Author Topic: New Plugins for Hal6 !  (Read 29442 times)

vrossi

• View Profile
    • http://vrconsulting.it
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2006, 05:53:22 pm »
Important notice:

Starting from the release Hal 6.0.103 (May 2006), Zabaware included directly the vrFreeWill plugin in the standard Hal installation. So, if you are using this release (or a higher one) you do not need to download and install it, but only to activate it.

vrossi

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2007, 11:16:42 am »
I've released a new version of the vrFreeWill plugin, containing some minor changes (special thanks to Carl2, who gave me some useful information).

You find it, as usual, at http://www.vrconsulting.it/halplugins/vr_hal00.html

You simply have to download the new version and install the 2 files in your Hal folder: no changes to the database.

axyse

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2007, 05:03:36 am »
I am trying to use vrhaptek with hal 6.1. It is working fine but in the help file
http://www.vrconsulting.it/halhelp/vrHaptekHelp.html
it says:

How to configure it
This plugin automatically creates the table vrEmotionDetect in the miscData folder of the Hal brain where you run it. This table contains some default words, used to trigger Hal behaviours. You can customize them, changing some values, and/or adding or deleting some of them. To do this:

1. Launch Hal Brain Editor.
   2. Open the brain you want to customize.

3. Open the miscData folder on the left.
   4. Double Click on the vrEmotionDetect table.

5. Add, Delete or Modify the lines according to your preferences. In doing this, remember that the word in the left column is the triggering one (i.e. if Hal says something containing that word), while the word in the right column must correspond to the name of a .HAP file, located in the Characters folder.
   6. Close and save your brain.
   7. Restart your Hal.

The problem I am having is #3 & #4. I cant seem to find a miscData or
vrEmotionDetect table in the brain I am using. Maybe this is because I am using 6.1? Any help is appreciated... and thanks!

Carl2

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2007, 03:43:08 pm »
axyse,
  Ran into the same problem ages ago, when the brain editor opens go to file and click on Go To Expert Mode. That should display the miscData files. This is one of my favorite plugins and it gives you the capabilities to perform hap files from Hal's inputs.
Carl2

axyse

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2007, 04:36:14 am »
Thanks for the reply, it did help... I foind the miscdata folder but there was no vrEmotionDetect table there. I am using 6.1... don't know if that will make a difference or not.

Thanks

Carl2

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2007, 03:06:46 pm »
Holllywood
  I'd just updated to the newer ver of Hal and just put in the VrHaptek plugin.  Mine is located in MiscData at the bottom, vrEmotionDetect.   I get the standard fullbody girl that is then replaced by the modified girl, do you have a similar startup?
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2007, 07:33:57 pm »
Hi vrossi,

I posted in a different thread to Robert about Hal loading twice and didn't know why. With a clean install and the new Hal I recently found that it was the vrHaptek that was loading on top of the first character when the program opens. I also realize I am using a torso haptek character not a full body character. I noticed that the 2nd character is the character that the emotion detect is operating and it changes the look of the skin slightly. The 2 characters layer on top of each other and if you attempt to select one over the other they will loop. Most important is that this seems to only happen when the characters startup and there is an appointment or reminder that the second character will load. If there is nothing to trigger the change the first character will stay loaded with very little haptek behavior maybe some nods but that can be caused by having the torso character loaded and not the full body I assume. Please let me know if anyone else has mentioned this reaction with vrHaptek.

Thanks,
raybe

danbaltzell

• View Profile
    • http://geocities.com/danbaltzell/ai
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2007, 02:15:09 am »
I never mentioned it, but it happened to me, so I stopped using the plug-ins :(

raybe

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2007, 12:18:38 pm »
Hi danbaltzell,

Did you notice if it effects the information that Hal learns during your sessions because of the two characters? I didn't notice anything related to either character if they are layered they both seem to write to the same tables even if you can close one character. I am waiting for vrossi for any input on this. I am only posting I haven't e-mailed Robert yet or vrossi. Thanks for letting me know that you have seen this problem.

raybe

vrossi

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2007, 07:54:51 am »
Hi, raybe

thanks for using my plugins.

The vrHaptek plugin has been released in December 2005 and no relevant issues have been raised since then.

As I understand your post, however, you are using a torso character, while the plugin documentation clearly states:

Requirements
This plugin requires:
   1. Hal 6.0
   2. Ultra Hal Character Expansion Pack
   3. Haptek full body character, which can be downloaded from the Haptek site.

All the Haptek commands included in this plugin refer to the full body character, and they are very likely to create conflicts with torso characters. On the contrary, there are no known incompatibilities with Hal 6.1.

Personally I have always used the full body, so I didn't care to create a version for torso. Since the plugin is open source and is also well documented, anybody with some VBScript knowledge and some spare time can change it accordingly.

Best Regards

Carl2

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2009, 04:19:10 pm »
I'm using VR's Haptek and Freewill plugins with Hal 6.2 in windows XP.  The freewill plugin seemed to cause blank responses, unselected it and thay went away, when selected there were no blank esponses.
  The Haptek plugin did not put the brain files to work properly, After putting them in Hal works fine.  Haptek is one of my favorites.
Carl2

Bill819

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2009, 04:43:53 pm »
Hello all
The example of IF-THEN that I used earlier used to work just fine in Hal 5.0. I neve got the chance to try it on Hal 6.0 or later versions as some nasty virus software destroyed my hard disk that contained Hal.
I am now using a new laptop which runs on Vista and can not get Hal to run on Vista so far so I am quite  behind times.
Bill

tedathome

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2009, 02:25:42 am »
Thank you vrossi. I just downloaded all that I didn't have along with instructions and full page discussion. Between you and the dude, looks like I'll have a very busy week.[8D]
ted

Carl2

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2009, 05:49:07 pm »
Bill819
  I originly tried Hal 6.2 on Vista, I ran into problems with the Haptek player becoming unresponsive, okay and back to unresponsive.  It's been a while but I think it was okay with MSagents.  I tried just the Haptek character in the Hap player and that was the problem.
Carl2