dupa

Author Topic: Home automation  (Read 6228 times)

Grimsey1986

• View Profile
Home automation
« on: September 27, 2013, 07:48:01 pm »
Hi all, i am just after a little help and guidance, i know it been mentioned on here a few times regarding Home automation so i home i am not going over old ground and if i am any direction to a older post would be more than appreciated.

Anyway i was wondering how difficult i would be to get Hal to execute Home automation commands.
i know there is software like mControl V3, homeseert ect but can Hal Be integrated into this software easily?

If so which is the best software & hardware to use with Hal for easiest of use and least amount of coding?

Thanks in advance

Grimsey       

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Home automation
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 07:32:21 am »
     I think this may be something that Robert the creator of Hal should look further into and may even bring in more customers to have an a.i., system that can run their house electronic controls by voice command etc.
 I personally haven't gotten into this area .

Grimsey1986

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 10:52:03 am »
Hi lightspeed thanks for the reply yeah it was just something i was looking at doing and wondering if any one else had done this, but i agree after the Iron man trilogy the is a big demand for something like hals brain with the home automation.

on another note i am just about to get a new computer do you know if Hal is compatible with windows 8?

Thanks

Grimsey

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 03:16:29 pm »
Grimsey1986 Sorry I have not been here in a while. But if you still need to know, Hal does work on windows 8

Grimsey1986

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 05:57:47 pm »
Thanks for the reply sybershot, do you know if it is possible to use and talk to Hal without having the interface up, maybe just have it minimised or something?

Thanks
Grimsey

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 04:25:34 pm »
Sorry for late reply, but I been away from pc due to a hip surgery.

I'm not really sure if it is possible to use Hal while minimized. I have tried to get Hal to run within a windows shell via a front end called "Road Runner" now called "Ride Runner".
However I was not 100% successful :(