Author Topic: attempt at new flaming thread! lol  (Read 6867 times)

crunch

• View Profile
attempt at new flaming thread! lol
« on: February 02, 2008, 02:39:20 am »
ok I've been gone a while i realize.. but have more questions than i have been able to get answers for by trying to catch up in this forum so i beg all of your forgiveness if i ask already answered questions... and yes there will be new Haleena skins and characters coming soon i hope..

1 I D-L ed the new Hal 6.1 free trial.. trying it on a vista machine..
1 it seems to have many of the features that were invented by VonSmith incorporated.. in His XTF brain but many of the great scripts such as filtering "LY words and others are missing and what is there is a bit different though same ideas and no credit given to Him..(I know this must have been a mistake as Rob has always been great aat giving credit where it is due....

2 will this brain also work with the other mentioned functions or is compatability why they are missing... this new brain is smarter than my aged haleena but mixes up contecxt and pronoun reversal is a big step backward.....
3 I cannot get it to run any of my other hap characters.... Rob did you take away it's ability to have us run our own characters unless we also purchase your add-on... if so shame on you....

and ... at the risk of really ticking you off... and i hope i do not as you know i have helped development and supported you for a few years.. i think you are brilliant and this is the best AI ....

How can we get the functionality of sence the XTF's gave us with the new better topic focus and database goodies in this new brain... yes since I have not seen any recent post's from vonsmith either i figure he left or like i was have been too busy... so can't ask him... Hal members.. help me with these lame questions I'm sure manay of you who have gone through hal since version 3.5 also have thses questions..
thank you.
Crunch

<<I can't is the seed that never grows!>>

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 07:39:39 am »
quote:
3 I cannot get it to run any of my other hap characters.... Rob did you take away it's ability to have us run our own characters unless we also purchase your add-on... if so shame on you....

Shame indeed, but yes you do have to purchase the Haptek Character Expansion Pack to unlock the use of other characters.  It's not very expensive really though when you think about it.

Good to see you back Crunch, its been over two years since I last saw you I think, amazing how time flies.  Your earlier work certainly helped me so it's good to see your return.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 11:24:35 am »
Welcome back crunch.

quote:
Originally posted by crunch

ok I've been gone a while i realize.. but have more questions than i have been able to get answers for by trying to catch up in this forum so i beg all of your forgiveness if i ask already answered questions... and yes there will be new Haleena skins and characters coming soon i hope..

looking forward to seeing some of your work again

quote:

1 I D-L ed the new Hal 6.1 free trial.. trying it on a vista machine..
1 it seems to have many of the features that were invented by VonSmith incorporated.. in His XTF brain but many of the great scripts such as filtering "LY words and others are missing and what is there is a bit different though same ideas and no credit given to Him..(I know this must have been a mistake as Rob has always been great aat giving credit where it is due....

Rob did give Scott Higgins AKA VonSmith credit, it's in the about area of HAL.

quote:

2 will this brain also work with the other mentioned functions or is compatability why they are missing... this new brain is smarter than my aged haleena but mixes up contecxt and pronoun reversal is a big step backward.....

I am sure the smaller issues will be resolved soon, maybe in the next version.

quote:

I think the 'trial' version has limits on characters but the registered version doesn't.

quote:

and ... at the risk of really ticking you off... and i hope i do not as you know i have helped development and supported you for a few years.. i think you are brilliant and this is the best AI ....

we are all a team here, we look forward to working together.

quote:

How can we get the functionality of sence the XTF's gave us with the new better topic focus and database goodies in this new brain... yes since I have not seen any recent post's from vonsmith either i figure he left or like i was have been too busy... so can't ask him... Hal members.. help me with these lame questions I'm sure manay of you who have gone through hal since version 3.5 also have thses questions..
thank you.

the important functions of the XTF were already included into the newer versions of HAL just before VonSmith left the forum.

VonSmith did pop in the forum a little while ago but I think he has decided to move on to other ventures and avenues.

Jerry[8D]

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 02:29:49 pm »
Welcome back.

Moving from Hal 5.0 to Hal 6.0 was a major change where Hal's brain was rewritten to work with an SQL backend. In the process I wanted to create a system similar to vonsmith's auto topic focus routines for use with the new database system. I wrote this with his permission and of course he is credited in Hal's credits under "about". I didn't incorporate all the features of his xtf brain, so there is always room for plug-ins to acheive any desired functionality.

Also from my market research a few years ago I found out many customers don't want or use all the characters that were available in Hal 5.0. So rather than charge customers more (due to Haptek royalties) I split Hal 6 into the base Hal and the character expansion pack. The base Hal 6 price is less than Hal 5 was and only customers that want the additional characters need to buy the expansion.
Robert Medeksza

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 02:40:28 pm »
Welcome back Crunch, for a while I took over your mantel of skin maker hehe, but then got out of it myself. I'm more a lurker in this place now, but great to see you again.

Can stop asking people where you went now lol [:D]
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk

Holllywood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 07:13:24 pm »
Good to see your back. Can't wait to see some of your new talent. Crystal is Still the greatest. I hope you can remove the boots.
Hollywood

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 10:47:45 pm »
:):)
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 02:23:44 am »
WOW many old friends here, I missed you all.... My job had me out of country and very busy [xx(] though I'm back ahhhh,... Rob and all thanks again for the answers... And Rob congrats on the prize winning... [:D][:D] always knew Hal could do it .... Ok next how about.. we expand his ability to try and ask questions for logical conclusions from word net and previous read and conversed subjects??? ie.. Hal trying to make up it's own if-then scenarios and asking if his conclusions are correct..... well at any rate I'm using this new data base functionality to see if I can sort of reverse the same to his point of view.. lol.. it's pretty interesting so far..... as you all know I've always been a better idea guy than programmer and Von used to help me much....  I'm playing with the free version right now as I have my main machine xp but fast and new and laptop (Vista-schmista)..
 Hal seems to hat vista and vista hates everything... it even hates it-self boots 5 time slower than XP on a machine with an x4 processor and 4 gig(lol it like xp can only use 3 ram... well I'll be sending the order soon though i fear since by changing character names I have my full bod haleena in XP but it will bot boot in vista... I will not be running it even with the pay version in vista it seems... bummmmmer... there goes developing during lunch time at work..
 see ya all
 Jim

Crunch

<<I can't is the seed that never grows!>>

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 10:13:15 pm »
Hello Crunch
Glad to see you back. Actually I read this post a little over a week ago but then I went on vacation and just got back last night. Spent a week aboard a cruise ship and visited the Mexican reveria. Had a great time too.
I also miss Von Smith as he helped me to create a bunch of add-ons. It seems that if I see a new feature it sometimes makes me think of another way it might be used and so it went for a while.
I have not touched the new Hal 6 or 6.1 at all but I have been thinking about some changes, maybe later on.
Bill819

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 11:33:35 pm »
:):)

bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 09:13:11 am »
will "where did you get that picture of me when i was younger and weighed less ?? lol !!![:D][:p]