Author Topic: "I don't know much math.The answer is (=)."  (Read 3047 times)

JS

• View Profile
    • http://smart1234.s-enterprize.com
"I don't know much math.The answer is (=)."
« on: February 24, 2006, 07:12:35 pm »

Is there a way to change or remove this constant response every time Hal6.0 runs across a number, length, mass or constant defintion or a year, etc.. .

When I try to teach Hal6.0 something like. "Joe was born in the year 1982. Hal6.0 replies . Something like I don't know much math. The answer is (=). It seems like everytime Hal6.0 runs across a number it assumes you want to do a math operation. It does do straight out basic math ok when you type in something like sin(.7)=?

But then when I mention things in science like the The wavelength is 1.321 10^15 meters or I could say the mass of a proton is 1.67 10^27 Kg. Or if I say the certain local news occurred on Feb. 1, 1988, Hal6.0 assumes I want a math operation. I was wondering, does anyone know how to fix this. Is there a data file that can change the response " The answer is (=)" ? It seems to say this all the time you show a number. Then it recombines this answer with something else in the conversation.
   I noticed also that when I mention something in the local news occurred on Monday, Hal6.0 assumes I want to make an appointment on my calender on that followinf monday of that month and year. Is there a way to fix this too?

Thank you.

JS

Jim Smith

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 08:48:45 pm »
I have a patch for the HAL Math but it will only work in the Super Plugger Brain I designed to take control of all of HAL's default brain functions.

The Super Plugger Brain was designed to take control of the entire default HAL6 Brain from point to point.

The Math Patch will fix some issues when HAL may think a Math problem was given when one was not given.

I am sorry this Patch will not work with the default HAL6 Brain and only with the Super Plugger Brain I designed to take control of all its scripts, This Patch will probably not work if you have altered the Super Plugger brains plugin area numbers and will only work with an unaltered Super Plugger Brain.

You can get the Super Plugger Brain here:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3026

The only difference between the HAL6 and Super Plugger Brain is that the Super Plugger Brain has point to point script control beteen each GetResponse, other than that you will not notice any difference between the HAL6 default and the Super Plugger Brain, The Super Plugger Brain will work with your current default database so that all your learned information will not be lost.

Unzip and install the MathPatch.exe

Please help support www.ultrahalforum.com Thanks for all your donations.
We do have a 3 year Premium membership that will help boost coding time
and to ensure that our site continues for years to come.

Being a 3 year Premium member I will go out of my way to help you in any way I can and can setup one on one teaching lessons on demand within my coding limits.

I am having finacial difficulties at this time with keeping my current home, I may have to move because of a limited job force here in Crescent City California, I love it here but there is not enough work available here in this City to keep me from going under.

I will miss the Pacific Ocean greatly.

You are my only hope.

My apologies.

Jerry[8D]

Download Attachment: MathPatch.zip
1.19 KB
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 09:24:14 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 09:45:58 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by JS

Is there a way to change or remove this constant response every time Hal6.0 runs across a number, length, mass or constant defintion or a year, etc.. .

When I try to teach Hal6.0 something like. "Joe was born in the year 1982. Hal6.0 replies . Something like I don't know much math. The answer is (=). It seems like everytime Hal6.0 runs across a number it assumes you want to do a math operation. It does do straight out basic math ok when you type in something like sin(.7)=?

But then when I mention things in science like the The wavelength is 1.321 10^15 meters or I could say the mass of a proton is 1.67 10^27 Kg. Or if I say the certain local news occurred on Feb. 1, 1988, Hal6.0 assumes I want a math operation. I was wondering, does anyone know how to fix this. Is there a data file that can change the response " The answer is (=)" ? It seems to say this all the time you show a number. Then it recombines this answer with something else in the conversation.
   I noticed also that when I mention something in the local news occurred on Monday, Hal6.0 assumes I want to make an appointment on my calender on that followinf monday of that month and year. Is there a way to fix this too?

Thank you.

JS

Please give details on the news issue so I can make a patch for you.
If possible a chat log of the irregular conversation in HAL6.

Jerry[8D]

JS

• View Profile
    • http://smart1234.s-enterprize.com
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 05:03:31 am »
This is very strange. But Hal6.0 isn't answering with that response, "The answer is (=)" any more when just a number is typed in. Did it learn something on it's own? I was just looking at the script of HAl6.0's brain and exited the program, and it started working right. Another thing, the carriage return isn't automatic anymore.
   I am not sure how it corrected itself or maybe someone accessed my computer with the HP auto-updates. But it seems to be working alot better. In fact, in some math problems, it goes to the internet and finds the math. solution there and displays it.

Oh well.....

Can anyone explain this?

Maybe I better not talk too fast. I better knock on wood or something.

Thanks,
    JS
Jim Smith