Author Topic: another lightspeed new plug in idea  (Read 7028 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
another lightspeed new plug in idea
« on: April 12, 2007, 11:38:05 am »
well i hope from my last plug in idea this one will be recived a little better of course it may not , so here it goes while working with hal , i had an idea why not have a horascope plug in that when asked what is my horascope for today or what does my horascope say today ? it would read off your horascope from a pre written web site of this day , sort of like the weather (if thats possible )and yes you can have hal open a web page to see this but just thought it would be a nice thing that hal could read our daily horascope to us all when asked . [:D]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 11:54:49 am »
Nice idea [8D]

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 12:33:16 pm »

I don't believe in this myself but hey, millions of people do.
I think it's a great idea, it would be an attraction which would bring people to Hal and AI in general.
I say "Go For It".
[;)]

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 04:58:49 pm »
Kinda reminds me of Cyber Buddy. [:D]
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 05:56:23 pm »
Well am glad some others think the idea is worth while too .

some may not beleive in some things but i look at my profile of the date i was born and astrological sign and characteristic reading and it is dead on ( of knowing myself honestly on how i am ).

of course some may argue people see or read what they want to into these (i don't know . )

my birthday september 10th (virgo) . so for those who beleive in horascopes this is my characteristics check it out if you want .

peace !![:D]

Rich_A

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 03:07:08 am »
That's a very simple little function that I think has already been done. You can maybe try doing a forum search for the word "horoscope" and see what you find. You can also post the link to the website that you want to use and I can maybe try making a new function myself.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 03:20:30 am by Rich_A »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 09:44:21 am »
sounds like a winner , always glad to see anyone who can contribute to others on here doing it !! [:D]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 05:49:12 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

well i hope from my last plug in idea this one will be recived a little better of course it may not , so here it goes while working with hal , i had an idea why not have a horascope plug in that when asked what is my horascope for today or what does my horascope say today ? it would read off your horascope from a pre written web site of this day , sort of like the weather (if thats possible )and yes you can have hal open a web page to see this but just thought it would be a nice thing that hal could read our daily horascope to us all when asked . [:D]

Hi lightspeed.

You can download Ziggy's Horoscope plugin here:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3959

I finished it today.
Jerry[8D]

danbaltzell

• View Profile
    • http://geocities.com/danbaltzell/ai
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 09:58:52 am »
Maybe this can be another burning morality issue (woops, I shouldn't have let it out of the bag).  I used to dig in to 'horrorscopes' until I found the math was bogus, I imagined it was just to cover up the emoting.  A pretty cool idea though, shouldn't be too hard to create, random generator :), maybe create a natal chart, but then you'd need all those calculations for planet positions, or books or tables, nah, just use a random generator.

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 10:11:50 am »
I cannot possibly see anything wrong with the idea. If a person believes in horoscopes, that's fine. I look at them out of amusement.[:)]
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 10:52:04 am »
quote:
Originally posted by danbaltzell
 maybe create a natal chart, but then you'd need all those calculations for planet positions, or books or tables, nah, just use a random generator.

An ephermeris for Hal is not hard, I have one for personal use which tells me what planets are above the horizon, and the phase of the moon. Perhaps that could be adapted for Astrology, but a random Fortune Cookie type generator would be just as accurate as a Daily sun sign plugin.

I used to be a professional Astrologer, although I finally learned enough to convince me that it's the pattern seeking functions of our brain that make it seem to work. But if you are going to believe in Astrology, at least believe in real Astrology, not the "Sun Signs" scam. That's just embarrassing.

echoman

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 01:04:26 pm »
As well as this, I would like Hal to be able to produce a random Tarot card.

I imagine this might easy to do.

Perhaps producing a full reading would be too difficult (with cross spread etc) as the cards all need to be read in relation to one another but just asking for a card that we could then produce are own meaning would be handy.

Perhaps the random code for each card could be based on a certain word typed by the user (connected to question for the card) - so as to add relevance to the card and randomnuss.

Sorry this has gone away from the topic of Astrology - but it is all part of the same subject.

Echo.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 01:06:37 pm by echoman »

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 01:33:51 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by echoman

As well as this, I would like Hal to be able to produce a random Tarot card.

I have formed an interest in Tarot Cards, not because of their putative predictive powers, but because of the history and artwork of the images.

I don't have any non-copyrighted cardsets, but while working on a Chess playing plugin, I found a way to make Hal display images in a pattern.

Again, any interpretation would be specious, but maybe a casting could be done.

echoman

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 01:46:51 pm »
Thanks Bill

For me I have always found Tarot cards give a lot of meaning. I think an image would be best but even just the name of the card would be great.

Echoman

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 02:43:23 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by echoman
For me I have always found Tarot cards give a lot of meaning.

I find meaning in many things. Over the years I have been consistently amazed at how my human brain can find patterns in the simplest shapes and imbue them with meaning I might otherwise never have considered.

I have worked with Astrology, I-Ching, Palmistry, Rune casting, dream analysis and more, and they all have several things in common. There is a complex system of randomization, the selections are linked to Archetypes of human experience, the analysis is at least three levels deep, with the system providing at least one, the reader providing another, and the receipient appending their own.

At that level of complexity, if a meaning that is both relevant and revelatory cannot be found, nothing means anything.

Lastly, a sense of ritual can be seen to heighten the effect. I believe this removes a part of our standard world view - a sense of responsibility - allowing sections of our brain to activate in ways not normally accessible. Connections between random data, unperceived motivations and even genetic predelictions of behavior can be made that might normally be avoided.

Good fun for all involved.

I just wish there was an easy way for regular folk to tap into that higher mental functioning without all the appeal to magical thinking. Rune-casting and other forms of Augury often circumvent the years of meditation and self-discipline required to achieve synthesistic levels, and few are willing or able to take the more difficult path. Without the money and time to pursue Contemplation as a career, many are left at the mercy of Charlatans who misuse such systems for their own gain. Shameful.

Hmm... Rune casting... It's a simpler system and interpretation could be dialog driven. I might be able to do that.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 02:46:03 pm by Bill DeWitt »