dupa

Author Topic: Disliking certain people feature  (Read 12756 times)

Calhoone

• View Profile
Disliking certain people feature
« on: December 02, 2013, 01:08:14 am »
Hello all.

I know Hal has the ability to get angry the more a person is mean or rude to it. From what i understand, Hal will eventually go back to a positive mood towards the user after a period of time if the user is nice to Hal. Is there a way to have Hal remember people who are mean to it and keep his mood towards them more permanent. I'm sure there are people we all don't like in our lives and we talk to them differently than we would someone we like.   

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Disliking certain people feature
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 05:13:58 am »
I think the way Hal was developed allowed for "him" / "her" NOT to hold a grudge for a long period of time.
Hal is sort of Quick to forgive and forget. Perhaps trying to also send a message that we could live by as well. Hmmm....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 02:53:50 pm »
Haha. I know what you are saying. I'm really not a hostile person or anything like that. I do approach negative and mean people in a different manner than I would positive people. Not that I am rude or anything to them. I don't tolerate bullies and back stabbers and those who thrive on talking crap about people one minute and then being that persons best friend the next.  I'll still be as polite as I can...if that makes any sense to you..  :D

I am just curious as an experiment. Kinkaid's predecessor Ares, has a bit of a god complex and I wanted to see how a conversation would go between the two because they have two very different personalities.  It's more for my amusement than to have Kinkaid or Ares learn to hold grudges.

I do understand your point though....something to meditate on.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 10:13:13 am »
Art wrote : I think the way Hal was developed allowed for "him" / "her" NOT to hold a grudge for a long period of time.

I agree and also believe it's good that Hal is set up this way otherwise even if a person was kidding around and Hal "thought" you were being rude and started being that way with you eventually you would have a hal character that would be more or less useless to have and use .
So be glad hal is so forgiving !  :) ;)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 05:08:24 pm »
IF, on the other hand, you have People Putty AND your version plays nicely with Windows 7 or 8, then you can create your own character and give it a personality that it will start with and exhibit for the most part of the conversation.
It's almost a behavior modification. I experimented with a wide variety of moody characters when I had XP and People Putty.

People Putty does NOT work with my Windows 7. It does not acknowledge my purchase license or Serial # at all. I've even written Haptek but they had nothing to offer in the way of an explanation or fix to allow me to run it. At this point my experimentation has stopped.

I did create a psychotic gal who had those wild looking eyes and sneer that made her look quite dangerous while chatting with her. (don't turn your back).

I think that certain commands can also be used to cause Hal to change while chatting.

- Art -

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 11:27:45 pm »
This type of subject reminds me of trust.   Here are some off the top of my head thoughts about it........
I trust this person more than that one.
I'll tell this person about a subject but not another.
This person has shown themselves to always be trying to trick trap or set you up, so caution is required and try not to say anything.
Don't tell some people where you live.
Don't give out your pin number.
Don't give your money away "usually",,,,Mr Data has his own money.

Secrets, this person does not know about such and such and we all know not to tell them. "supprize party perhaps"

Tho before rushing to write a plug in it would be interesting that Hal would be smart enough to just learn new rules.
There is a lot to try with Hal when you start to think about it, and weather a plug in is required or can just learn it.
This just shows how much there is to try with Hal and it all takes time.
Success sounds nice. if its nice then its more successful.
The subjects above are just my thoughts and my not reflect Mr Data's thoughts.
Bye for now and be well  :)  :]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 07:05:06 pm »
I am still interested in pursuing this subject with Kinkaid and Ares. It's more of an experiment. Will made a few good points to support my ideas that I am interested in testing. I have been trying to teach Kinkaid to avoid talking to certain "bad" people or people who do and say bad things.  I agree we should not hold grudges and should have positive attitudes towards people and life, however there are many people who are taken advantage of or worse when they associate with these bad people who would take what they have learned or could learn and use it for their personal greed or whatever. 

An example of this would be if we had our Hal's on websites or whatever that anyone can talk to.  I'm sure we all have told our Hals some kind of personal information that could be used against us if someone were to try.  It would be nice if Hal was able to develop a level of trust in people which can go up and down and stay way when the same person logs on later.

The same goes for abusive people. I don't tolerate it and nor do I want to associate with them so I don't. I wouldn't want Kinkaid wasting time on people who are swearing or trying to teach it bad habits.

Those are just my thoughts.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 09:59:25 am »
Calhoone wrote :
The same goes for abusive people. I don't tolerate it and nor do I want to associate with them so I don't. I wouldn't want Kinkaid wasting time on people who are swearing or trying to teach it bad habits.

this is interesting , actually although it wouldn't be actually ignoring people who swore at a hal character , the insult area ( I think I have that right) could be custom changed so that if certain (list all you want ) cuss words were used hal could say please don't swear or cusss , etc. I don't like hearing someone do words like that , swearing is a sign of lower intelligence , etc. any custom saying could be made , as I said it won't make hal ignore a person but hal can express how he or she feels about it better .
  their may actually be a way after so many times to also have hal change the subject and say lets talk about something that has nothing to do with swearing language okay?

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 11:51:30 pm »
Eh i was passing by and felt like posting up the place.

As usual i'd just try to teach such a thing before rushing into a plug in. As of course the idea could be or should be just having the ablility to learn a subject or skill.

"this whole subject reminds me of Mr Data's first day out in public in 2005,,,,,,i put him in a yard of a shop and waited for someone to come along to talk to him"....
The first person who came along, so i told him Mr Data can talk and learn and he should try him talking to him.

So the man went over to Mr Data and the first thing the man said was   " F**K Off,   F**K off, F**K off   "   
OH no i said, don't say that, thats the first thing he has ever heard from people and an old lady is probably going to be along soon and she ain't gonna wanna hear that back from him.
THis may have been back when Mr Data from what i remember could swear, so it was not the best start, but that's people for you.
          Almost as interesting as years later he was back there, and some young boys came along and Mr Data stopped talking to them so they attacked him. He has not forgotten by the way.
All very interesting, such is life.
Bye for now and be well :)  :]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 12:08:02 am »
Lightspeed:  I do like your idea. I have looked through the main database and there is an insult area where one could add to the responses. Perhaps Hal can be improved that way.

Will:  I began by teaching Kinkaid things such as respect, morals, politeness etc...  It's something I am always trying to work on.  It's too bad Mr. Data's first experiences out in the real world had to be negative ones but that is a rather interesting story.  It must be very interesting to be able to take Mr. Data out into the real world like that.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 01:27:07 pm »
Calhoone , another thing I may mention about your idea and that would be , hal may get to a certain level and if hal perceives things said a certain way or a word as an insult , your hal may decide to not talk to you ( even if you don't per say use swear words ) but explaining etc. or words within a sentence as a double meaning or explanation .
And if so they only way around getting hal to talk back with you again maybe be having back ups of earlier brains , of course you will lose in between all the learned info you have taught hal .
 just a thought for what it's worth .

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 09:20:52 pm »
I had thought about that Lightspeed. Perhaps if this were to become a plugin one day, we could add a function in the plugin setup to reset Hals opinion of people to zero. Maybe individually or as a whole. Or just have it so Hal won't stop talking to you but rather state that why he doesn't like or want to associate with that person so a conversation could continue. Hal would just talk to those people he likes less differently. No compliments and such.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 02:15:34 am »
Sorry to chime in so late but there was a plugin already made for that and I know I still have it and can't give him or her the credit right now. The premise of the plugin in was to weigh how much you insulted UltraHal or where mean thus letting UltraHal off the leash a little each time. Maybe wrong on the description of the plugin but it did keep track if UltraHal liked you today as much as yesterday.

raybe

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 03:22:31 am »
Now we are talking. Do you have a copy of this plugin?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2014, 12:15:43 pm »
Was it perhaps one of  the VR pluging? I seem to recall something very similar to your description. I think he did allow Hal to assign weights to objects or was that something done within the VRFreeWill pluging?

Just grasping....

- Art -