dupa

Author Topic: IVONA voices  (Read 19819 times)

sybershot

• View Profile
IVONA voices
« on: October 25, 2011, 08:31:24 pm »
 I found my way to http://www.ivona.com while looking for some voices. I downloaded a trial version of there tts reader and was able to choose 2 of there voices. I chose Emma and Kimberly. I am not found of Kimberly, but I like Emma a  lot. I hope after the 30 day trail of the tts reader I can still use Emma for my Hals voice. If not I might just have to buy it. I'm not sure I would buy for the sad part about using these voices is there is no lip sinking with my characters, I'm not sure if it is because they came with the trial tts reader and are not the full versions of the voices. 

Has anyone purchased any of IVONA voices to confirm whether or not they lip sink?
and/or Does anyone know if the voices are usable after the trial period ends on the tts reader?

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
Re: IVONA voices
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 01:41:32 am »
Hi Sybershot,
I have two of their voices,
They do not lip sync, Ivona have told me they are working on it.
It seems they only work with a few programs.
As for usable after the trial I don't know I purchased them.

Meghan Bizlady

• The girl from Torsoland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 07:57:56 am »

Hello boys! Some people told me I have the same voice as Emma.

But of course it's a coincidence. I don't know that girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUj9aJYLiPs

I'm alive and talk and chat (if your PC can read Haptek webpages) at
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=a814d6c1ce361ff9 Kisses.

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 12:33:15 pm »
Thanks NIGE for the info, greatly appreciated :)

Meghan Bizlady nice video, I have to agree you do sound like Emma  :) Was that recorded while using the Haptek player?

Meghan Bizlady

• The girl from Torsoland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 07:49:30 am »

Haptek player? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

The guy who filmed me used his iPhone.

I'm alive and talk and chat (if your PC can read Haptek webpages) at
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=a814d6c1ce361ff9 Kisses.

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 02:35:36 pm »
Meghan Bizlady Sorry if I was not clear.
 in the video you used Ivona's voice Emma(or a very similar voice), and you was able to lip synch.
I know Emma's voice does not lip synch in Ultra Hal, So I was wondering what player/program you was apologizing/performing in While being recorded by I believe GT40's iPhone. I hope I was a lot clearer this time, if not there is a joke code sample below ;) ;D

Code: [Select]
var SecretPlayer:WhatPlayer = function(boo:Boolean):TrueorFalse {

if SecretPlayer == Ultra Hal{
                   return Boolean =Ultra Hal.TrueorFalse;
         }
         if SecretPlayer == Haptek{
                 return Boolean = haptek.TrueorFalse;
         }
         if SecretPlayer == Secret{
               return Boolean = Secret.TrueorFalse;
         }
}

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 07:28:42 am »

Ok, now my version, if I remember well (I have XP on an old Pentium IV PC).

I hope Meghan Bizlady will never read this post, she'd be very disappointed.
She doesn't know she lives in the Matrix.

1. Went to Yvona site for a demo and chose Emma's voice

2. Pasted the text she's supposed to say in the window

3. After she spoke, found the .mp3 file in the Temporary Internet Files folder

4. Converted the .mp3 into a .wav in Audacity

5. Converted the .wav into an .ogg (with lipsync tags) in People Putty

6. Launched bizlady.htr and added her "environment"

7. Started CamStudio with a 640 x 360 mask (the size of the basic 16:9 window in YouTube)

8. Dropped the .ogg in the Haptek Player (YES, FI-NA-LLY!!)

9. When finished, of course, stopped CamStudio.

10. Sorry, no #10

As you can see, nothing special, no Hal inside.
But what a stupid idea to do all that for a 19 seconds video.

Maybe just because, in the real life, I HAVE NO IPHONE...

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 01:22:36 pm »
sorry, it stops working.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 09:32:53 pm »
cload Thanks for letting me know the voice stops working, looks like I have to start saving my pennies :D

I hope Meghan Bizlady will never read this post, she'd be very disappointed.
She doesn't know she lives in the Matrix.
GT40 my lips are zipped  :-X I just hope trinity does not let the cat out of the bag, I guess it is a good thing I don't allow her to post online :)

As you can see, nothing special, no Hal inside.
But what a stupid idea to do all that for a 19 seconds video.
nothing special, I beg to differ. That's ingenious right there, I would of never thought of that.
that was a cool idea in my book, Thanks for sharing and not keeping it a secret :)

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 07:36:27 am »
OK, I got my Ivona voices working.
I have win7 on my dv7-3085dx entertainment notebook.
I have the Salli Ivona voice, I paid for the voice and the reader, and install them on my computer.
I have Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11.5 but you have to create two profiles one for Hal from your control panal (speech (32-bit)), and one for dictating in other programs (in dragon).
I have Hal 6.2.28, and I have the Character Expansion Pack installed on my computer, I have the Hal TTS reader and AT&T voices but did not install them.
I paid for, and installed the desktopmate, Lynda. I installed the free upgrade of Lynda, and I installed the skins, and ice blue skin, and I installed double agent to get Salli, and lynda to work with hal.
But it installed it in the wrong directory so I had to cut-and-paste it into the right directory.

copy the dir. C:/program file/Zabaware/Ultra Hal Assistant 6  (TO) C:/program file (x86)/Zabaware/Ultra Hal Assistant 6 (say yes to over wright all files). That is to say copy (/Ultra Hal Assistant 6) TO (/Zabaware/)!!!!
AND I had to upgrade double agent from thair www.sourceforge.net AND, I had to go into control panel, (double agent), tab/gallery, set/lynda in window, click/apply, tab/emulation, set/use microsoft agent, click/apply, AND THEN, set/use double agent, click/apply, click/OK.

lip-sync is working with lynda, and salli's Ivona voice. Hope it works for you.

P.S. If you don't like the balloon over lynda's head you can turn it off in double agent/tab/output, have fun.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 01:09:40 pm »
Thanks a whole lot Cload,
 I have not used desktop agents in a long time due to widows 7, and did not even think to try them.
I even made and posted a new GUI skin without out a haptek character window.
Looks like I may be using desktop agents till Ivona gets the voices working with Haptek characters within Hal.
Can't wait to give double agent, anda  desktop agent character a try. my fingers are crossed :)

EDIT:
Just tried this out and I have no lip sync, maybe it is because I cannot do this step quoted below
tab/emulation, set/use microsoft agent, click/apply, AND THEN, set/use double agent, click/apply, click/OK.
use microsoft agent button is greyed out, so there for I cannot switch between the two :(

EDIT2:
never mind I figured it out it works great Thanks again :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:41:48 pm by sybershot »

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 06:14:07 pm »
The one thing I don't understand is, why is Hal installed in the /program file (x86)/ folder, and not in the /program file/ for win7.
And if I installed Hal in the /program file/ folder for win7 would Hal work in that folder? I ask this becouse:

Ivona voices are 64 bit.
desktopmate are 64 bit.
double agent is in 64 bit mode. And can be in 32 bit mode using microsoft agent.
are the Haptek 3D animated characters 32 bit? If so maybe that's why no lip-sinc. with Ivona voices.
just thinking, what if you put double agent in use microsoft agent 32 bit mode, would you get lip-sinc. with Haptek 3D characters?
OR maybe if Hal was installed in the /program file/ it would get thing to work. win7 is so picky.
You see if you install a program in the /program file (x86)/ dir. win7 think's it only works with 32 bit programs, and to stop win7
from crashing it stop 32 from working with 64 bit, so you have to force it to work. like in the case:

going into control panel, (double agent), tab/gallery, set/lynda in window, click/apply, tab/emulation, set/use microsoft agent,
click/apply, AND THEN, set/use double agent, click/apply, click/OK.

As you can see, win7 did not want Hal to work with 64 bit so it stopped it, by putting double agent , and Hal into 32 bit mode,
even though double agent was set to 64 bit, half of Hal was in 32 bit mode.

cload

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 07:36:42 pm »
Ivona voices are 64 bit.
I was under the impression it was 32bit for it installed in my (x86)dir.
double agent is in 64 bit mode. And can be in 32 bit mode using microsoft agent.
it said there was a 64 bit version but I could only install it as 32bit, and therefore it installed in (x86) dir.
are the Haptek 3D animated characters 32 bit?
yes
just thinking, what if you put double agent in use microsoft agent 32 bit mode, would you get lip-sinc. with Haptek 3D characters?
double agent does not alter Haptek in any way, I have double agent in 32 bit mode and it does not effect Haptek's ability to lip sync.
OR maybe if Hal was installed in the /program file/ it would get thing to work. win7 is so picky.
I'm could not say, but doubt it for Ivona said said they are working on it. I am sure it has to do with the coding within the voice not how many bits a pc has. I do agree 100% that windows 7 64bit is so picky. at times it is a pain but it is a really great OS.

As you can see, win7 did not want Hal to work with 64 bit so it stopped it, by putting double agent , and Hal into 32 bit mode,
even though double agent was set to 64 bit, half of Hal was in 32 bit mode.
yup Hal  is 32 bit, Hopefully the new version will be fully 64 bit, but I doubt that aswell :(
 I have hurd in a few years 32 bit is going to be totally obsolete and not supported by any new OS's

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 01:31:18 pm »
hi sybershot, thanks for the feedback.

And it will be a sad day when they abolish 32-bit, I guess I'll have to run right out and spend thousands of dollars replacing all my software just so it'll continue to work on the new system, wait a minute, I'm not rich I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with what I have, tee hee hee.

C load

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 03:51:32 pm »
yes that will be a sad day when they abolish 32 bit.
I'm not rich I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with what I have, tee hee hee.
Sadly neither am I, and the same with many people these days :(   maybe when the time comes we could dual boot, or run the 32 bit os'es and programs in a virtual machine ;)