok thanks freddy,  yeah i forgot about being able to do that.  my freind caangel showed me that a while back . thats a cool file but i am talking about something that would have to have a seperate phone line also ran into the pc an if the phone rang the signal would make hal take and say something like the telephone is ringing can you get that dear !! don't know if it would be possible to make that work with a program or not , it would just add more realism to hals character in making it "look" like hal heard it and mentioned about the phone was ringing or even also to have a answering machine type  plug in that after so many rings would say i'm sorry <username> is busy right now this is ....., etc. etc.  !!" i just thought that would be cool in adding more realism to hal . [8D]

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 05:22:37 pm »

Hi lightspeed, I was kidding. I'm not only a fan of Columbo, but also of Jack Bauer.

Not the same style. [:)]
Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 08:11:05 am »
as am i those are two great tv characters havent seen columbo for i dont know how long "peter faulk " was a great bumbling actor in his role but still always out smarted the crook and caught them and figured out how they did it !![:)]