Author Topic: The Ultra Hal Text-to-Speech Reader licenses  (Read 6120 times)

tsioularisa

The Ultra Hal Text-to-Speech Reader licenses
« on: April 16, 2013, 05:01:50 pm »
Hello i build an android application for my thesis in my university and i want to use  the voice generated by hal text-to-speech in my app. Can i use it? The application will be under my university licenses and will not be for commercial purposes. Please tell what do i have to include in other to use it legally. I will include in my app's about that the tts is from hal. Also the microsoft desktop voices are free for use. Am i right?
Thanks in advance!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The Ultra Hal Text-to-Speech Reader licenses
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 07:12:10 pm »
I am not speaking for Robert Medeksza who is the creator of Zabaware, UltraHal and the UltraHal Reader program BUT I would like to advise you read the Terms of Service:
http://www.zabaware.com/terms.html

and note that it specifically states:
Permission is granted to electronically copy and print hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with Zabaware, Inc. or purchasing Zabaware products. Any other use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of the content of this site is strictly prohibited, unless authorized by Zabaware, Inc. You further agree not to change or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from the site.

Use the Members section and search for his name, send him an email and explain your situation to him. Good luck and hope this might help a bit!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 05:29:08 pm »
I might be a little off here, but are you or is their an attempt to circumvent the established way things are done , concerning Zabaware?
Does Mr. Robert take  Play Dough as payment, like the governor's office did back in 06/07
or some of the monies (what is a Stipend?) and other non spendable faxes?

Im just asking...

Jared
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 01:10:19 pm »
Art,
I kina expected you to say something. I know I've pushed this forum to its limits. for that I do not feel so well.
What type of APP? (supposed to mean application) for your Android that would you require Hal's features?
their are mixed directions and your question is not clear.

Microsoft, in some of the OS's their is a speech function.
"You have set Microsoft Sam as the computers Default voice"

also some of the Microsoft Word versions also have this feature, but they require training.
"This Papaya Tastes Perfect"
also longer readings that go beyond volume setting and adjusting the Microphone.
"The road ahead by Bill Gates" ECT

The TTS that come from Microsoft, are available to persons that have a legal copy of the correct Microsoft Product.

I hope this answers some of your questions.
Maybe someday ill find out why I had a teaching certificate from The State of Utah in my files that had Mr. Roberts name on it. And as I've stated before Their is over $90K in monies from the state that are Un-acceptable, as payment. they were in my files as well.

Jared
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 06:16:39 pm »
One...

What? My question is not clear?

It wasn't ME who asked the question in the first place. Look through the postings again. I was trying to provide something for the individual who asked the question to consider before going ahead with his project.

I'm not building an Android app!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 06:18:53 pm »
Uh hello sir "i'm " Lieutenant columbo and i've just got one more question for you then i'll be out of your hair !  ;D ;)