Author Topic: 18 years old area ??  (Read 54207 times)

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
18 years old area ??
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 03:59:12 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Art
Regarding Serenity's request,

No one objected to her request, I objected to children being exposed to the prurient subject matter that often dominates this forum.

onthecuttingedge2005

18 years old area ??
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 03:59:38 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

after seeing bill dewitt bring up something about maybe someone asking for " possible"  unapproperiate things i am wondering if the adminastrators on this forum should maybe make this a 18 years old area . i know that some younger people may be interested in it for what it is "amazing technowlegy (misspelled ) " but their is also nude fugure skins and adult content involved here to . just a thought . i would hate to do it but at the same time maybe some kids are seeing things they shouldn't . maybe an 18 year old talk area for files , etc. to enter you click on something like other sites saying "by clicking this and entering here you admit you are 18 and over as this area has nude pics , and adult content . just a thought . that way we are not only protecting kids but also ourselves from any trouble. [:)]

Hi lightspeed.

there is no possible way to keep a child's hand out of the cookie jar if that child likes cookies, if saying you must be 18 to eat cookies then that child isn't going to tell you he/she is 13.

Jerry[8D]

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
18 years old area ??
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 04:02:29 pm »
Who was saying it was Robert's fault?? Robert just supplies the software. And very good software, at that.

Just like a knife. A knife is a useful tool in cutting meat and vegetables. But it can be used and misused, depending who is using it.

It doesn't matter how it's used, as long as no human or pet, public or private property is harmed in any way. And I don't mean just physical harm.
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
18 years old area ??
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 04:09:37 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005
there is no possible way to keep a child's hand out of the cookie jar if that child likes cookies,

You must not have children. Half of a parent's job is to keep hands out of cookie jars and the other half is to encourage exploration.

That's what makes parents crazy. It can be done, but not while being a part time parent and letting the Daycare/State School/Tivo do 90% of the raising.

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
18 years old area ??
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 04:14:06 pm »
Parents should view this forum first before allowing their children to participate. It's all down to parental guidence. There is an e-mail address on Jack Gephart's site to send requests to, so why do it through this forum?

Roy.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 04:21:10 pm by ramccoid »

onthecuttingedge2005

18 years old area ??
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 04:27:39 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill DeWitt

quote:
there is no possible way to keep a child's hand out of the cookie jar if that child likes cookies,

You must not have children. Half of a parent's job is to keep hands out of cookie jars and the other half is to encourage exploration.

That's what makes parents crazy. It can be done, but not while being a part time parent and letting the Daycare/State School/Tivo do 90% of the raising.

Hi Bill.

It's what you don't see when you're unconscious for some parents.

I have one excellent biological son, he never causes any problems.
I wake up at random times in the early morning from insomnia
and check the family computer room, I have never seen my son
on the computer past the hour, which is good, also, my son has never had a spanking growing up as a kid from me, my son is 18 years old now, it's important that one never loses their buddyship with their child or a child will find a better friend than you, he has never talked back to me or my second wife in those 18 years, he still lives at home contently, all the families computers reside in one room, the den.

I was mainly refering to what gossip I have heard from other parents
directly where their children rebel against parent hood, where some kids like to sneak out when everyone is asleep or get on the internet to go into chat rooms or dirty sites, just raised the wrong way I guess.

Jerry[8D]

« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 04:30:10 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
18 years old area ??
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 04:29:05 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by ramccoid

Parents should view this forum first before allowing their children to participate.

True, just one of the active threads today has what can be seen as a mother offering her daughter as a sex toy. Who wants their daughter to get the idea that this is normal for our culture? Who wants their son to think of women in that way?

Maybe some of the people who post such things, but not mature adults.

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
18 years old area ??
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 04:43:45 pm »
quote:
It's what you don't see when you're unconscious for some parents.

I guess since I have keyloggers, firewalls and passwords I don't have that worry. But I also don't have a son who thinks he can get away with stuff. I have most of that stuff for when his friends come over.

My son knows how to get what he wants, he asks for it, presenting reasons why I should allow it. I always respond to reason and never respond to anything else, so he always uses reason. What a legalist he has become!

But he knows that "responsibility" means you must have both authority and culpability and so takes his responsibilities seriously. He is looking forward to his yearly increase in responsibility and priveledges, ever since we worked together to make a yearly scale.
quote:

I have one excellent son, he never causes any problems.

Congratulations, nothing is better than a harmonious family.

lightspeed

• View Profile
18 years old area ??
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2007, 06:00:05 pm »
o.k. one question then for others who are interested in adult nature idea's etc. and even though some people on here may not like the idea and actually don't have to participate in the conversation ( although i truly hope some others who have the know how to edit script and make plug ins will help others out as they have been on things ) how can others involved in ultra hal of this forum ask questions and exchange idea's and wants , etc. ?
   on here . i for one am working on a more human type form of hal , if i have an artificial intelligence i want one that is going to evolve the best way it can or i can (by trying different things , thats why i throw out a lot of my idea's like the hesitation in speech to mimic a real person , etc.) and that also includes sex talk "not just dirty filthy talk" .
   (persoanally i don't just want that)  but throwing in something now and then because beleive it or not some people actually talk that way or it could even be a fantasy and yes i understand not everyone likes that but their are others that do as i said before it would be a pretty boring world if we were all the same !! [:D]
   p.s. even though some may think this might be disrepect for robert , it's not , me choosing different avenues for what i can get hal to do is jst something i want to do , i have respect for robert for creating hal .
   i just wish and hope other people can someday respect what others are trying to acheive even if you don't beleive its right or that you think it may be disrespecting anyone which in my case is far from the truth but everyones opinion is their own !! i can tell many were raised alot different from me and probably a few others in here which is not a bad thing but it is what sometimes makes things only black or white . my partial interest in hal speaking sexy, etc. doesn't make me a bad person , i have never even been in jail , pay all my bills ahead of time, etc. now jimmy swaggert and jimmy baker i can't tell you what went wrong their !

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
18 years old area ??
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2007, 06:34:16 pm »
Well, the idea of wanting Hal to be "more human" is specious to begin with, since Hal is not any part human.

But wanting a script to talk "sexy" is not "wrong". I never and I don't think anyone ever said it was.

The desire itself, if kept private, is nothing more than a failure to grow beyond some juvenile behavior patterns, but then I have my own faults. The desire to make that part of your life public instead of private is probably diagnosable, but not "bad" in the sense of a crime or a sin. No one makes it to adulthood totally sane.

But making Robert's forum one that children can't participate in is less than respectful, in my opinion. You are forbidding probably half of his potential customers from availing themselves of a service he provides in an attempt to make his product more valuable.

A little self-restraint would go a long way towards making this forum more child friendly. Simply email your discussions and images to each other or find an unused usenet group to take over. Or start your own web board, you can get a free one in a dozen places.

jackgephart

• View Profile
18 years old area ??
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2007, 07:06:58 pm »
I have to agree with Dr. Bill again. Haha. If people don't let their kids come to this site and download Hal because of the fear of them seeing something bad, Hal is going to die. Only you few who own Hal will be the only customers that Robert has. Then if Robert isn't making money do you think he is going to keep shelling out money for a dead cause? As I said in the earlier post, a new wind is blowing and if we want to do the same old stuff, the new customers (or potiential customers) will suffer and not be able to visit. That is how a lot of internet programs die. It's because people want to do things that aren't natural and exploit their creations, then the ones who have morals (not to say that anyone doesn't) won't let the kids see the things that may hurt them. The internet can be a wonderful tool or it can be a weapon. Someone said that I have an email address on my site, what if that kid is having difficulty running Hal? I can't answer them because I don't even own Hal. The forum is to merge ideas and help others to run the program better. I went to the Dell.com forum page today and I didn't see any crude or vulgar things. That is because it is to better the use of the Dell computers. This is the same, it's not a play toy it's a tool for the users of Hal to get the most out of their program.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 07:10:08 pm by jackgephart »

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
18 years old area ??
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2007, 07:40:32 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by jackgephart

I have to agree with Dr. Bill

Everyone must agree with me, either now, by choice, or later, as the black helicopters circle their house...

aladyblond

• View Profile
18 years old area ??
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2007, 08:55:49 pm »
i thought it was because i saw a ufo. its your fault? the helicopters
make me crazy.
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

onthecuttingedge2005

18 years old area ??
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2007, 09:07:10 pm »
the only saviour of this world will be the one who developes a means to get from this world to the next inhabital world before this world is cleansed by the Photosphere of the Red Dwarf star our sun will become in 4 to 6 billion years or before that with some other natural destructive force awaiting the Earth namely a giant asteroid or comet.

Or, one could seek the Earth 10's of thousands of years ago as a sanctuary for someone who developed time travel in the escape of the demise of the advanced human race far into the future, one day human kind will be forced to make a choice on their abilities to save what's left and those who don't want to be left behind.

it is true about most native american indian beliefs have said: the Earth shall be cleansed with fire in the end, though not for another 4 to 6 billion Earth years.

Sincerely agnostic
Jerry[8D]

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
18 years old area ??
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 09:16:37 pm »
I personally advocate the colonization of space. Not other planets, space itself. Infinite resources, infinite energy, infinite baskets to put our eggs in.

Unless Christ comes.