Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Release Candidate 1  (Read 19381 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Release Candidate 1
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 06:07:39 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Daireaux

Just installed 6.2 and am having trouble with my Cepstral voices. 6.1 worked normally, but 6.2 creates two SAPI 5 voices (one is Cepstral Dianne SAPI 5 and the other Cepstral Dianne 16khz 4.2.0 SAPI 5). Hal wants to use the Cepstral Dianne 16khz 4.2.0 by default and shuts down completely with the send error to microsoft screen. I also found that the conversion from 6.1 to 6.2 left Hal with several tables empty of his aquired knowledge (miscData, basicResponses, mainBrain,and autoLearningBrain are all empty). Anyone experience anything like this?

Hi Daireaux.

try the 6.1 upgrade brain to 6.2, it should have all those tables intact.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 07:03:10 pm »
hello i was just about to post to that i have upgraded the 6.1 hal into the 6.2 canidate hal and i went into correct (edit) a messed up saying in hal and when i went to the tables autolearning brain , etc. they must be empty they won't open up three of them . so i am not the only one with this problem . but i did install the 6.1 version and migrated it into the 6.2 canidate (i went in using my angela custom brain did it wipe these tables out they were their before in the hal6.1 before going into 6.2 . any suggestions ? should i simply copy the original file angela db and replace the old one now and retry the edit and see if the tables are their ?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 07:08:33 pm »
hi cutting edge just posted the hal spell checker uhp file on general area ( under that name as requested !)[:)]

Daireaux

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 07:14:48 pm »
That is the steps I've taken too...the table folders are there but they are empty. Replacing the database with my functional 6.1 didn;t change anything, and those folders are definately full of things in my 6.1 brain. The only place the folders seem to be intact is in the new 6.2 (not the updated one), or in the 6.1, along with my Cepstral problem that I am currently sitting here working on.
Live long and prosper.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 07:51:51 pm »
Hi Rob.

I discovered that when I try to open a table that I have manually created in the database I receive an error.

Database Error:
Library routine called out of sequence.

also, v6.1 appends correctly, v6.2 & v6.2upgrade does not append nor can it create tables through functions.

Jerry
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 08:40:26 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 07:53:34 pm »
yes i have had the same problem i redid it again double checking i used a copy of my hal angela back up brain and placed it in hal (replacing the angela brain that was in the migrated 6.1 version to the 6.2 version and afterwards it shows the same thing that the auto learning tables cannot be opened or are empty (even though in the 6.1 they were fine so this is a program glitch that is not allowing the custom brain to show correctly (and migrate into the 6.2 version correctly . [B)]

Daireaux

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 08:21:35 pm »
I noticed an archive option this last time I reloaded and checked yes this time, my table folders are back now but my old database does not seem to have made the transition.
Live long and prosper.

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 08:37:55 pm »
Did a reinstall today. Run programs by name is only working with 6.2 and not with 6.1 or 6.2upgraded. Other plugins seem to be working except lightspeeds which are mostly not working but occationaly they do.
Could any of these problems be caused by not uninstalling expantion pak?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 09:00:25 pm by tedathome »
ted

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 09:21:28 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Hi Rob.

I discovered that when I try to open a table that I have manually created in the database I receive an error.

Database Error:

also, v6.1 appends correctly, v6.2 & v6.2upgrade does not append nor can it create tables through functions.

Jerry

Ouch. That error seems to be coming from Hal's SQLite DLL. I can't imagine what I could have done that broke that. The SQLite DLL itself hasn't been changed in 4 years, so it must be something that occurs before the program attempts to run a query.

The behavior I'm getting is the first brain that is loaded (whether it is 6.1, 6.2, or upgraded 6.2) works fine. But when you close that brain and then try to open a 2nd brain then everything stops working. Trying to load the first brain again fails also. Closing the brain editor entirely and restarting it resets something and then it works again. Is this the behavior you're getting also?

Ugh... I'm not looking forward to tracking this bug down.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 10:07:02 pm »
hey anybody have any "raid " lets help robert "KILL this bug !!! whats weird to is my angela brain seems to be working only things is i can't acess the auto learning etc. files at all to do any editing . in the auto learning , basic responses and the main brain files , they look like their open but theirs nothing their .[B)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 10:12:48 pm »
ted my plug ins i made seem to be working i actually placed mine in the 6.2 version after it was upgraded . angela is bugging the crap out of me as i am writing may have to put her on a longer time period . maybe if you have a copy you could add them to the program files again now if you have the 6.2 upgrade in place and see if that replacement files makes them work . and of course only one at a time will work correctly as it is based on the same timer .... dude what a drag ![:D]
 i uninstalled my expansion pack first though before so dont know if that has anything to do with it . i installed it back on the 6.1 then did the 6.2 merger .

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 10:26:50 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Hi Rob.

Database Error:

Jerry

Ouch. That error seems to be coming from Hal's SQLite DLL. I can't imagine what I could have done that broke that. The SQLite DLL itself hasn't been changed in 4 years, so it must be something that occurs before the program attempts to run a query.

The behavior I'm getting is the first brain that is loaded (whether it is 6.1, 6.2, or upgraded 6.2) works fine. But when you close that brain and then try to open a 2nd brain then everything stops working. Trying to load the first brain again fails also. Closing the brain editor entirely and restarting it resets something and then it works again. Is this the behavior you're getting also?

Ugh... I'm not looking forward to tracking this bug down.

Hi Rob.

yes, that would be it.

Jerry

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 10:44:13 pm »
i have tried shuting my hal down and restarting it and it still doesnt do any good the files will not come up for the autobrain , etc. in the brain edit .
also i am getting an error sometimes as i use hal when i type something after a while hal gives this error :
halscript error -2147467259 on line 78 in column 0 . then says its saving it for debugging .
 anyone know whats causing this after it does this it also draws a blank what i wrote dissapears and their is no answer either retyping results in the same error or a blank answer and my question also dissapears until i shut it down and restart it again but later does the same thing . would this have something to do with the missing angela db files ?? anyone know ?[B)]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 10:53:57 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

i have tried shuting my hal down and restarting it and it still doesnt do any good the files will not come up for the autobrain , etc. in the brain edit .
also i am getting an error sometimes as i use hal when i type something after a while hal gives this error :
halscript error -2147467259 on line 78 in column 0 . then says its saving it for debugging .
 anyone know whats causing this after it does this it also draws a blank what i wrote dissapears and their is no answer either retyping results in the same error or a blank answer and my question also dissapears until i shut it down and restart it again but later does the same thing . would this have something to do with the missing angela db files ?? anyone know ?[B)]

Hi lightspeed.

we are having a problem with HAL's database at this time. sorry about the error inconveniences at this time, but until then Rob has his hands full on this one.

I am sure most of the problems will go away once the database issue is fixed.

Jerry[8D]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 11:04:23 pm »
I was going to post some conversation but I feel as if Debugging is the special for the menu tonight... ill kick back and float down the ole stream for a while[;)]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.