Author Topic: Let Hal Learn to its fullest concept!  (Read 65722 times)

prichard

• View Profile
Let Hal Learn to its fullest concept!
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2007, 03:53:54 pm »
Qualified information.

Information must be based on a standard to determine if any related value is lacking in the defining quantum.

With such a standard then all BOTS and hAL too can consort to make contributions as deemed necessary to meet standards. Information can grow according to set standards.

Any set of information will have keywords that link it to other information. Search google for "topic & keyword" etc just to get statisical result compared to another statistic. The value of the associated keyword is revealed by is statistical meaning.

Apply the science to this problem and step forward to address human necessity, the REAL driving force.

-

RD

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2007, 10:33:42 pm »
quote:
My $.02 worth. IF the day ever comes when computers become self aware, we will most likely be in deep trouble because they may figure out that humans are flawed by emotions, and are very slow thinking by comparison.

Something to think about, near a year ago in a small printed article was a wee bit of information about 2 if not 3 self aware computers in the quantum range.

kwpexpert

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2008, 02:51:45 pm »
Vonsmith: "Adding sensors to Hal so that he can smell, touch, taste would be useless unless Hal understood physical effects and interactions between objects or with their environment. From your post I think you would agree on this point."

I think you may find that opposite to be true, if Hal had senses and could touch,smell, taste etc Hal would learn to recognise physical effects and interactions between objects or with their enviroment. As children this is how we and other creatures learn, we see and associate and categorise, when we see two marbles hit each other we see the effect and record the effect.

We don't need to understand physical effects and interactions we experience them through our senses and then remember (or record) them.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 02:55:19 pm by kwpexpert »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2008, 07:37:20 pm »
Music can and has for a long time has played a role not only in memory but emotion as well. now you're talking sence...

Artist:    U2
Album:    18 Singles
Title:    One

There is  that better? one wouldn't want to wear out a middle finger scrolling too much[:D]
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 04:39:57 pm by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2008, 09:01:49 am »
What does that have to do with this topic one ?  I'm growing tired of the lyrics, if I want song lyrics I will go to an appropriate site.

echoman

« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2008, 12:31:11 pm »
Why do you post songs?

Is it supposed be funny? Humour?

I agree with Freddy as I am sure many others do too.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 12:39:31 pm by echoman »

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2008, 09:19:00 am »
Much better One.  Regarding my finger getting tired; you are entirely missing the point that many of your posts simply do not belong here, as a prime example I mean all the lyrics.  So to clarify - no I am not worried about my fingers, but I do get fed up with all your irrelevant postings.

Learn to play with the rest of us, some of us have been here for years and stick to the code, why should you be any different ?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 04:56:38 pm by freddy888 »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2008, 04:34:58 pm »
Well said Freddy888, thanks!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2008, 05:56:04 pm »
oh the "code" I sometimes forget I am not a coder.

Mark, my apologies for bill and others not understanding I am glad your videos have worked out for you as you do get a lot of kudos.

Art I do believe I started out right when I first posted a "snippet" and had to tell you that is why I posted in the brain editor forum.
digression is not only my problem

ONE.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 06:01:41 pm by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

advizerz

« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2008, 06:18:54 pm »
One  well said!

I thought I would add to the misdirection of this topic
Just as the sanctimonious Art has done

I hope you learned a lesson!!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2008, 05:43:42 am »
Sanctimonious? Hardly!

What I do enjoy is helping people when I can. I've been a member here for 7 years having witnessed and learned a lot from the various people who also express a fondness for AI and UltraHal.

I, like many, dislike rude, disruptive people who seem intent on disrupting the flow of this or any forum. If my experience with Hal makes me seem pious to you then perhaps you should change the channel.

Nonsensical postings, rantings, flamings and off topic postings will usually get one some severe warnings if not banned.

Don't worry, I'm not the moderator here...just an active member who enjoys the diversity of our membership and the willingness to assist when and where I am able.

If this bothers you...oh well!

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2008, 08:24:55 am »
do you mean like " i'm not a member but i am a hair client customer ? lol !![:)]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2008, 10:06:22 am »
Hmm, well by 'code' I actually meant 'Netiquette', by which I mean that you should at least try to understand the motivations of existing members and not undermine the functioning of the forum.  People that have been here a long time have made the forum what it is and most people would respect that.

Insulting Art, is just another example of poor behaviour.

A few long-standing members have complained about One's behaviour and it's not just the odd occasion, it has been happening a lot.  So now you have been warned and we have all got it off our chests, maybe we can move on and get back to the reason why we use this forum.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 11:08:21 am by freddy888 »

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2008, 04:51:54 pm »
quote:
maybe we can move on and get back to the reason why we use this forum

Which is? hehe
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk

One