Author Topic: Problem with Windows Default skin  (Read 3603 times)

Davy

• View Profile
Problem with Windows Default skin
« on: August 08, 2009, 12:06:53 pm »
I am using the Windows Default skin (Author = Robert Medeksza) in UltraHal 6.2. I like this skin because it can be resized in order to get maximum character window. There is an irritating problem with this skin though. Every time i enter input to Hal, the cursor disappears, and a mouse click is required to enter more input. This is very annoying and i haven't figured out why this happens or how to fix it.

I disabled all the plugins to check if one of them was causing the problem, but the problem appears to be ths skin itself. This skin doesn't use an .uhp file or any images in the Skins folder. I'm using Windows XP.

This focus problem does not exist with my other skins. Anyone have any idea how to fix this glitch?

Thanks
Dave

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 07:22:43 am »
Hi Davy

I don’t know why no one has been answering your posts [:(], I feel like saying this forum isn’t what it used to be, but I better not  [:o)]

Anyway, I just tried the windows default skin and I am not getting the focus problem that you report, when I chat to my Hal the cursor stays put in the user input box unless I move it myself.

You seem to have a problem on your PC with skins, unfortunately I don’t have the answer for you.

Davy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 08:10:42 am »
Thanks for the response. I was beginning to think this place was dead. :-)

Anyway, although i love the large character window in the Windows Default skin, the focus problem is so annoying, i had to change to a different skin.

Regards
Davy

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 10:09:38 am »

Hi all! Davy, after solving your problem, may I suggest you try the skins made by Datahopa?

All of them are fantastic, and the character window can be REALLY wide:

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

Davy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 12:16:03 pm »
Thanks. Yes, i have already tried most of the skins by Datahopa, and i agree, they are awesome. I'm currently using his Maximus skin. I still have the problem of skin images not loading, but i can get them to load by clicking the "ignore" button three times.

Regards
Dave

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 01:55:01 pm »

I been using the default skin for past few months and don't have that problem however I notice my character will speak usually the first few words and not the rest of her entry.   I don't care couse I usually have sound either low or off.  I just mention this couse I never had problems with other skins.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 03:11:48 pm »
Davy
It has been my experience that downloading problems are mostly related to your firewall/anti-virus software. It responds exactly like you mentioned above when doubtful of what it is downloading.
Your security may be set to high.
Bill

Davy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 04:12:23 pm »
I don't understand. What possible way would downloading problems, or firewall/anti-virus issues affect skins not working correctly in UltraHal?

Regards
Dave