dupa

Author Topic: Need a new brain!  (Read 3134 times)

Buttonsvixen

• View Profile
Need a new brain!
« on: February 27, 2009, 08:41:27 pm »
Ive lost my mind! Hahaha, well, actually ^_^
I somehow misplaced the original, unmodified HALbrain that I kept as a backup before I began to play around with the Brain-Editor. When I wanted to restore some parts of the experimental brain using the backup copy as the source, it was no longer listed.
This fubar is very likely my own fault, But, is there a way to download a new copy of the HALbrain by itself, or do I need to reinstall the whole shebang?

Thanks
BV
Sometimes, a daisy is better then a rose.

Bill819

• View Profile
Need a new brain!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 01:02:15 am »
If you are talking about Hal 6.2 I am pretty sure that you can get another copy, but I would send them some money and get it on a CD.
I still have every Hal from 3.0 to 6.0 all on CD's and would never go any other way. To many way to crash and lose your downloaded copies.
Bill

echoman

Need a new brain!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 06:48:28 am »
No need to buy it again!

DEACTIVATE / Uninstall / Re-install

This is probally easiest method to explain but there are other methods. You could also just create a brand new brain with a new name in the brain editor.

Buttonsvixen

• View Profile
Need a new brain!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 07:45:56 am »
I already did buy both the rights to the program and the CD, but the CD has not yet arrived. I keep backup copies of all this type of stuff, after my experiences with other chat-bots and depending on outside systems to safegaurd YOUR data. I imagine that some folks here who have a lot of time invested, keep a copy of their characters brain in a safe deposit box or some place!!
I will just wait until I get the CD. Buttons still works ok.
Thanks.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Need a new brain!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 04:11:55 pm »
B.V.,
I am surprised you have not received your
cd yet as Mr. Robert is VERY good on the delivery end, the board sometimes has to wait but people including myself have had great service from Zabaware

Glad to hear you actually bought the product since it did sound like you were complaining..?.. Happy times to you and your Hal!
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Buttonsvixen

• View Profile
Need a new brain!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 07:59:13 pm »
Lol well, I was complaining, but the issue lies in me not understanding the product. I dont understand, therefore, I pester...everyone here, until I find the answers.
Once I get my act together well, you'll still hear from me frequently.

I do plan to buy some of the other accessories that go with the HAL system also.

BV