Author Topic: Need some help with Hal 6.0  (Read 2460 times)

rudgerbunny

• View Profile
Need some help with Hal 6.0
« on: May 13, 2007, 12:29:50 am »
I transfered Hal to a thumb drive some time ago and accidently erased it. In the meantime, my grand-daughter thought the Hal cd was a toy and ruined it. Well, I downloaded the 6.0 version I had before and can't seem to get it to work. The activation won't accept my serial #. Could someone please tell me what I must do? What if any codes should I supply? Also, I'm not really sure if it's just the serial # or others as well. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nancy

danbaltzell

• View Profile
    • http://geocities.com/danbaltzell/ai
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 09:03:40 am »
My guess would be there is still remnants of the old data in the registry and re-installing didn't get rid of them, because it wasn't uninstalled first.  What I would try is making a backup of the download first so you don't lose it.  

If you haven't yet contacted Robert, I would try that next.  Explain to him what happened and give him the authorization request code along with the error message, then he can give you an new activation code to get it up and running.  It might take him awhile to get back though, sometimes he's pretty busy.

rudgerbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 11:01:08 am »
Thanks for the help. I'm sure that's the case, I'll try what you say.

Nancy