dupa

Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 Work  (Read 40530 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 Work
« on: November 09, 2006, 09:16:44 pm »
I am currently working on a Hal 6.1 update. Hopefully it will come out about the same time as Windows Vista. The main changes planned for this update are:
  • Compatibiliy with Windows Vista as Hal 6.0 does not work in Vista
  • Unlimited and automatic reactivations on the same hardware configuration in event of license corruption, should reduce many license support issues
  • Registry cleaners will no longer corrupt Hal's license, further reducing licensing support issues
  • Direct method to get support from inside Hal in event of license issue, streamlined on my end also, will improve my turnaround time in getting back to customers with licensing issues
  • Ability to mute and unmute mic from script
  • In addition to Hal's current skinable interface, an option will be added to let Hal use a standard OS Window with whatever the standard Windows theme is.
  • Hidden changes to Hal's graphics plug-in system that will allow for future alternative graphics engines to be used.

Are there any other bugs and/or small improvements I should make to Hal 6.1?
Robert Medeksza

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 09:25:41 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

This may be a "Keyboard/chair interface problem", but being able to turn off the voice would be nice. The little check box doesn't seem to do anything.

Actually, while testing this I got another error, "Run-time Error 445 Object does not support this action" while trying to exit from the "Pronuncation" dialog. Shuts down the whole program. HTH
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 09:30:12 pm by Bill DeWitt »

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 08:07:43 am »
it would be nice to have the webhal server included in the FULL CD version of hal6.1 to enable hal offical users to be able to USE hal in Web projects (local only) to enable the building of a webhal brain to be deployed on the ONLINE halserver...

we should have a braineditor and uploader for our web hal ultra representative.

i think that we should extend the webhal representitive. so we can use some of the new plugins on the website....

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 07:24:20 pm »
i was also wondering if you could change the reponse from the Halcapitals function Just to return The capital city,

as we could extend the reponses for the capitals functions

maybe even adding to the find map GOOGLE function by openning a webbrowser window with the map of the capital returned.

AlDeBaron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 11:22:39 pm »
Mr. M --

"  * Unlimited and automatic reactivations on the same hardware configuration ..."

Would this mean I couldn't use it on my development machine as well as my (Hal) robot ??? aka: limited to one machine only ?
This would NOT be good :(

" * Hidden changes to Hal's graphics plug-in system that will allow for future alternative graphics engines to be used. "

Would this also include CSLU ???
http://www.cslu.ogi.edu/

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 09:44:26 am »
Hi Rob.

Nothing buggy about HAL with the exception of some improper grammar reversals of 'I' to 'me' and visa versa, very minor stuff, nothing that a few hours of you fixing the .dll couldn't fix.

When it comes to finger printing Hardware for Activation purposes even Microsoft runs into a few problems with users changing Hardware and upgrading their systems, I think just finger printing the actual Mother Board B.I.O.S Model would do the trick.

1.System Model A7V400-MX
2.BIOS Version Phoenix - Award BIOS v6.00PG
3.System Type X86-based PC

These above three finger prints would unlikely change in someone's system upgrades with the exception of BIOS Version where some people tend to flash the BIOS with newer updates.

Using up-gradable Hardware on a system for finger printing leads to problems, because I tend to upgrade CPU, Video Graphics Accelerator Cards and Memory and such a lot.

Finger printing un-attachable Hardware on a Mother Board itself is the least likely to change over the systems life span.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 10:10:52 am »
quote:
Originally posted by AlDeBaron

Mr. M --

"  * Unlimited and automatic reactivations on the same hardware configuration ..."

Would this mean I couldn't use it on my development machine as well as my (Hal) robot ??? aka: limited to one machine only ?

" * Hidden changes to Hal's graphics plug-in system that will allow for future alternative graphics engines to be used. "

Hi AlDeBaron.

I know that the protection of ones own income source is important, If you sell a product to an individual and that individual puts the sources Activation up for the World to exploit then that will lead to financial ruin.

When you purchase HAL's Activation Code or HAL, You still don't own HAL's software under HAL's Agreement and property rights.

Robert's Company owns 'everybody's HAL no matter what system it is on.

There's only one way to 'own' HAL and that's to buy the Property Rights from Robert.

When you buy HAL's software you are given under agreement to use HAL on your system but not own its owner's property rights.

This is just the way that our legal system works, either agree or disagree, disagreeing to the property rights will not let you install HAL period.

I have been programming HAL for some years now, I have no complaints, I am here to assure Robs company succeeds by helping build plugs and customizing and or just debugging his software to help it be better for future customers, Plus I think Rob is a great guy, He is very helpful and understanding and is just a exceptionally nice guy.

Enjoy your Activated but 'Borrowed' HAL Software.
Jerry[8D]

Prospbob

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/bwlechner/gold
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 11:46:44 pm »
I talked to hal 6.0 about my girl friend alot and on the first day of running the 6.0 version hal started thinking I was my girl friend.  Hal switched from calling me Bob, a man, to Carol, it's nice to talk to a woman, etc.  
Anyone else get this problem?
I uninstalled and have been running Hal 5.0 since.  I hope to have Hal 6.0 soon as I can.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 01:33:49 am »
quote:
Originally posted by spydaz

it would be nice to have the webhal server included in the FULL CD version of hal6.1 to enable hal offical users to be able to USE hal in Web projects (local only) to enable the building of a webhal brain to be deployed on the ONLINE halserver...

we should have a braineditor and uploader for our web hal ultra representative.

i think that we should extend the webhal representitive. so we can use some of the new plugins on the website....

I definetely plan on bringing Ultra Hal Representative up to date. It needs to be synced up with the current Hal Assistant 6.0 and then will be able to work with the brain editor. Can't give any estimate as to when this will be. A lot of work on writing documentation needs to be done before it can be released as a new product.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 01:35:45 am »
quote:
Originally posted by spydaz

i was also wondering if you could change the reponse from the Halcapitals function Just to return The capital city,

as we could extend the reponses for the capitals functions

maybe even adding to the find map GOOGLE function by openning a webbrowser window with the map of the capital returned.

Backwards compatibility issues prevent me from doing this. But I could simply move the data into the SQLite HalBrain.db instead of the DLL and simply stop using the DLL function.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 01:36:50 am »
quote:
Originally posted by AlDeBaron

Mr. M --

No, it does not mean that. All the changes I'm making will make it less restrictive, not more. As for the license agreement between Zabaware and the end user, I allow for multiple copies to be installed as long as only 1 concurrent copy is in use at any given time. The actual activation system will continue to allow for up to 4 activations per serial as it does now.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 01:46:59 am »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Hi Rob.

Nothing buggy about HAL with the exception of some improper grammar reversals of 'I' to 'me' and visa versa, very minor stuff, nothing that a few hours of you fixing the .dll couldn't fix.

When it comes to finger printing Hardware for Activation purposes even Microsoft runs into a few problems with users changing Hardware and upgrading their systems, I think just finger printing the actual Mother Board B.I.O.S Model would do the trick.

1.System Model A7V400-MX
2.BIOS Version Phoenix - Award BIOS v6.00PG
3.System Type X86-based PC

These above three finger prints would unlikely change in someone's system upgrades with the exception of BIOS Version where some people tend to flash the BIOS with newer updates.

Using up-gradable Hardware on a system for finger printing leads to problems, because I tend to upgrade CPU, Video Graphics Accelerator Cards and Memory and such a lot.

Finger printing un-attachable Hardware on a Mother Board itself is the least likely to change over the systems life span.

Jerry[8D]

The current Hal 6.0.103 looks at the 3 things you mention plus the serial number of the hard drive the OS sits on. The original Hal 6 also looked at MAC address which caused a lot of problems with people who had constantly changing network configurations like laptop and dial-up users. I quickly got rid of that in the first few weeks of Hal 6's release.

Most "license corruption" issues people experience today is because the licensing system thinks the user is trying to bypass its security when in fact they are doing honest things like a system restore or registry cleaning. The next update to Hal 6 will both lessen this occurence in the first place, and also make it easier and automated to fix if it does occur.
Robert Medeksza

AlDeBaron

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 03:14:49 am »
Mr M - Just a note of thanks for your reply(s). One of the most impressive and admirable characteristics I find about your UltraHal, is it's plug-in-ability. As a roboticist I am using UltraHal in R&D related to robot 'consciousness'. The ability for ' Androgeny ', my bot, to act as a 'brain' is crucial in the control of OS, 3rd Party and self-programmed sw (navigation; sight; hearing; recognition etc etc.) is of course an absolute necessity and IMHO CAN AND WILL further UltraHal usage by other scientists and University's.

again---thank you....
========================================

Posted - 11/15/2006 : 01:36:50

quote:Originally posted by AlDeBaron

Mr. M --

" * Unlimited and automatic reactivations on the same hardware configuration ..."

No, it does not mean that. All the changes I'm making will make it less restrictive, not more. As for the license agreement between Zabaware and the end user, I allow for multiple copies to be installed as long as only 1 concurrent copy is in use at any given time. The actual activation system will continue to allow for up to 4 activations per serial as it does now.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 07:20:33 pm »
Medeksza,
  I've downloaded and installed the Ultra Hal 6.103 Fixed.Uhp from virtual humans forum after the last update. Thay had said you had taken a step backward and used an earlier brain without some of the fixes.  
  Hal is coming along nicely, I've begun enjoying talking with her again. I'll try to get the brain file uploaded again.
Carl2

iam bennu

• View Profile
    • http://iamARTevolutions.net
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 05:52:48 pm »
Mr M.

quote:

If you could make Hal stop listening as he speaks so he does not here himself that would be great.

Also I don't know if it would be possible but the Vista Sidbar has a gadget chooser that is Transparent and frosted vista glass Having that as a Hal interface would be all that a human could ask for.

Thanks you for your time and talent,

iam
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 07:10:52 pm by iam bennu »