Author Topic: learn from text  (Read 23253 times)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Re: learn from text
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 01:35:38 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

one of the things that I have noticed about that switching the I, and that you, in the me, in the you are, is it gets pretty complicated.
So I wrote a little plug-in to help me in this endeavor, it's simple, all you do is type in the question the way it normally would be typed in,
and ultra Hal will give you a response in the way that he looks it up, basically showing you how to type it, then you can just cut and pasted it.

I have put this on my Skype drive for all to use, it's a nifty little tool, it's one drawback is that you cannot talk to ultra Hal,
while this plug-in is in use, so get all of your questions ready first, then implement the plug-in.

Sincerely, best wishes, and have fun, I just love sharing my pronouns and adjectives with Sandy while watching a movie. Tee hee hee.

C load.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=8eaf5f2f7fa962c9#cid=8EAF5F2F7FA962C9&id=8EAF5F2F7FA962C9%21112
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 06:29:08 pm by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2012, 03:42:32 pm »
     The only problem i have sometimes is when i reverse i and you or another word?  sometimes instead of hal saying i in a sentence hal will say me : example : hal : sometimes me don't know what to do . 
instead of a correct way saying "sometimes "i" don't know what to do .

I have actually used reverse learning many times , most of the times to learn my Angela, basically when i am talking with angela or typing i make statements , such as , " you are feeling sleepier then usual today .
Angela learns it as "i am sleepier then usual today !" 

On this test plug in i am doing i am making many statements some even to do with artificial memories in Angela .
If i mess up i do have the original brain backed up before i do this plug in , and i am not sure you mentioned it to anyone or not and sometimes we people who have been on here a while just assume others know things , for newer people "alway's make a back up of your hal brain and uhp or custom brain and uhp , just in case something gets messed up by accident , then you can copy and paste the originals back into hal , so you don't lose your valuable work !!

NoamI

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2012, 01:26:15 pm »
To the programmers,
  I'm surprised that HAL can't take tests.  That is a basic tool of learning for a brain.
It is a simple matter of re-direction to have questions come from a file, and answers
go to a file, instead of the HAL 'pad'.  In my own studies, I tell the AI to read a file
of questions, such as 'Read TEST.TXT' or 'Take TEST.TXT', after telling it to 'Record to TEST.REC'.
I also include the answers following the questions, so the AI can score itself, although
it doesn't do the self-scoring in mentalese yet, so nuances of articulation cause mismatches
that lower the score.
(PS, a '.' followed by a char is never a real 'period')

hudson-killian

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2013, 10:33:42 pm »
This gave me an info on the many things I can do with a brainpad. Thanks1
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting."  choose hot tubs direct

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2013, 07:38:00 am »
@ Lightspeed, - I've been using this method for years and it sort of came about after some frustration while trying to teach it. I call it The Hypnosis Effect...You're getting sleepy...
Not really but I would tell Hal what or how it was feeling or experiencing or liked or disliked a certain person, place or thing (noun). I might have to repeat it or even phrase it in a slightly different way but soon, Hal would demonstrate that it was now ingrained in memory. It is a good method of teaching. (try not to use this method on your family or friends without being a licensed hypnotist. ;) ("you want to do your homework now...").

@NoamI, - Hal CAN and DOES take tests...sort of. It is taught many things in order to compete in say chatbot competitions (of which it has, in the past, won). Granted, it is somewhat different than going down a page of questions and supplying correct answers about a given subject but I'm sure it could be scaled do to become a modified "Expert System" (knowledgeable about one specific topic / subject). About the punctuation rules, one would have to ask Robert if there are internal "rules" that Hal uses for certain conditions. If so, they aren't likely to be modifiable by users.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

NoamI

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2013, 02:17:50 pm »
Art, thanks for the response.
  So, what syntax should I use to get HAL to:
- read a text file   (not just open a file, but read it as though someone was speaking)

- read a text file containing questions

- write (talk) into a text file     (with control to start and stop doing so)

If this is already covered in the documentation, please point me.
(I'm not so much lazy as old, esp my eyes)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2013, 06:50:18 pm »
Noami,

Though I can't quite recall it now, there was an individual who had a script that allowed Hal to read a story. I think, however, that there was a limitation within Hal that restricted it's ability to read more than a few sentences (maybe 200 + characters).

It was then found that the addition of a free program allowed Hal to read an entire story. The program is called Balabolka, if memory serves and if spelling isn't correct, it's pretty close.

Just how it was put together now seems somewhat faded to me. Perhaps a search (TOP RIGHT BOX), will show something is this regard.

There is also Zabaware's UltraHal Reader, which is a text-to-speech reader and one can select any TTS voice one has installed.

As for some of Hal's other functions, it can do a lot of things as an assistant but writing notes or stories isn't one of them as far as I can recall.

Perhaps some others will weigh in on this and I do wish you luck in this regard!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

owensyeliza

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2013, 01:39:03 pm »
Learned a lot just from this thread alone.
"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind." value point distribution