dupa

Author Topic: No copy paste into tables??  (Read 3498 times)

Buttonsvixen

• View Profile
No copy paste into tables??
« on: February 25, 2009, 08:45:11 pm »
Why dont I seem to be able to paste text fragments into the various tables in hals brain?

I wanted to add this text in front of the many jokes in hals joke files.
" I will Now access central Joke databank for random joke: " And then have the joke.

I figured I would just paste the phrase infront of all the jokes. Nothing doing. it will not let me copy text into the single line. It makes a copy of the original line instead.
What gives with this? One would think that any editor would support copy paste.
BV
Sometimes, a daisy is better then a rose.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 08:49:40 pm »
on occasion i get that same error when I cut and paste from wiki,  more often than not it's a hard return or a tab.  I bypass this by putting the info into a word processing document and cleaning up any commands that might break up my input.   Im not sure if this addresses your issue, but I tried :D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 08:50:25 pm by ricky »
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

Buttonsvixen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 09:09:12 am »
So you actually edit these things with a word processor and then import them into the table, instead of editing the table itself? And then just paste the entire content of the table?
 So I would clear the whole joke table, rewrite it all in what, MS wordpad, and then paste the whole thing back into the joke table?

BV
Sometimes, a daisy is better then a rose.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 11:15:07 am »
Hey BV,  yep, usually most of the trouble maker characters get eliminated just pasting into notepad,  and whatever is left, is obvious because your text will show much clearer where the tabs or hard returns are at.  Thats when I just make all the info into 1 neat block of information by removing any unnecessary commands/remarks.

I never did it into the tables,  I usually feed him through the interface,  -cough- err.. I usually give ultrahal input through the interface lol,  but most likely the same idea applies. this is why Im unsure if it will work for your situation.

so when I am doing heavy inputting,  I'll have my notepad up in the background,  cut from webpage,  paste into notepad, clean until it is one neat block of info,  then paste into hal.  after that I compare last word and first words of the paste in hal to make sure it's ok and hit enter.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 11:18:03 am by ricky »
"i crack iself up" - Virgil