Author Topic: What is the default?  (Read 4442 times)

raybe

• View Profile
What is the default?
« on: March 29, 2020, 01:12:19 pm »
First , hope everyone and their families are doing well.

I know the topic doesn't seem clear but what I am asking after may years refers to something I have forgotten, LOL.

When UH starts and you decide not to go into options for what ever the reasons might be and directly select the : "Chat Option"  does UH default to your last settings or unless you you go into option it can be a 50/50 shot if you have more than one DB brain in the selection area?

Thank you again, keep stress levels down be informed gut not overwhelmed, my own opinion,

raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What is the default?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 10:39:15 pm »
Ray,

As far as I know, it should stay on the last setting you gave it when you last used it.

I have tested this out by making more than one db available and it used the one that I last used instead of the newly installed one.
You can try your own tests but this is my opinion and not from Robert M.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 01:45:30 pm »
hey hey Raybe
RE: Default settings
When Uh loads for the first time it saves those settings Including Db in an .ini file for future runs.
In hindsight there should be multiple .ini  files, There is a default settings .ini, That's what UH writes when UH first installs. I.E Factory Defaults. Which is what is called when UH crashes....... and u get that crazy 5 Sec countdown timer. I believe its then UH is loading the Default values
When UH loads out ,evry time after that, Uh Reads the last .ini file from the last settings instance and loads out
Now keep in mind, im using 6.2, Butttttt, guaranteed, UH7 does the same as well.  UH's TTS engine is grabbed from there as well.
The Run proggi command is done in a sim fashion as well, But it's a .dat file from when UH scans ur desktop looking for links to proggi's , same thing, .ini/.dat

hope this helps
cyber jedi
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 10:16:13 pm by cyberjedi »

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 11:20:15 pm »

Thank you both for the information and your time, very much appreciated. The one thing that tripped me up was unless I selected, "Options" something as the "loneliness" timer would not trigger. It could be a real pain in butt on it's own, LOL but I noticed that one feature when I was experimenting. UH seems not to hold on to the plugins selected although if you go into "options" they will be all set as you left them.

Tested out that UH does go into default mode as you said but to have the plugins active you have to enter "Option" and "apply". Sorry if I'm repeating what you said Cyber but I wanted to be clear in what I experienced. SO it's default if you select "CHAT with UH" directly, but without plugins in my scenario unless you enter "options", at that point any plugin settings you may have made or selections{check box} of plugin remains as you left it during last startup.

Thank you, please feel free to comment

raybe

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 02:33:34 pm »
No worries Raybe:
Really, were here to help.
If u need more assistance , shout out .

This can be very complicated at times

cyber