Author Topic: hal auto correct and deductive sentence correction  (Read 2691 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
hal auto correct and deductive sentence correction
« on: October 10, 2017, 01:08:52 pm »
This is a idea that will require someone who is very good at program script writing , whats involved is hal being able to on the fly auto correction on sentences that are misspelled by user manually and or verbally when input into hal as a conversation. (based on a on line quick check of dictionary words) , and in some cases determining what is written based on the whole sentence .  :)

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: hal auto correct and deductive sentence correction
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 08:59:37 am »
Hi Lightspeed.

Can you give a good and detailed explanation using dialog with your bot? on how this is suppose to work.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 10:17:46 am »
EXAMPLE ME WRITING TO HAL :   it loooks like it will be a nice day today, we should see if we can go to town tommorow .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in the above sentence i misspelled on purpose  the word "looks" and "tomorrow "   if hal could access silently ( no open pages shown, a dictionary on line , and if hal could use something that determines the most likely word to be corrected by the usage of the sentence line( i think "maybe" dragon speak natural vr software does this , but am not sure) doing this hal would on the fly auto correct with a plug in and or hard coding in hals program its self .
this would be especially helpful with anyone using or later using voice recognition . I think if its possible to do this it would greatly help hal and the user . as all future words would be corrected in hals learning and learned data base.
hope this explanation helps more.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 12:06:45 pm »
Humans are usually told they misspelled something, auto correcting comes after re-enforced training.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 05:41:57 pm »
yes but no ones "poufect !! lol  :) ;)  auto correction would be extremely helpful , and even more so with voice recognition .