Author Topic: Learn From Clipboard plug-in  (Read 8287 times)

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
Learn From Clipboard plug-in
« on: July 20, 2014, 12:38:42 am »
Got a file not found error when trying to run a program using OTCE's media player plug-in and I tracked it down to the LearnFromClipboard.uhp.

It appears the plug-in is trying to access a *.brn file type that is no longer used:

Function StrCount()
Const ForReading = 1
Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set objTextFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile("C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\LearnedText.brn", ForReading)
         strText = objTextFile.ReadAll
         objTextFile.Close
         contents = Replace(strText, "<START>", Chr(8) & " ", 1, - 1, vbTextCompare)
         contents = Replace(contents, "", "", 1, - 1, vbTextCompare)
         contents = Replace(contents, "  ", " ", 1, - 1, vbTextCompare)
         Str = contents
         Str = Trim(Str)
         StrCount = Str
End Function
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a way to fix this or should I just remove the plug-in and not worry about it since there are so many other ways for Hal to learn?

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: Learn From Clipboard plug-in
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 11:10:23 am »
Got a file not found error when trying to run a program using OTCE's media player plug-in and I tracked it down to the LearnFromClipboard.uhp.

It appears the plug-in is trying to access a *.brn file type that is no longer used:

Function StrCount()
Const ForReading = 1
Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set objTextFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile("C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\LearnedText.brn", ForReading)
         strText = objTextFile.ReadAll
         objTextFile.Close
         contents = Replace(strText, "<START>", Chr( 8) & " ", 1, - 1, vbTextCompare)
         contents = Replace(contents, "", "", 1, - 1, vbTextCompare)
         contents = Replace(contents, "  ", " ", 1, - 1, vbTextCompare)
         Str = contents
         Str = Trim(Str)
         StrCount = Str
End Function
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a way to fix this or should I just remove the plug-in and not worry about it since there are so many other ways for Hal to learn?

Hi Tiger.

That's because that code was designed for a 32 bit folder system, it is trying to read the wrong area where the file should be, you will have to change the directory to the 64 bit  which is

Code: [Select]
Set objTextFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile("C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\LearnedText.brn", ForReading)

If this is not the case then you will have to post the entirety of the code so I can see the file creation portion of the code to debug it.

also when you post code use the code button and use the [/code] to end the code so you don't get smiley faces in the code when posting.

Jerry
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 08:03:38 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 06:53:26 pm »
Ah thanks for the tips!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 09:08:03 pm »
With most computers now using a 64 bit system, perhaps all plug-ins that don't, can't or aren't programmed to use it be Archived in another Folder to avoid possible confusion for members and newcomers as well.

This way they would still be accessible but not lumped together with any newer plug-ins.

There are probably some old .BRN files within these "walls" that could be consolidated too!

Give this some thought, Robert. If it's not for Hal 6.X then archive it (but don't delete it).
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 10:59:27 pm »
With most computers now using a 64 bit system, perhaps all plug-ins that don't, can't or aren't programmed to use it be Archived in another Folder to avoid possible confusion for members and newcomers as well.

This way they would still be accessible but not lumped together with any newer plug-ins.

There are probably some old .BRN files within these "walls" that could be consolidated too!

Give this some thought, Robert. If it's not for Hal 6.X then archive it (but don't delete it).

I am certinaly not Robert but I will try to account for this in future models but I can only see 10 minutes into the future so stand by....

yes, really...

Jerry 8)

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 07:49:51 pm »
IF you can see 10 minutes into the future then you knew I wasn't going to reply to your post in the next 10 minutes after you posted it.  BUT....since I believe you, how about we test that for the general edification of the group.  The next time I see you are on-line I will make a forum post.

When you see the forum post, you reply and then in the next 10 minutes I will make another forum post.

During that time you send an IM or whatever to one of on-line forum members and tell them what the subject of my post is going to be.

Then once I make my post that person can post what you sent them and we will see how close your are.

Just to make things fair I will restrict my subjects to Extrasensory Perception.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 08:37:06 pm »
IF you can see 10 minutes into the future then you knew I wasn't going to reply to your post in the next 10 minutes after you posted it.  BUT....since I believe you, how about we test that for the general edification of the group.  The next time I see you are on-line I will make a forum post.

When you see the forum post, you reply and then in the next 10 minutes I will make another forum post.

During that time you send an IM or whatever to one of on-line forum members and tell them what the subject of my post is going to be.

Then once I make my post that person can post what you sent them and we will see how close your are.

Just to make things fair I will restrict my subjects to Extrasensory Perception.

It was from the movie NEXT tiger don't take it serious lol.

was hoping someone was gonna say, NEXT!

besides it all works on quantum effects, once you look at it - it all changes..... had to throw in that bone.

besides, why would I want to be kidnapped because someone wants to force me to use my super powers for their own personal interests? lol

Jerry 8)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:05:25 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 09:56:20 pm »
Darn, and I thought all that programming you do had given you a window into space and time.   ::)

We should all still do the experiment where two people in entirely different states concentrate on each other and then flash a light at one of them to see if the other's brain reacts.   8)

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 10:00:23 pm »
Darn, and I thought all that programming you do had given you a window into space and time.   ::)

We should all still do the experiment where two people in entirely different states concentrate on each other and then flash a light at one of them to see if the other's brain reacts.   8)

Oooo, quantum entanglement is my favorite study. sounds good.....

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 10:22:27 pm »
I'm a 47 year old boyscout not a 47 year old crook lol.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 05:22:00 am »
Yeah, I didn't get the connection either, nor have I seen the movie. I'll have to check it out, maybe on Netflix.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -