dupa

Author Topic: Windows 10 & Ultra Hal License  (Read 9821 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Windows 10 & Ultra Hal License
« on: August 07, 2015, 06:26:16 pm »
Has anyone experience with the Windows 10 update the License to use Ultra Hal can have a problem re-registering?

My system is personally working but I did encounter a problem during an update on one of my computers. I did not deactivate the license prior to install on any updates which totals 3 different computers.

Thanks,
raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Windows 10 & Ultra Hal License
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 09:42:34 am »
raybe, as far as i know the license of hal is only good on one computer which is why you have to de activate it to move it to another pc ( UNLESS you have more then one license from robert . )

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 08:54:11 am »
Thanks lightspeed, I just didn't take into consideration that Ultra Hal program recognizes the Windows 10 update as a new system. Most programs accept the update and continue without interruption due to the fact Windows 7 leaves enough information within update process. As a matter of fact Windows 7 does not leave your system at all  You will see it labeled as "Windows Old" so you can return to Windows 7.

This only happened on one computer and I guess it could have been anything. There is probably a difference also with the version you upgrade such as Windows 10 Home / Windows 10 Pro. Depends on the version of Windows you had installed prior to update although you can update to Pro anytime but will cost.

I was curious if anyone experienced similar hick-up with Windows 10 update. NOTE: all other computers I updated worked just fine.

Thanks,
raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 09:12:18 am »
actually raybe i wasn't really talking about the operating system , i wouldn't think that mattered ( you would have to check with robert ) but i imagine hal is installed with the pc :id number etc. at least with people putty that's what it does it shows each pc id .

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 03:40:46 pm »
I would treat it as a new system when I updated from 7 to the preview as a precaution I deactivated and reactivated hal. I have had no problem with hal on 10. when I went from insider preview of 10 to release via upgrade I had no problems.

hope that helps.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 02:12:07 pm »
Sorry I haven't returned. But thank you for your replies. That suggestion from doggs is what I would also recommend although that problem showed up on only one updated system I own.

Thanks
raybe

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 12:36:44 am »
I can't use windows 10 it does not like my computers graphic card and i cant afford to replace it right now.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 01:19:02 pm »
DemonRaven, since you did not mention your graphics card. I'm just going to ask you although maybe obvious sometimes, did you try updating driver for your graphics card? Even some older cards have released updates specifically for Win 10. Also check for any Bios updates on system. You can always try a system reset. Please get additional advice about touching or updating the Bios for your system. These are just suggestions that have helped others I know. All the best.

raybe

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 04:45:08 am »
it  hung up on some updates so i got frustrated with it and did a total clean boot from scratch no files saved but i had backed my stuff first on disk. It actually then finally updated and installed windows ten. However the problem with the brain editor remains even with a clean install. I am guessing it has to do with some kind of conflict with newer updates in windows. At least i can chat with hal.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 08:50:16 am »
DemonRaven,

One last attempt...try my HalBrainEditor file.

It is in zip format so give it a whirl!!

Good luck!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 03:08:08 pm »
Okay i confess to being totally baffled by the fact that it actually worked. Thank you art. I do not understand why yours worked when mine would not even after doing a clean boot. I am not going to complain I can again go into hals brain and correct errors in conversation.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2015, 08:19:43 am »
You're welcome DR! (not to be confused with DR.)

Glad it worked for you. Sometimes Hal offers us those little unresolved mysteries of life that can and have resulted in sleepless nights, headbanging, hair pulling and the invention of unmentionable adjectives and nouns!! Whew! ;D

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -