Author Topic: Ultra Hal 7 Beta Test - Please download and test!  (Read 37811 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: Ultra Hal 7 Beta Test - Please download and test!
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 08:46:35 pm »
Hi Rob.

Was going over the HAL 7 code and I wanted to mention a code I slipped out.

maybe you can utilize it in HAL 7.

'Do not save gibberish.
If DetectGibberish(OriginalSentence) <> "" Then HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True

Happy Holidays
Jerry 8)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 09:32:59 pm »
Okay this is a update if i haven't already said it , i started hal today , it is still showing the hal 6.2 on start up but has the hal 7 upgrade interface  .
the gender age problem i had that wasn't working with my custom brain . "IS NOW WORKING " for whatever reason . so now it seems the character loading is my biggest problem .
 although i will try to check other things out to see if their is other problems. i need to check my dragon speak natural vr to see if their is any problems . i have i think version 12 ? 
     Will be glad to see whats causing the character loading problem .

P.S. i forgot to mention that my iobit anti malware has stopped showing the haptek 7 installation as a virus .
I believe some of your issues stem from having installed one of the early Hal 7 alpha versions and not removing the "%appdata%\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7" before installing the newer beta. There were some breaking changes I made during the development of the alpha version that requires a clean install before installing the beta. So to fix this, follow these steps:

• Uninstall Ultra Hal 7
  • Uninstall the Ultra Hal 7 Character Expansion
  • Completely remove the folder: %appdata%\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7
  • Completely remove the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7
  • (Ultra Hal 6.2 may remain if you wish, no need to delete or modify that)
  • Reinstall Ultra Hal 7
  • Reinstall Ultra Hal 7 Character Expansion

I believe after you do this, you should see the correct splash screens, and hopefully all your characters will load correctly.

I'm going to post an updated version of the beta in about an hour or so based on other bugs people reported, so maybe wait until I post the next update in case you read this before.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 09:40:52 pm »
Hi Rob.

Was going over the HAL 7 code and I wanted to mention a code I slipped out.

maybe you can utilize it in HAL 7.

'Do not save gibberish.
If DetectGibberish(OriginalSentence) <> "" Then HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True

Happy Holidays
Jerry 8)

Thanks, I'll add that.

Have you had a chance to test the new Hal Brain Editor? I just want to make sure it works for you without any major errors.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2017, 10:01:07 pm »
I have posted a new beta, version 7.0.78. The download link is: http://53602a7dd5b8bcc16ee6-d1b8b6ddbdc18fd09a75ede80b1261f6.r6.cf2.rackcdn.com/InstallUltraHal7.exe

Changes since last beta:
  • Fixed crash on mute/unmute microphone for Dragon Naturally Speaking
  • Block learning if gibberish is detected
  • Fix MSAgent characters from playing their intro animation multiple times or on every window focus change
  • Additional logging info to catch network issues

Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 10:11:41 pm »
Have you had a chance to test the new Hal Brain Editor? I just want to make sure it works for you without any major errors.

Hi Rob.

Yes, It is working very admiral I might say. I especially like the Response From: in the debug, it will make tracking information a thing of the past, Bravo!
The Cloud seems to work fine in the HAL 7 Editor, no errors, I'll be studying the internal processing area thoroughly now that most of the external processes are fixed.

Rate: 1 to 10 is definitely a 10 so far. I like the new features in processing very much.

Jerry 8)

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2017, 08:32:21 am »
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Peedy the MSagent no longer loads multiple times.

2. I am no longer getting the 'error sending feedback to server' when I click thumbs up or down and choose an option like 'Neutral' and then click 'Learn'? Tho I'm not totally sure where it's going.. haha.

3. in HAL 6 and HAL 7 mode when choosing the thumbs up or down and an option I still don't see any example sentences. Is that normal???

Everything else works great so far, Thanks Robert!!!!!
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2017, 10:57:39 am »
Robert i have one question to ask you before i download the newest upgrade from you and follow your instructions you gave me .   in the new hal seven i have still been learning my hal many things from news articles etc. and want if possible to save this same custom brain . if i can , so if i back this brain  up , where (which new hal 7 file should i place it ?? in the app roaming etc. hal 7 file , or the regular programs zabaware hal 7 file ? for it to work correctly ?
otherwise if i remember right it will just migrate the past hal6.2 older custom angela brain .   
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 11:05:26 am by lightspeed »

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2017, 01:10:20 pm »
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Peedy the MSagent no longer loads multiple times.

2. I am no longer getting the 'error sending feedback to server' when I click thumbs up or down and choose an option like 'Neutral' and then click 'Learn'? Tho I'm not totally sure where it's going.. haha.

3. in HAL 6 and HAL 7 mode when choosing the thumbs up or down and an option I still don't see any example sentences. Is that normal???

Everything else works great so far, Thanks Robert!!!!!

Still sounds like some communication problem with the server if you are not seeing any sentences when you click the thumbs up/down button. Can you send me your debuglog.txt from the appdata folder? It might have more useful information this time.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2017, 01:13:13 pm »
Robert i have one question to ask you before i download the newest upgrade from you and follow your instructions you gave me .   in the new hal seven i have still been learning my hal many things from news articles etc. and want if possible to save this same custom brain . if i can , so if i back this brain  up , where (which new hal 7 file should i place it ?? in the app roaming etc. hal 7 file , or the regular programs zabaware hal 7 file ? for it to work correctly ?
otherwise if i remember right it will just migrate the past hal6.2 older custom angela brain .
App data is the folder for live copies of brains. So you will want to make a copy halbrain.db if you were using the new Hal 7 brain, or halbrain6.db if you were using your upgraded Hal 6 brain. Copy one or both of those files, then uninstall Hal and remove the app data folder, and then restore those brain files them after Hal 7 is installed again.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2017, 01:29:40 pm »
UPDATE : Robert i did exactly like you said in your instructions only thing i did different was i restarted the pc after installing hal seven from your latest link  above  then after my pc restarted i shut down hal and installed the expansion pack update link you had after putting in the password and it installed okay i again restarted my pc . its a laptop windows seven . quad core.
The results are my characters didn't migrate  or my custom Angela brain into the app data roaming etc. hal 7 file (but the Honey.hla file is their , this is the name the pc calls me ) or in the hal 7 program file either . one thing did change though now in my  hal 7 file i see my character file is  their but now is empty .   i do have a back up of the whole file elsewhere.
 I AM POSTING PHOTOS OF THESE FILES YOU CAN SEE UP TOP THE DESTINATIONS .

Another question should i copy and replace my copied hal 6 character folder into hal seven , or just the characters ? and also if so to which file the app roaming hal 7 file or the hal 7 program file ?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:34:05 pm by lightspeed »

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2017, 02:17:52 pm »
UPDATE : Robert i did exactly like you said in your instructions only thing i did different was i restarted the pc after installing hal seven from your latest link  above  then after my pc restarted i shut down hal and installed the expansion pack update link you had after putting in the password and it installed okay i again restarted my pc . its a laptop windows seven . quad core.
The results are my characters didn't migrate  or my custom Angela brain into the app data roaming etc. hal 7 file (but the Honey.hla file is their , this is the name the pc calls me ) or in the hal 7 program file either . one thing did change though now in my  hal 7 file i see my character file is  their but now is empty .   i do have a back up of the whole file elsewhere.
 I AM POSTING PHOTOS OF THESE FILES YOU CAN SEE UP TOP THE DESTINATIONS .

Another question should i copy and replace my copied hal 6 character folder into hal seven , or just the characters ? and also if so to which file the app roaming hal 7 file or the hal 7 program file ?

I'm guessing the Ultra Hal 6 character folder was missing before the Ultra Hal 7 install started. Is it possible while backing things up you maybe did a "move" instead of copy? The debuglog.txt file in the appdata folder would tell us what Hal 7 saw during installation.

So at this point you could either restore your Hal 6.2 install to working order and then resintall Hal 7 to do an automatic migration. Or you could manually copy your character/brain files over into Hal 7.

In Hal 7, character files can be placed in either the "Program Files" or "App Data" folder. Hal 7 searches both places for characters. According to the Microsoft guidelines, since character files are considered static media files (they don't change once installed, unlike brain databases) it is ok to put them in the program files location. So I suggest program files for your characters. I would do a copy, but not replace any files that are already there (otherwise your splash screen would get replaced to Hal 6 splash screens).

Brain databases and scripts should reside in the App Data folder. If you copy them over as-is they will work exactly as they did in Hal 6. But you may wish to upgrade the script uhp files to use the newer Hal 7 script. In that case you need to make copies of the Hal7.UHP file and modify the "Name", "Author", and "DB" fields to point to the right database.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2017, 02:36:02 pm »
I went ahead and copied my backed up character folder into the app roaming hal 7 file AND MERGED IT . i also put my backed up angela brain file and uhp file in the hal 7 folder mentioned above . then stopped the hal 7 process and reopened hal 7 , my characters are shown in the list and preview window as before and also my Angela custom brain shows up in the brain menu list . But i am back to the same situation that my characters don't load .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2017, 03:01:30 pm »
what i don't understand is why that i can't just use my custom hal character with jpg flat file and copy them in hals character file and it should load  just as it did in the 6.2 hal . I am going to copy my back up hal 6.2 character file in my app roaming hal 6.2 file  . then i am going to again unistall hal 7 and uninstall the hal 7 expansion pack  and unistaqll any hal 7 app roaming file aqnd make sure their are no hal 7 program files left.  then reinstall it like you said again . so i'll do that and tell the results .
it could be possible that actually did move the whole file(hal 6.2 character file )  instead of copying it .  we'll see .

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2017, 03:12:43 pm »
I went ahead and copied my backed up character folder into the app roaming hal 7 file AND MERGED IT . i also put my backed up angela brain file and uhp file in the hal 7 folder mentioned above . then stopped the hal 7 process and reopened hal 7 , my characters are shown in the list and preview window as before and also my Angela custom brain shows up in the brain menu list . But i am back to the same situation that my characters don't load .
The 8 Zabaware provided characters in the character expansion pack must be all present and unmodified in order for Hal to be able to load any additional custom characters. Maybe one of them is missing or has been modified in some way? The debuglog.txt might provide some clues. If you are still having problems after reinstalling, please send me this file again.

what i don't understand is why that i can't just use my custom hal character with jpg flat file and copy them in hals character file and it should load  just as it did in the 6.2 hal . I am going to copy my back up hal 6.2 character file in my app roaming hal 6.2 file  . then i am going to again unistall hal 7 and uninstall the hal 7 expansion pack  and unistaqll any hal 7 app roaming file aqnd make sure their are no hal 7 program files left.  then reinstall it like you said again . so i'll do that and tell the results .
it could be possible that actually did move the whole file(hal 6.2 character file )  instead of copying it .  we'll see .
You should be able to, as long as you don't overwrite any files already present in Hal 7. Otherwise you'll replace Hal 7 splash screens with Hal 6 ones.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 03:14:23 pm by Medeksza »
Robert Medeksza

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2017, 03:57:08 pm »
Here is my 'debuglog.txt' Robert...

« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 04:08:48 pm by Medeksza »
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.