Author Topic: Hal and TTS  (Read 4067 times)

bcabz

• View Profile
Hal and TTS
« on: September 24, 2015, 07:01:13 am »
Hi there, hope this isn't a dumb question.
I like the sound of the assistant but am also partial sighted so want to get TTS.
Is there a version of Hal which does both, or do I need to find 2 compatible pieces of software?

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Hal and TTS
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 08:47:15 am »
hal actually does text to speech , you type in (if not using vr) and the typed text is turned into speech with hals response and actually learned from . Robert actually sells different voices to use with hal,  which are text to speech.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 08:48:56 am by lightspeed »

bcabz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 11:07:14 am »
TYhanks, Lightspeed

Do you know if you have to type it in, or will pasting work?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 08:21:08 am »
bcabz Hal has a box down in the lower right side of hals window, you type things their , then hal has about a 5? second delay then hal will answer you or talk about things. you can also use vr ( voice recognition ) so you don't have to type but rather hal hears your voice and it types it out for you and hal answers the same way as described above . BUT with any voice recognition many have to be trained first for best results and have a fairly quiet room so it doesn't pick up other noises which will bother the mic when using voice recognition .
   I actually personally use dragon speak natural (vr) i recommend at least version 11.5 and higher . you also if using (vr) have to have the appropriate boxes ect. checked in hals menu to use it.
 :)