Author Topic: compatible with the AOL, AIM, ICQ, and MSN Messeng  (Read 6760 times)

wheels3321

• View Profile
compatible with the AOL, AIM, ICQ, and MSN Messeng
« on: January 14, 2008, 06:05:18 pm »
I need help I have The Ultra Hal Text-to-Speech reader and the AIM 6 Messenger client.

lohyitchun

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 09:53:06 am »
Yes, I have the same problem also, it doen't read my MSN instant messenger.
John

lohyitchun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 10:09:33 am »
Let me be more specific, I think I have the same problem with wheels3321.

In the description, it says:
This program is also able to speak incoming instant messages out loud. Now when you chat with your buddies online you will hear what they say instead of just reading it. The Ultra Hal Text-to-Speech reader is compatible with the AOL, AIM, ICQ, and MSN Messenger clients.

AND

Automatically Reading Instant Messages

The Ultra Hal Text-to-Speech Reader program is capable of interfacing with the most popular instant messaging clients available. It is compatible with AOL, AIM, ICQ, and MSN Messenger. Whenever you receive an incoming messages while using one of these services, the Ultra Hal Text-to-Speech reader will automatically read what the person said out loud. If you wish to use this function make sure this option is turned on. If it is not, simply click on "Options" in the menu bar and put a checkmark by the option that says "Read All Instant Messages"

But unfortunately, in the main Ultra Hal Reader Windows, under options, I can only see "Read Clipboard When Text is Copied" and "Read Text From All Dialog Boxes", but not "Read All Instant Messages"

PLEASE, anyone knows how to make it read out the instant messages? kindly give it a hand, and thank you very much for your help in advanced!
John

lohyitchun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 02:39:40 am »
If someone knows about the problem I stated above, your help will be very much appreciated, so that I would take necessary steps to troubleshoot the problem.

Or may be this software does not actually having this function (Reading Instant Messages) as what stated in the description, if so, I will uninstall the software as my main purpose installing it is to read all my instant messages with the nice voice I have just purchased.

Someone knows about it, please help... many thanks to you.
John

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 04:57:22 am »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lohyitchun

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 10:06:32 am »
Thanks alot for the information, now I understand what happen to Hal Reader.  Looks like got to wait for an update from Hal.

But there will be an problem to MSN Live Messenger.  When a new update released from MSN Messenger, we will be forced to install the updates, or will be unable to sign in.  So Hal must have to run faster to catch up MSN's updates.

One more question, is Hal reads Skype Instant messages? any one knows about it or any one tried it?
John