dupa

Author Topic: Cannot install. "happlayer41139.exe" error  (Read 3349 times)

Josh17

• View Profile
Cannot install. "happlayer41139.exe" error
« on: August 07, 2011, 10:42:13 pm »
Hi, I have windows XP and keep getting this error message. "happlayer41139.exe - Application error. The instruction at "0x7712153d" referenced memory at "0x77c623d8". The memory could not be 'read' ".

Installation runs fine right until this part:

Installing Animated characters
Execute: c/DOCUME~1/ADMIN~1/LOCALS~1/TEMP/happlayer41139.exe / S

Then it just says the error referenced memory happlayer41139.exe message I listed above, then it says click OK to terminate program.

After I hit OK, it just continues to install like nothing happened. Problem is once it finishes installing, the program hardly works. It closes 90% of the time by itself after I say one word to it, or it comes up with error messages. So it's basically useless. I'm guessing because it wasnt able to read that "happlayer41139.exe" file during installation that it's causing it not to work.

I tried unstalling, reinstalling, no luck. Tried turning off firewall/virus protection before installing, no luck either. I also extracted the setup file and put it on the desktop so therefore i could right click on it and go "run as administrator" but I still get the same error message.  Any ideas?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:20:39 pm by Josh17 »

Carl2

• View Profile
Re: Cannot install. "happlayer41139.exe" error
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 09:03:04 am »
Josh17,
  I just checked my computer for Haptek files, I have a download of happlayer 41140, In the foleder for Haptek, player I have happlayer 41139, just tried it and it works fine. I'm using Win 7 with a quad computer.  In the past I was unable to use the happlayer in Vista and had to install XP on a partition to be able to use the happlayer. 
  From reading what you had written it sounds like the happlayer download on the hard drive can not be read, it gets into memory and when it tries to run it has problems, I'd try another download of the happlayer.  My thoughts!! 
Carl2

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 09:59:59 am »

I agree with Carl. 
I wouldn't uninstall the player, I'd just re-install player over the top of it.
Any problems with 1st install should be straightened out.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 08:58:59 pm »
Sounds like the Haptek player installation as launched by the Ultra Hal Assistant installer is failing for some reason. If that's the only part that is failing then I agree with the others, just try installing the Haptek player and Hal may start working. You can get the Haptek player from http://haptek.com/products/player/
Robert Medeksza