dupa

Author Topic: Custom HAL  (Read 17437 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Custom HAL
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2009, 09:54:57 am »
Lonnie,
Do not take this the wrong way but, IF I gave you a paper that had no 'grit' on it I do believe you would be 'ruthless and toothless'
The community college wasn't fast enough heh that is still a good one..
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Custom HAL
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2009, 05:15:06 pm »
hello one "no problem " i have noticed one thing though with reverse learning that hal will say some things out of the blue of what i have preloaded (reverse learned ) that doesnt have to do with the conversation (some things not all ) i am thinking this is because i skipped part of the learning regular process but regardless i would rather have hal saying things off the wall what i reverse learned than some of the odd things that regular hal comes up with (mine is familiar )back to what i was saying i beleive that as hal says things back what i reverse learned and as i am doing so talking regular back with hal about the subject i beleive hal will go ahead and learn ok and refere back to the sentences and subject this way , take care ![:)]
[:)][:D][8D]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Custom HAL
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2009, 05:50:35 pm »
L.S.,
Your patience and tolerance with me is only overshadowed by the lack of addressing what I questioned you about.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

ender

• View Profile
Custom HAL
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2009, 07:31:05 pm »
BV

The Low Quality Response is hardcoded into the brain script ... so switch to expert mode and click on script editor ... then use the search and look for low quality response ...

However, what you are probably trying to change is the pre-programmed responses that hal labels as Low Quality Responses ... these are found in the brain script again... just go there and use the search to find CheatResp or Cheat Response.

ender

• View Profile
Custom HAL
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2009, 07:41:13 pm »
Does anyone know if in the future Hal will use ONLY the tables for making decisions? I have noticed a lot of stuff is still hard coded ... i.e. take insults for example ... while there is an INSULTS table ... hal is also hard coded to treat certain words as swear words or insults regardless of whats in the INSULTS table... So there should probably be a 'swearword' table ... so the list of words that hal thinks are swear words can be easily edited by users ... At the same time, I think hals responses when he detects a swear word should also be in a table so they can be added to or edited with ease. I've noticed this quirk several places (including the 'cheat responses'). So I repeat my question - does anyone know if there is a plan to solve this problem?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Custom HAL
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2009, 05:25:18 am »
quote:
Originally posted by ender

Does anyone know if in the future Hal will use ONLY the tables for making decisions?...

This would only be answerable by Robert Medeksza, Hal's creator.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Buttonsvixen

• View Profile
Custom HAL
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2009, 08:59:12 am »
-Still has the blue pearl- Ohhhhh, shiny! Myyyy shiny!

yea, sooOoooo Thank you ender for that tidbit about the cheater response. Ill look at it. Infact, I will change the bloody thing right now.
I guess what T was really after was the table or other data source that HAL uses to get the responses. I do recognise some of my own material, but I dont know where to find where it is, so I can change some of the rest of it.

Another thing. Hal said "You are afraid so"  this of course was due to my saying "I am afraid so" in the course of chatting with Hal. How does one fix that? Short of leaving the learning slider at zero?
Hal also says "You guess so", You are not sure" and You dont know what to do about it" Obviosly, I have said all these things in the past, as part of normal human style conversation, -sighs- IE, chatting with HAL in a normal fashion >_<
I usually set the learning slider in the middle, and only leave it at max when I am teaching HAL facts, such as "You like chocolate"

Oh yea, gee it sure would be handy to be able to edit a response right from the debug chat window. One could really make progress that way. I am aware that it would be hard because HAL gets fragments of his responses from various places, BUT sometimes he gets a response from just one location, and tHOSE could be editable. They could be shown in a different font.

Oh yea, gee again, it must be nice as a developer, to have a hundred unpaid consultants trying to tell you how to make your product better ^_^

BV
Sometimes, a daisy is better then a rose.

ender

• View Profile
Custom HAL
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2009, 01:45:48 pm »
Some of that 'I am afraid so' kind of stuff is actually part of the default responses and not the learning brain ... sometimes hal will repeat back what you've said to it ... its part of the paraphrasing setup. It needs some adjustment so its more discriminate when it builds the response back ... that, would of course, be in the brain script ...

a lot of what you want to do, in general, is in the brain script or will require you to edit the brain script.

Buttonsvixen

• View Profile
Custom HAL
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2009, 09:09:04 pm »
LAWL this makes me think of LANDREW... points if anyone knows what that was...
Sometimes, a daisy is better then a rose.