dupa

Author Topic: Look at this - its free  (Read 7958 times)

Bill819

• View Profile
Look at this - its free
« on: September 14, 2005, 07:12:52 pm »
This was posted by a friend on another site. I am sure that everyone will want to try to get a copy. It is FREE, while they last.
Bill
Subject: 3D artist?

DAZ productions has released a 3D posing and animation program for free. You have to register and the release is 'Tell-Ware'. But it looks good. And it's both Windows and Mac.

http://www.daz3d.com/program/studio/1_0index.php

Smokey

• View Profile
Look at this - its free
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 10:48:27 am »
I downloaded it and it looks good. [8D] Thanks for the tip.  I will play around with it this weekend.

Smokey[^]
Smokey

FuzzieDice

Look at this - its free
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 10:59:38 pm »
One more toy. :) I got Blender too (www.blender.org) and a book about it at Amazon.com. Now if only I could get time to play with all these goodies. :)

citrinedragon

• View Profile
    • http://www.dawndragon.com
Look at this - its free
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 11:52:55 pm »
Bill,
I downloaded it too. Thanks. What is a "Tell-Ware" anyway?
citrinedragon
"A watched dragon never sleeps."
http://www.dawndragon.com

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Look at this - its free
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 04:16:12 am »
I think Tell-Ware translates into something like Word-Of-Mouth-Ware, tell your friends about it etc.

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Look at this - its free
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 01:04:30 pm »
Yesterday, I went to the site and registered.
This morning I went back and clicked to download the studio One.
It took me to my "private download area"
There were 3 items there for download.
I did the studio.   11 MB
Then I did the power-pose.  588 KB
Then I did the "PC_DS_Base_All"  54 MB.
I have not installed this "PC DS Base All" as I would kind of like to know what it is before I do so.
Anybody, what is it?

« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 02:31:39 pm by Duskrider »

citrinedragon

• View Profile
Look at this - its free
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 03:57:43 pm »

Duskrider,

This is what it is. I suppose it could be used to create new HalBack.jpgs for one thing. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but it appears to really be free. The idea is that you'll buy "expansion pak" like stuff for it and they'll make their money that way.

From their description:

Whether you're just getting started in 3D, or are an avid 3D artist and enthusiast, DAZ Studio will allow you to express yourself in 3D like never before. Imagine being able to easily create your own convincing 3d artwork. You don't need to take any special courses or read any complicated books. Perhaps you have a scene in your mind that you'd like to create. Choose your 3D subjects and their virtual environment, and then let DAZ Studio fill in the rest for you. Or, perhaps you've found an interesting 3D character that you enjoy and would like to build a scene around it. Either way, DAZ Studio can be the means to bring everything together into a stunning representation of your limitless imagination.

DAZ Studio is a free software application that allows you to easily create beautiful digital art. You can use this software to load in people, animals, vehicles, buildings, props, and accessories to create digital scenes. DAZ Studio includes two pre-configured scenes ready for you to Load & Render within DAZ Studio. Just double-click on the scene thumbnails inside of DAZ Studio, and everything will come on screen posed, lit, and ready for you to create a stunning digital image. Click here to view a sample scene render from DAZ Studio using the included content.
citrinedragon

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Look at this - its free
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 04:31:45 pm »

Dragon,
You discussing DAZ Studio. Thats the 11 MB item.
What about the "PC DS Base All"?  The 54MB item.
Did you get that?  

Is this item also part of studio??

--Dusky

citrinedragon

• View Profile
Look at this - its free
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 06:19:45 pm »
Duskrider,

I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I'm pretty sure the "base-all" the 54 MB download is the 3D elements for use with the DAZ Studio. Another words, I (believe) it's the bag of 3D "clip-art" so to speak. I'm gonna try it out Sunday. Then I'll know for sure.
citrinedragon

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Look at this - its free
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 05:27:03 pm »
Hi guys, I have used this s/w and it's fine - basically it compares to the Poser s/w for making 3d scenes with characters and rendering them as you wish.  You can move the models, pose them, change lights and textures from within the main program.  Then on top of that theres hundreds of add ons and freebies, plus all the commercial stuff.

For a piece of free s/w it is really quite amazing - the bigger file is part of the package, as I remember off the top of my head, it is indeed the 3d content.  This includes scenes, objects and I believe also a model figure for a woodland scene.

The site also offers a free base 3D model called Victoria, or more commonly refered to as V3, this allows a lot more in the way of changes and morphs etc.

As far as I know, so far it only renders static scenes, but that may have changed as I saw somewhere something about lipsync, but that might have been Poser.

The models work in a similar way to Haptek - in that they use a base model/mesh which has a skin texture rendered onto it.  These have a lot higher resolutions though.  Average Haptek skins go at about 1240 x 1240, but for this it's more often 4000 x 4000 plus.

That gives it all a much more realistic look, and you would have to examine some renders closely to tell if it wasn't a real person.
They and the 'market place' there make money from selling expansion packs and textures, scenes and everything including the kitchen sink.

Be warned, there is sooo much stuff out there, you'll probably spend weeks on this, it's a whole block away from Haptek in terms of realistic renders, even if they are static.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 05:29:39 pm by freddy888 »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Look at this - its free
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005, 07:15:37 pm »
Yes and anyone who owns any version of Poser can upgrade on line for $99 USD or $129 Ship CD.
Poser 6 also features dynamic cloths and hair great for use in animations.
Interested parties check out:

http://www.e-frontier.com/article/articleview/1505/1/580?CID=196746

No, Poser is not compatible with Ultra Hal (at this time).
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

stan44

• View Profile
Look at this - its free
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2005, 10:28:43 pm »
oh nice find >< i knew of blender >.>
but im downloading daz thingy ^.^ cant wait to try it thanks man!

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Look at this - its free
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 02:29:40 pm »

Finally went into DAZ last night with "Victoria".  
Interesting.
This morning I downloaded another DAZ free character "Aiko".
Interesting still.

Hummm.....
Do heads in Daz and convert to htr in people putty?
Wonder if this was how the animal heads were created in putty?  

Nice find Bill.

[;)]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Look at this - its free
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 10:32:14 am »
I know that .obj files will import into Daz, so it makes me think it should do the reverse.  .obj files can be taken into 3dSMax, which can then use the Haptek converter to make .htr's...I don't have 3dSMax so can't try it.