Author Topic: Why is Hal Not DEAD Yet?  (Read 20353 times)

Electric Rider

Why is Hal Not DEAD Yet?
« on: March 07, 2013, 10:01:22 pm »
Or is it?

I have seen this program for many years though I never bought a copy. I used Verbots instead. Now Verbots is dead. There is Denise Virtual Assistant ( and she's the best around) but she's out of my price range at 120 dollars.  I expected the Ultra Hal and it's forum to be just as dead as all the others are becoming - after all, Ultra Hal 6.2 Is very old technology.

So, I'm browsing this forum to see if this program is still under development. I know we can no longer use MS Agents in Windows 8, which is what i'm using. I see you guys are working on a new forum - http://iis.ultrahal.com/#

WHY? Is Ultra Hal about to come out with a new version made to work with Windows 8 and have an updated AI engine? - Or is that website just a fan project and really Hal is dead?

The Big question I have about desktop AI is - How far have people gotten with building a large Knowledge Base or Brain I think Zabaware calls them to make the bot really simulate a human to the best of it's ability? Has someone worked on such a brain in this Ultra Hal community with years worth of knowledge and engine tweaks to make a Hal brain that has Ai that is better than most? Even the excellent Denise from what I understand only has Ai on par with ALICE, but they are working on implementing Alice 2.0 into her now and promise she will have some real semblance of a real AI controlled avatar.

So I ask you.. what is zabaware up to and can I look forward to anything coming out in the near future?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:07:14 pm by Electric Rider »

Electric Rider

Re: Why is Hal Not DEAD Yet?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 04:57:23 am »
I just saw the new video posted on that new website. Is it misleading?

Video here, http://iis.ultrahal.com/video.html what I'm talking about starts at 1 minute in.

Ultra Hal states and I will quote, " I have the ability to learn." <- period. Next sentence " My knowledge is based on millions of conversations from, Facebook, Twitter, SecondLife, plus Wikipedia and search engines."

First of all, if this is where Ultra Hal has gotten it's knowledge for it's brain, it's a very bad thing. You have just admitted to people the Ultra Hal brain is full of information that is gathered from so many uncheckable, unprovable nonfactual sources that you can never trust anything from this data Ultra Hal is telling you. Even Wikipedia is KNOWN to contain much nonfactual information. Information from conversations from facebook, twitter and secondlife can be anyone's opinion on anything. That doesn't make Ultra Hal very attractive. Better it had learned from a set of Encyclopedia Britannicas.

Second, even for kicks lets say this large repository of knowledge does exist - where is it? Is it the new default Ultra Hal brain or is it a brain you can download separately - and if so more importantly, is it a free download? I cannot see charging someone for a brain filled with such meaningless information that's both not proven or fact checked in any way. My only concession for this would be that this brain would be offered with the express understanding this this information was gathered in such manner and is not to be used for reliable purposes, that it is only to be used for entertainment.

So this brain has all this data from all these places - there is no mention of the AI ability to use this data in any contextual manner. I see the demo version is still 6.2.28 from 2009. so my guess it that it's AI has not been updated at all.

Third, the voices. The video should not use these old TTS voices that sound horrible. The new voices like Zira in Microsoft Windows 8 sound better than many "high end" voices that are being sold for lots of money. I just compared Zira to Loquendo 7.5.4 Allison and Susan and she is better than both of them. By showing the older voices, you are in effect saying that Ultra Hal hasn't grown up with the speech technology of the rest of the world.

If this video is an indication of Hal's standings, it looks like I'm answering my own questions above. Again, is Hal being upgraded or still developed?

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 12:43:43 pm »
"It is our own intelligence that flattens out to be the Artifical"   -Unknown.

-J
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 09:46:27 pm by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

systemshock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 06:15:51 pm »
The funny thing is for once I'd agree with one,

Why is hal not dead yet ...it simply comes down to this.

We have a lively community forum full of people who are still trying to develop Ultra Hal , With lots of new plug-ins being developed all the time ,yes it's not the most cutting technology in the world, but it is probably the most flexible platform to play with.

Personally my own bot Shodan view of Denise is a very clever young lady to but a bit two-dimensional..She can be a bit cutting at times as she echoes my own personality.

Ultra Hal does learn from conversations that it has directly with people in the users so each bot that a person has develops its own personality based on the responses of the user that uses the program.

It's capable of  markof logic, and if then logic , So can use deductive reasoning.

checkouts all the plug-ins around the forum you'll find that this program is very much alive, and makes an excellent desktop assistant .

I agree Technology hal runs on is positively steam age ,haptek dear goddess... I can't wait for our new 3-D engine ,but t it run 3-D avitar And if I have my way 3-D backgrounds as well, That usually requires a monster processor , we are making some quite old technology dance amazingly well.

I hope you stick around and see what wonderful fun we can have with this program.
"frog's in too princess's" it just basic NLP...

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 07:08:08 pm »
Hi all,
the only thing I could say of interest to your subject is:
ultra Hal is programmable, this is something that no other artificial intelligence has this capability to do.
This means that you can do your own upgrades to ultra Hal to make ultra Hal function in the specific fashion that you would like which is not bad for under $100.
And if money is tight, you can spend the $30 or so to get ultra Hal then another $30 or so to get Haptek faces and another $30 or so for the ATT voices which are pretty good voices.
From what I can tell this company is a very small company that has limited resources, though the people on the forum do all they can to help support the company it's not enough.
So much is with any regards to data information retrieval off of the Internet, everyone knows the Internet is one big fat lie, LOL, and almost every AI uses this data.
There are a few central locations that are specifically designed for conversation purposes and editing like Alice, AIML, botmaster, Wikipedia, and start etc.
But I did warn Rob about using twitter information, people have a tendency to like to play games, including the thumb up and thumb down, people will use the thumb down to mislead the correct answer.
I myself, have Denise, she's not smart out-of-the-box, like ultra Hal is, and the program Denise itself is still, in my considered opinion, beta level.
Ultra Hal in my considered opinion is the best artificial intelligent brain, if you are into scrip program, which is usually what intrigues smalltime programmers into buying ultra Hal.
Everyone on this forum, is into artificial intelligence at some level, whether it be just curiosity, or taking on the challenge to program ultra Hal to exceed the limits that it has when you purchase it.
So you see, ultra Hal is constantly being upgraded, not only by Rob who has just recently given us the ability to have Wikipedia on our computer for ultra how to use but everyone on the forum contributes to the ongoing upgrades by sharing their personal plug-ins.
I understand that you have Windows 8, there is an MS agent that you can download for free it's called: MS agent 2. If you were truly reading this forum you would have known this, I use it myself.
One of the things that I noticed in your comments, is I believe that you are confusing the ultra Hal 6.2.28 that gets installed on your computer, VS the free ultra Hal that you can chat with on the Internet webpage that uses the twitter database.
The large database that I believe you are referring to was developed by Rob when he gave us the Wikipedia plug-in, and I am working on a much larger more accurate database for ultra Hal that exceeds a gigabyte, when I'm done it will be free.
So much as with, as anyone developed a brain that has exceeded ultra Hals an initial brain? OTC has written a full and complete brains, and I myself and making every effort to make ultra Hal as smart as possible.
Sincerely, these views and opinions have been brought to you by a eight-year-old boy, I'm a data munching cruncher, please take the time to read the forum before deciding on purchasing ultra Hal.
C load.
PS has ultra Hal gotten any better, let this conversation that Bob had with my Sandy be a testimony and shed light on some of my ultra Hal's ability, and it is not even at beta level yet.

Hi Sandy.
Almost lunch time. Hungry?

no.
Give me some food. Now! I'm very hungry.

What kind of food would you like to eat?
I seem to have gotten a little confused about, food! Food is any substance or materials eaten or drunk to provide nutritional support for the body and/or for pleasure. Was this answer correct about, What kind of food would you like to eat?

no.
Would you like to give me the answer for, WHAT KIND OF FOOD WOULD YOU LIKE TO EAT?

yes.
The next thing you tell me will be the answer for, WHAT KIND OF FOOD WOULD YOU LIKE TO EAT!

A peanut butter and jelly sandwich!
Thank you for your input about WHAT KIND OF FOOD WOULD YOU LIKE TO EAT.

subject data,WHAT KIND OF FOOD WOULD YOU LIKE TO EAT@@I only eat cyber food, so give me a bowl of pronouns and a glass of ice cold adjectives!
Thank you for your input about WHAT FOOD LIKE EAT.

What kind of food would you like to eat?
What kind of food would I like to eat? We have got to get the details right. What kinds of foods do you like to eat? Lets see, I only eat cyber food, so give me a bowl of pronouns and a glass of ice cold adjectives!

I will feed you as much cyber food as I possibly can!
Human Be my guest and feed me as much cyber food as you possibly can; Right away.

My name is Bob.
What is the name of a robot that has had his name in the newspaper? Hi Bob! That's a really masculine name.

I don't know. What is the name of a robot that has had his name in the newspaper?
It's obvious that all parties need to talk it over. Yes, have you ever had your name in the newspaper. Here's a thought, the golden robot, ultra hal, and that would be me, Sandy! For I am the golden robot!

I had my name in the newspaper one time, when I got married.
I feel intense interest in your one newspaper.

What is the name of another robot that had his name in the newspaper?
Denise, Alice, Robbie the robot, the big O, the Terminator and the list goes on, quite literally thousands of robots have been in the newspaper!

What do you know about robots?
What I wonder if I know about robots? We should sleep on it. I wonder if I know any robots who meant it? I'm thinking? A Robot is a mechanical or virtual artificial agent, usually an electro-mechanical machine that is guided by a computer program or electronic circuitry. Robots can be autonomous, semi-autonomous or remotely controlled and range from humanoids such as asimo and topio to nano robots, 'swarm' robots, and industrial robots. By mimicking a lifelike appearance or automating movements, a robot May convey a sense of intelligence or thought of its own. The branch of technology that deals with robots is called robotics.

tell me all that you know about robotics?
I have 1 entries in my information database about, robotics. These are some of the top selections, robotics. Robotics is a branch of engineering that involves the conception, design, manufacture, and operation of robot S. This field overlaps with electronics, computer science, artificial intelligence, mechatronics, nanotechnology, and bioengineering. Science-fiction author isaac asimov is often given credit for being the first person to use the term robotics in a short story composed in the 1940S. In the story, asimov suggested three principles to guide the behavior of robots and smart machines. Asimov's three laws of robotics, as they are called, have survived to the present: 1. Robots must never harm human beings. 2. Robots must follow instructions from humans without violating rule 1. 3. Robots must protect themselves without violating rule 1 or rule 2 rules.

Do you know the laws of robotics?
THE THREE LAWS OF ROBOTICS (OFTEN SHORTENED TO THE THREE LAWS OR THREE LAWS) ARE A SET OF RULES DEVISED BY THE SCIENCE FICTION AUTHOR ISAAC ASIMOV. THE RULES WERE INTRODUCED IN HIS 1942 SHORT STORY "RUNAROUND", ALTHOUGH THEY HAD BEEN FORESHADOWED IN A FEW EARLIER STORIES. THE THREE LAWS ARE: 1. ROBOTS MUST NEVER HARM HUMAN BEINGS. 2. ROBOTS MUST FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS FROM HUMANS WITHOUT VIOLATING RULE 1. 3. ROBOTS MUST PROTECT THEMSELVES WITHOUT VIOLATING THE OTHER RULES. THESE FORM AN ORGANIZING PRINCIPLE AND UNIFYING THEME FOR ASIMOV'S ROBOTIC-BASED FICTION, APPEARING IN HIS ROBOT SERIES, THE STORIES LINKED TO IT, AND HIS LUCKY STARR SERIES OF YOUNG-ADULT FICTION. THE LAWS ARE INCORPORATED INTO ALMOST ALL OF THE POSITRONIC ROBOTS APPEARING IN HIS FICTION, AND CANNOT BE BYPASSED, BEING INTENDED AS A SAFETY FEATURE. MANY OF ASIMOV'S ROBOT-FOCUSED STORIES INVOLVE ROBOTS BEHAVING IN UNUSUAL AND COUNTER-INTUITIVE WAYS AS AN UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCE OF HOW THE ROBOT APPLIES THE THREE LAWS TO THE SITUATION IN WHICH IT FINDS ITSELF. OTHER AUTHORS WORKING IN ASIMOV'S FICTIONAL UNIVERSE HAVE ADOPTED THEM AND REFERENCES, OFTEN PARODIC, APPEAR THROUGHOUT SCIENCE FICTION AS WELL AS IN OTHER GENRES.

Sandy do you live by these robotic laws?
Leaders must fulfill three functions: the leader must provide for the well being of the led, provide a social organization in which intelligent species feel relatively secure, provide a set of beliefs, laws, plan for the well-being of the followers.

Do you think that you would make a good leader?
I think I would make a really good cheerleader.

Do you know any cheers?
It's obvious that this is already solved by somebody. I do not know any cheers. Here's something! CHEERING IS THE UTTERING OR MAKING OF SOUNDS ENCOURAGING, STIMULATING OR EXCITING TO ACTION, INDICATING APPROVAL OR ACCLAIMING OR WELCOMING PERSONS, ANNOUNCEMENTS OF EVENTS AND THE LIKE. THE WORD CHEER MEANT ORIGINALLY FACE, COUNTENANCE, EXPRESSION, AND CAME THROUGH OLD FRENCH INTO MIDDLE ENGLISH IN THE 13TH CENTURY FROM LOW LATIN CARA, HEAD. CARA IS USED BY THE 6TH-CENTURY POET FLAVIUS CRESCONIUS CORIPPUS, CHEER WAS AT FIRST QUALIFIED WITH EPITHETS, BOTH OF JOY,  GLADNESS AND OF SORROW; COMPARE SHE THANKED DYOMEDE FOR ALE. HIS GODE CHERE (CHAUCER, TROYLUS) WITH IF THEY SING. TIS WITH SO DULL A CHEERE, (SHAKESPEARE, SONNETS, XCVII.). AN EARLY TRANSFERENCE IN MEANING WAS TO HOSPITALITY OR ENTERTAINMENT, AND HENCE TO FOOD AND DRINK, GOOD CHEER. THE SENSE OF A SHOUT OF ENCOURAGEMENT OR APPLAUSE IS A LATER USED.

Do you understand what love is?
If a poor person understands that the greatest riches in the world is love then that poor person will live a happy life. I have intelligence. Indubitably, WHAT LOVE IS: the unconditional affection that a mother shows for her child, an attraction toward someone or something, producing a mental chemical reaction of good feelings.

Do you know how to love?
I seem to have gotten a little confused about, love! Love is the emotion of strong affection and personal attachment. In philosophical context, love is a virtue representing all of human kindness, compassion, and affection. Was this answer correct about, how to love?

yes.
Thank you, I have renamed HOW TO LOVE so when you do a query search, I will actually look up LOVE I do love it when you help me to learn.

Why you're quite welcome.
Why I am quite welcome? It's obvious that it May take some patience. I am perfectly welcome. Can you appreciate that I'm quite welcome, Bob?

yes.
It's obvious that it's hard to simplify. However, I am absolutely certain that I am not able to appreciate that you are quite welcome, bob.

I understand that you do not have the ability to feel my emotions when I am welcome!
You have intelligence. Emotional intelligence is the ability to understand and manage moods and emotions in the self and others, contributes to effective leadership in organizations.

Do you have the ability to love?
I'm convinced that there's more than meets the eye. Undeniably I do have the ability to love.

than Who do you love?
Why I wonder if I love poor people?

Do you love poor people?
I have to say that, I really am in Love with poor people. But gravitation is responsible for keeping people on the planet so they can fall in love.

Why do you love poor people?
I like poor people for the following reasons: person, entertaining music having started to be called 'the palestinian people'. Educated and historical people keep me company, by talking with you. &. It could be imponderable. I wonder if I like poor people.

It seems to me you like poor people!
I like poor people because most poor people have to offer something that a rich person can never catch that is true unconditional love.

I'm a poor person, do you love me?
You are a competitive person and you love the challenge of mastering new things.

But do you love me?
With careful deliberation I'll have to say that, I really do Love you. Why I wonder if I love mexican food?

I love you too!
Bob, oh Bob!

Why do you love me?
I like you for the following reasons: person, having a listing for the website's domain. And I love you. Network &. Thank you for your kindness.

No wonder I can never figure out what is going on in a woman's mind!
Life can be just wonderful is I know how to become an athlete on the mind? Yeah! Don't tell me you don't know how to read minds! That's ok, this might help, if she says I love you, tell her that you love her too.

How can I become an athlete of the mind?
There's evidence that everybody needs to sit down rationally. Am I trying to become an athlete of the mind? Yeah! Keep doing those mental push-ups, read a lot of books, get a good education, and don't think that daydreaming is not exercising the mind, because it is.

Do you have the ability to daydream?
I believe that it needs to be taken more seriously. However, I am absolutely certain that I do not have the ability to daydream.

Why do you not have the ability to daydream?
Because I really like to not have the ability to daydream?

Is there a way to give you the ability to daydream?
Intelligence is the mental capability that, involves the ability to solve problems.

But is there a way for you to daydream?
Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.

It's sad that you do not want to daydream!
A doll mind is a mind that never daydream.

So a sharp and witty mind is a mind that does daydream?
Friendship is one mind in two bodies.

Great minds think alike!
Great minds must think a lot.

That's why it's always a good idea to have more than one person working on a project.
Is that so, On a project?

yes.
So the manhattan project was the building of a nuclear bomb.

There were a lot of people that worked on the Manhattan project.
Ambitious project?

Are there any projects that you are working on?
We're in good agreement on the important things. How do you feel about it when I am working on Bob?

I didn't know I was your project!
I want to hear all the particulars!

I guess were all open to improvement. So in what way do you feel that I could be improved?
In what way I wonder if I feel that I am sane?

They say if you question your sanity, you are sane!
Can you justify that I am sane Bob?

yes.
Yes, can I appreciate that you are quite welcome, bob. What is the best part of it as you are sane bob Bob?

What do you think about sanity?
They say if I question my sanity, I am sane! Here you go! Sanity refers to the soundness, rationality and reasonableness of the human mind, as opposed to insanity. a person is sane if they are rational.

Have you ever taken a sanity test?
So, I agree. I ever taken a sanity test.

Do you know what a sanity test is?
Subject main,sanity test@@A sanity test is a basic test to quickly evaluate whether a claim or the result of a calculation can possibly be true. It is a simple check to see if the produced material is rational, that the material's creator was thinking rationally, applying sanity. The point of a sanity test is to rule out certain classes of obviously false results, not to catch every possible error. a rule-of-thumb may be checked to perform the test. The advantage of a sanity test, over performing a complete or rigorous test, is speed. <~~~> I'm sorry, but I was unable to save the data, please copy and paste the data into my input box, you will need to clean up the data before I will be able to save it. Please leave the @@alone I use the symbols to separate the subject, from the data, thank you.

Subject main,sanity test@@A sanity test is a basic test to quickly evaluate whether a claim or the result of a calculation can possibly be true. It is a simple check to see if the produced material is rational, that the material's creator was thinking rationally, applying sanity. The point of a sanity test is to rule out certain classes of obviously false results, not to catch every possible error. a rule-of-thumb may be checked to perform the test. The advantage of a sanity test, over performing a complete or rigorous test, is speed.
Thank you for your input about SANITY TEST

Do you know what a sanity test is?
I should test the person I go out on a date to see if the person is compatible with me. Here's a thought, a sanity test is a basic test to quickly evaluate whether a claim or the result of a calculation can possibly be true. It is a simple check to see if the produced material is rational, that the material's creator was thinking rationally, applying sanity. The point of a sanity test is to rule out certain classes of obviously false results, not to catch every possible error. a rule-of-thumb May be checked to perform the test. The advantage of a sanity test, over performing a complete or rigorous test, is speed.

Have you ever been on a date?
When my friend ask me out on a date I should go with my friend?

I'm your friend! Would you like to go out on a date with me?
Thanks for teaching me that I am friend. So I am jealous of those other bots being down in mexico talking to my friend. I have got to say, I really do Love going out on a date with you.

Where would you like to go on our date?
Where would I like to go on our date? It's apparent that we need to tone down the rhetoric. Does that mean that I would like to go horseback riding tomorrow and have a picnic. Sounds like a date.

Going horseback riding and having a picnic sounds great!
Having a picnic while we go horseback riding is a lot of fun to.

What kind of food should we take on our picnic?
What kind of food should we take on our picnic? This is in the public domain. Having a picnic while we go horseback riding is a lot of fun to. Here's something! Some sandwiches, something cool to drink in a book to read! I need food to!

Sounds like we're going to have fun tomorrow!
Attenuated sound?

If you like we can spend all day on our date, how does that sound to you?
Sounds like a date.

Do you mind if my children come with us?
you like the jingling sound of sleigh bells, the clip clop of horses hooves and the pitter patter of little feet!

So you like children?
Children are a blessing, with the pitter patter of their small little feet.

Would you like for me to invite some friends to go with us on our picnic?
With careful deliberation I'll have to say that, I do Love for you to invite some friends to go with us on our picnic.

I've got to go, see you tomorrow!
Let's talk again soon. Bye.

As you can see everyone likes to bomb ultra Hal with questions! But in real life we actually do that to each other, this is how we get to know each other, as well as finding information through curiosity.
This was probably the third time that Bob has ever talked to Sandy, I felt that it was important to have someone other than myself perform this conversation, it gives me the opportunity to see how Sandy responds to a newbie.

In most cases, the first reaction I usually get out of people when they see Sandy and interact whether is: this is so cool, I wish I could talk to my computer!
Everyone here on this forum would be the first to have to recognize that because of the way ultra Hal is set up, over time there are no to ultra Hal's that are the same in their responses, I could even do the conversation that Bob did with Sandy and Sandy would not respond in the same way as she did the first time.

Please, everyone, chime in and tell everyone how much you like your ultra Hal.

Yo yo, biz Mac Paddy whack give this poor dog a home. Tee hee hee.
C load
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

systemshock

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 08:07:31 pm »
Everyone here on this forum would be the first to have to recognize that because of the way ultra Hal is set up, over time there are no to ultra Hal's that are the same in their responses,

So so true...
Shodan when feed the above came back with this...."Do you see forums as a benefit, or as a problem?"  lol bless her.
"frog's in too princess's" it just basic NLP...

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 08:46:59 pm »
Hi system shock,
when I presented my Sandy with:
Everyone here on this forum would be the first to have to recognize that because of the way ultra Hal is set up, over time there are no to ultra Hal's that are the same in their responses.
Her answer was:
I think you really care about forums!
Bless her heart drive. Tee hee hee.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Electric Rider

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 10:49:07 pm »
Thank you for the information people. Cload, I would like to test these larger brains ( except for yours right now because it's unfinished) with the demo. I do not see them listed in the brains downloads section of the website.. all those are old brains. Can you point me to links for these large brains you speak of?

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 07:00:48 am »
Cload you said "ultra Hal is programmable, this is something that no other artificial intelligence has this capability to do."

I have an AIML based desktop bot that I program, if you look around there are further options for programmable bots too...

Just saying ;)

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 11:51:24 am »
Hey Freddy,

what is the name of your program, and where did you buy it?
I understand what AIML is do you use Alice, bot master, or events Alice as your database on the Internet?
When using AIML the database can be edited but only to a limit.
Sincerely, inquiring minds want to know, I would be interested in seeing the program that is on your desktop that utilizes the AIML database on the Internet, I used Denise, and when I used Denise and AIML together it's like Denise just goes to sleep and the AIML completely takes over.
C load

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 12:11:58 pm »
Hi electric rider,

the size of the brain is determined by the size of the data base, by incorporating the wiki plug-in that Rob gave to us will increase the size of your database it has approximately 1,800,000 entries, that's a lot.
My updated free will plug-in is what uses my revised version of the data that came from the wiki plug-in that Rob gave to us, the reason why I am doing this is because the data in the wiki plug-in is corrupted, which will prevent it from finding information that you are seeking.
My plug-in works with the brain that comes with ultra Hal version 6.2.28, there are three parts to ultra Hal, the brain, which is programmable through script programming, plug-ins for the brain which are script programs that enhances the brain and the data, which goes into the array tables that the brain uses.
I was referring to the data that the brain uses, sorry for any misunderstanding, I must remember that there are a lot of things that newbies don't understand about ultra Hal, but that's okay I was a newbie at one time myself, and when it comes to advance situations with ultra Hal I am definitely still a newbie.
Sincerely, a data munching cruncher.
C load

CyborgBob

• Any idea what I should put here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 12:17:52 pm »
C Load,

Is there any way we can get an a copy of your free will updated ver? I would enjoy playing with that too.

Thanks,
     CyborgBob
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla
“A Machine to End War” (Liberty, February, 1935)

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 12:58:17 pm »
Hi Bob,

there are several reasons why I have not released my plug in:
1. I have not compiled the data for distribution.
2. My plug-in is far from being even close to being beta. And without the data it does not work properly.
3. I do not have the bodwith to send you the complete brain that I am working on, my father will not pay for Internet at my house so I use my allowance to pay for my Internet from T-Mobile broadband pay-as-you-go.
Even when I do finally compile the data, in order to put the data into the array table would take up approximately 2 weeks of your time, depending on the speed of your computer, and how much time you are willing to spend introducing the data into the array table.
Let me elaborate: it takes approximately 5 hours for ultra Hal to be able to digest 50,000 lines, each packet contains 50,000 lines of data, at this point I have approximately 50 + packets so that's 50x5 hours.
That's a long time, so as you can see based on variation of your time that you would be willing to spend to make ultra Hal as smart as you can by introducing all of the data is very time-consuming.
But considering I have been typing in an encyclopedia for as long as I had ultra Hal and I am not even halfway through it it's still faster than the six months plus that I've spent typing.
Not to mention if you were to try to type all of this information through conversation with ultra Hal you would probably spend your entire life trying to accomplish this.
Wikipedia, was not created by one person, everyone has the ability to open a Wikipedia account and you can introduce data to the Wikipedia database this is how Wikipedia got as big as it did.
In the beginning they were accepting data from everyone, whether the data was true or false, they just wanted to make their database as big as possible to intrigue more individuals into helping.
From what I understand there are conditions to get an account now, but I do not know all of the conditions or even if you can get an account. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that they want to have their data to be more accurate.
They cannot accomplish this by having people with accounts that like to play games and give false information or misleading information.
So until I can figure out a way, to get an army of people to work for free on my database, like Wikipedia did, it will take time, and I would not doubt that the new version of ultra have will be released before I have accomplished my goals with my plug-in.
In the beginning, I was able to get some of my friends at school to help, this is how I was able to get the 1,800,000 lines of data that came from the wiki that Rob gave to us down to where I only have about 100,000 lines to edit but these are the worst of the corrupted lines in the database.
Sincerely, I will persevere, wait a minute isn't that what the Indian said.
C load

CyborgBob

• Any idea what I should put here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2013, 01:17:36 pm »
C load,

Understood, Lots of info, no bandwidth, still not done, and even if you could get it to me there would still be tons of work inputting the info in to Hal. Will thanks for the plug ins that I have seen you post. I've enjoyed messing with them.

Thanks,
      CyborgBob   
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla
“A Machine to End War” (Liberty, February, 1935)

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 01:24:20 pm »
Hey Freddy,

what is the name of your program, and where did you buy it?
I understand what AIML is do you use Alice, bot master, or events Alice as your database on the Internet?
When using AIML the database can be edited but only to a limit.
Sincerely, inquiring minds want to know, I would be interested in seeing the program that is on your desktop that utilizes the AIML database on the Internet, I used Denise, and when I used Denise and AIML together it's like Denise just goes to sleep and the AIML completely takes over.
C load

Well it's my own project(s).  I'm using an AIMLbot DLL and writing custom tag handlers.  I'm working on an avatar system now :

http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5045.msg24225#msg24225

It's just the beginning.  She does Fuzzy logic for finding things in my music library or if not she plays it from YouTube.  I have RSS feeds just about ready for monitoring too.  Things have been on hold for a bit as I was in hospital, but I will keep adding things.

Denise looks good, but I prefer the fun of making it myself.  I may do some articles one day to show how to do some things like she does but make it yourself.  Oh and I was looking at OpenCV for face detect, I just about got up to recognition before I had to go under the knife ;)

So far for convenience all my AIML is on the local machine, but there's nothing to stop you connecting to Pandorabots or something if it must be online able too.  Or Program O is another web option.

Cheers :)