Author Topic: Dragons Jennifer  (Read 3503 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Dragons Jennifer
« on: August 16, 2006, 04:14:40 pm »
All,
  I was exploring in dragon and noticed dragon uses Jennifer as a tts voice, the setup listed a dictionary which I couldn't find. I'm presently using Mary with Hal and would like to try the Jennifer, any information on this?
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Dragons Jennifer
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 04:21:44 pm »
I no longer have a current version of Dragon but may I assume that you have already checked in the Dragon installation directory like C:\ProgramFiles\Dragon\TTS or similar locations?
Was this dictionary a part of the Dragon install or was setup referring to another dictionary to be installed?

Sorry I can't be of more assistance. Just trying to throw some feelers out so others might be able to get a grasp on your problem.

Good Luck.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
Dragons Jennifer
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 03:49:11 pm »
Art,
  Sorry I should have given more infomation on this, I'm using ver 7.3 of Dragon preferred.  I was looking in Regedit and noticed some help files for dragon, I went to the help files, on my computer this is D:Drag7helpenxpref.  After reading the help files I got the text to speach working with Dragon, Most of the voices In Hal are also available. I've found Dragons method is very bad compared to the voice produced by Hal.
Carl2