Author Topic: Voice site  (Read 5304 times)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Voice site
« on: March 20, 2005, 03:03:41 pm »
Found a site that might prove interesting to those considering
a new / different TTS voice.
Check out:

http://www.tmaa.com/tts/companies.htm

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Holllywood

• View Profile
Voice site
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 06:32:52 pm »
Hello Art,
     I got a question that you or someone may be able to help me with. I downloaded the "Heather" voice from Babel. I have no Idea as to how I get the voice into Hal. I'm really new at this as you surely can tell. Can you Help?
Hollywood

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
Voice site
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 02:32:54 am »
hello hollywood,
i had a similar problem with a voice that i bought.
the reply to my post from Mr M was as follows.
p.s. whether it will work with a trial voice who knows.

Although Ultra Hal recognizes the installation of your new voice, the Haptek player doesn't. Be sure to run the Haptek SAPI Config utility located in your start menu under the Haptek player. Simply run it and close it, restart Hal, and the voice will work.
 good luck
neil

GlacierClipper

• View Profile
Voice site
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 01:00:34 am »
You must download the InfoVox License Manager to properly install Heather. It must have a 30 Day Trial Eval License in order to work.
The Heather voice sales for around 246.00 USD.

Helpful hint:  Sometimes the Bable InfoVox does not properly uninstall. It leaves alot of information in the Window XP System Registry. If they are removed from the registry, the TTS for other voices will not work. Thes best way to removes the item from the resisty is by doing a manual deletion. System registry cleaners leave some of problem entries behind.

GlacierClipper

• View Profile
Voice site
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 01:03:32 am »
Correction to my previous post.

Helpful hint: Sometimes the Bable InfoVox does not properly uninstall. It leaves alot of information in the Window XP System Registry. If they "ARE NOT" removed from the registry, the TTS for other voices will not work. The best way to remove the items from the registry is by doing a manual deletion. System registry cleaners leave some of problem entries behind.