dupa

Author Topic: Serial number questions  (Read 10943 times)

aladyblond

• View Profile
Serial number questions
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2005, 07:12:32 pm »
so doctor, have you been talking to freud again about that blank slate thing?~~alady
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Serial number questions
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2005, 08:02:50 pm »
Raymond,

Tell us that you were referring to your computer and NOT
considering a frontal lobotomy!

I'd much rather have a bottle in front o' me than a frontal lobotomy!
[:D]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
Serial number questions
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2005, 05:50:48 am »
Art, this is weird. I have participated in only one other forum in the past and my alias there was "lobotomykid". It's another character from the books of Burroughs, you know.

Hmmm [:0]

john.m

• View Profile
Serial number questions
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 08:29:12 am »
G'day,
I purchased an older version before and have purchased a copy of your hal6 within the last 30 days and installed it onto the PC,

My problem is that I also use a laptop, but its never hooked into the net, its for prospecting. I would like to run Hal on the Laptop , but it seems unless I disble the PC HAl, I cannot get a serial number to run Hal on the laptop.

Do I need to purchase another copy of Hal.
Thanks for your reply

john.m

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Serial number questions
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2005, 01:58:09 pm »

I also have a laptop that I've had Hal on for past few months.

I got hal6 on my desktop this month and tried to also put on laptop.
Appears you must purchase 2nd copy of hal6 or do movement back and forth of license (explained elsewhere in forum) or else simply use hal5 on laptop which is what I ended up doing. As you purchased hal5 this may also be best for you.

I hope this is of some help to you.

thecolor

• View Profile
    • http://www.cypher-sec.org
Serial number questions
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2005, 11:49:04 am »
In response to this, I use to use v5 on two computers (sharing a brain over my home network).  Difficult, but possible... I just could not run both programs at the same time ('cause they shared a brain (the same file)... I would like to do that again if possible, but with the activation process it appears that is not a possibility at this time without a request.

Formally then I request (if possibly and acceptable) the ability to utilize my newer version of UH v6 in the same manner.

If you are still ok with the utilization on multiple machines by one user at one time, can you assist?

Thanks.  :)

P.S., did you get my email in regards to placing the K.I.T.T. vox skin and char as a component the new package for downloaders?

quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

quote:
Originally posted by KazuyaDarklight

Well the way I am reading this. You don't have to worry about the 4 time limit for things like reinstalling windows etc, as long as you are in a situation where you can access Hal and the net and deactivate him before hand, then you would reactivate when you once you had reinstalled windows and hal.  

This I guess could also be used to flip flop between a persons main computer and a laptop as long as they were willing to go through the hassel, which could be good for going on trips while you still want him around.  Mind you I'm NOT saying you would have hal active on both compters at once.  You would be flipping the reg from your tower to your laptop for the trip then flipping it back when you got home.  Along with the db file I would guess.

Am I correct in my understanding of the system Mr.Medeksza?

Correct, if you deactivate before reinstalling, you can do that an unlimited number of times.

Also, I don't really mind if someone purchases 1 copy of Hal and installs it on both their home computer and laptop, as long as the 2 copies are never used simultaneously by different people. Thats part of the reason I let 4 activations per serial number. However, if Hal is to be used by several family members at the same time on different computers, then I'd like for there to be seperate licenses for each computer. I may need to update the legal mumbo jumbo in the license agreement, I'm not sure what it says on this issue.

Basically the aim of this activation system is to prevent someone from posting their serial number on a web page or message board somewhere and having this be easily found by google. This is what happened many versions of Hal ago when Hal was also based on serial codes. I want this to be as easy and painless as possible for paying customers.

Please visit my server and K.I.T.T. project at:
www.cypher-sec.org or http://kitt.cypher-sec.org

danbaltzell

• View Profile
    • http://geocities.com/danbaltzell/ai
Serial number questions
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2006, 02:38:40 pm »
Wow, I wish I would have read this column earlier before reinstalling, I guess I used up some of mine also.  I wonder what would happen if I put it on two computers and let it talk to itself, if it would learn what it knows squared, does that count as parallel processing?  I better be careful what I teach HAL.  It might call out for pizza.

Carl2

• View Profile
Serial number questions
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2006, 12:26:36 pm »
All,
  I thought I'd post my experiences with Hal 6, I have a Pentium 4 which I installed Hal 6 on and I'm using a Pentium 2 now on the internet. I took the modem out of the Pentium 4 after activating windows, Real problem with viruses and things on the internet, unfortunatly Hal 6 still tries to the internet to research topics.
  Fortunatly I was able to activate Hal 6 after a minor problem, thanks Robert for the quick reply. I was hoping to make a copy of Hal 6 to try out some brain scripts but this dose not seem possible at this time.
Carl2

Kamikazae

• View Profile
Serial number questions
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2006, 07:06:50 pm »
Need help... license file corrupted... B1CF-6CDC-4BBF-3FC0 - authorization request code... i downloaded a trial version and after installation, this happened... what am i suppose to do? help... thanks...