Author Topic: Ogre 3D Graphics Engine  (Read 25632 times)

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Ogre 3D Graphics Engine
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2009, 02:44:25 pm »
Okay so I got it working.  Robert I have a question - is there any way to increase the resolution/level of detail of the texture.  The texture file is quite detailed but the rendering of it is pretty poor on the actual model.  Thanks.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Ogre 3D Graphics Engine
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2009, 04:23:22 pm »
Also - I tried dropping some other Ogre meshes and materials in the Ogre folder but none of them get recognised.  Is Hal only set up to recognise the facial mesh ?  Will it be possible to drop new models in there in the future ?

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
Ogre 3D Graphics Engine
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2009, 06:04:32 pm »
hehe...also waiting patiently :)
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Ogre 3D Graphics Engine
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2009, 01:56:20 am »
quote:
Originally posted by freddy888

Also - I tried dropping some other Ogre meshes and materials in the Ogre folder but none of them get recognised.  Is Hal only set up to recognise the facial mesh ?  Will it be possible to drop new models in there in the future ?

Yes, this will be possible. It will however require setting up an XML definition file telling the Zabaware character engine how to use the models (What animations are available and rules on how to run them, what textures are available, additional animation plug-ins, and other info).
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Ogre 3D Graphics Engine
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2009, 01:59:01 am »
quote:
Originally posted by freddy888

Yes, this will be possible. It will however require setting up an XML definition file telling the Zabaware character engine how to use the models (What animations are available and rules on how to run them, what textures are available, additional animation plug-ins, and other info).
Robert Medeksza

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Ogre 3D Graphics Engine
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2009, 03:21:20 pm »
Thanks Rob - any idea on my other question regarding improving the detail of the textures on the model ?

sofort99

• View Profile
Ogre 3D Graphics Engine
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2009, 07:44:53 pm »
Will this be expendable to Emma, or will there be a way for an Emma plugin?